Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/exclusive-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-liverpool-transfer-leicester/

Liverpool are looking at Leicester City’s Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall over a possible move, Anfield Watch understands.

Sources close to the situation suggest that Liverpool's scouting team has been closely monitoring Dewsbury-Hall's progress over the past season, and the club's interest in him has grown substantially.

Weirdly think Klopp would love him. But he's nowhere near that level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/exclusive-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-liverpool-transfer-leicester/

Liverpool are looking at Leicester City’s Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall over a possible move, Anfield Watch understands.

Sources close to the situation suggest that Liverpool's scouting team has been closely monitoring Dewsbury-Hall's progress over the past season, and the club's interest in him has grown substantially.

Would be incredibly annoying.

We're light in that area and he's nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool. 

Unless they're willing to pay £20m plus I don't see why we'd accept.

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would be incredibly annoying.

We're light in that area and he's nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool. 

Unless they're willing to pay £20m plus I don't see why we'd accept.

£20m! no way - he's on a long contract and its Liverpool. Should be £40m. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Culture, language play a huge part. 

Benfica will have a huge network of Spanish / Portuguese speakers working in and around these countries and have a good reputation within these countries. 

It's evident our club has nothing. 

Imagine old del boy Rudkin throwing out the ay up me ducks when trying persuade a family of a young Portuguese speaker to choose us. Not even worth thinking we'd be getting these player's at present because we won't. After the lack of joined up thinking on transfers over the last few years I don't believe in a couple of months since their board meeting that we've got the structure in place to nab the hot talent in South America. 

I'll wait for the genuine links before getting upset by losing out to Benefica on transfers. 

Yeah, totally get that. But Brighton and Watford have recruited young South Americans and probably get more of a pathway than at Benfica where competition is extremely fierce. 

I'd obviously rather go Benfica myself but it's not an excuse that we shouldn't be actively scouting and trying to take advantage of the value you get from South American leagues.

Dario Osorio being heavily scouted might mean we are looking to.

I love how people moan we're not signing young South Americans but if we did, would expect them to adapt and settle instantly. 

You talk about the likes of Brighton and Watford expoiting this market but generally, these teams give those players a season or two to acclimatise to our game. Our fans would be after their head 20 minutes into a poor debut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I love how people moan we're not signing young South Americans but if we did, would expect them to adapt and settle instantly. 

You talk about the likes of Brighton and Watford expoiting this market but generally, these teams give those players a season or two to acclimatise to our game. Our fans would be after their head 20 minutes into a poor debut. 

Nunez and Sara both played a huge part for Norwich last season during their first seasons at the club. I think most would be fairly forgiving if we're signing prospects for relatively low fees.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Been away, but why has the Cesare thread been closed? Is it confirmed or has the walking tour of Stoneygate deterred him from signing?

The usual of a few sidetracking onto rudkin and senior member execs having not publicly interviewed for 7 years. (all from a Percy article) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Nunez and Sara both played a huge part for Norwich last season during their first seasons at the club. I think most would be fairly forgiving if we're signing prospects for relatively low fees.

Are you new here? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The usual of a few sidetracking onto rudkin and senior member execs having not publicly interviewed for 7 years. (all from a Percy article) 

Annoying if that's why the threads closed.

Are the LCFC gestapo going to come down on Foxestalk?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

As a ‘water carrier’ and pressing machine he may well be good enough for them 

I don't think he is but I definitely see that being the idea behind any interest. Henderson has gone and his best attributes were his engine and workrate which is something Klopp values highly for that role. Henderson doesn't really stand out at anything other than that, but he presses and wins the ball or pressures the opposition. Maybe they see something similar in KDH.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I don't think he is but I definitely see that being the idea behind any interest. Henderson has gone and his best attributes were his engine and workrate which is something Klopp values highly for that role. Henderson doesn't really stand out at anything other than that, but he presses and wins the ball or pressures the opposition. Maybe they see something similar in KDH.

Henderson has exceptional leadership qualities on the pitch so we are told.  I'm not sure KDH does, yet anyway.    

I have always thought Henderson a very good passer of the ball as well, something KDH is more hit and miss with.  I await a resident statto to prove me wrong on that 😅

Otherwise I see what you're saying.  But he would be a bit of a poor man's Henderson imo. 

1 minute ago, Adster said:

yeah was wondering the same. Link is active and is clearly happening so why lock the thread? 

It was locked because the Percy article that said the move for Casadei was set to go ahead next week mentioned Rudkin having more power now and the thread got hijacked by a few posters debating that rather than talking about Casadei. I think some of our fans prefer to be miserable! 

Maybe those posts could be moved over to the Rudkin thread or another Casadei thread is opened? 

• Like 2