Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I love this increase in rumours connecting us to random South American wonder kids that we literally never sign and are 99% certain to become the next Carlos Fierro. It's like someone heard about the rule changes and then all of a sudden got us confused with an imaginative football club. 

When was the last time we signed anyone from outside of a small selection of European countries? All Pierre Laurari jokes aside, have we actually done it since? 

Do we even actually scout in south America at all? Let alone Japan, Korea, the entire continent of Africa, Mexico, the USA? 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I love this increase in rumours connecting us to random South American wonder kids that we literally never sign and are 99% certain to become the next Carlos Fierro. It's like someone heard about the rule changes and then all of a sudden got us confused with an imaginative football club. 

When was the last time we signed anyone from outside of a small selection of European countries? All Pierre Laurari jokes aside, have we actually done it since? 

Do we even actually scout in south America at all? Let alone Japan, Korea, the entire continent of Africa, Mexico, the USA? 

Only player I can think of from Africa we have picked up is Kamal Sowah, but that is because I think we had a connection with the right to dream academy or something like that

USA we have done a little bit with Odunze, Booth, and now Opoku - although Odunze has now gone back

Seemingly not getting involved in the South American market when it is very much a gold mine with quality inexpensive youngsters is really annoying though

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only player I can think of from Africa we have picked up is Kamal Sowah, but that is because I think we had a connection with the right to dream academy or something like that

USA we have done a little bit with Odunze, Booth, and now Opoku - although Odunze has now gone back

Seemingly not getting involved in the South American market when it is very much a gold mine with quality inexpensive youngsters is really annoying though

I've just never got over the fact we didn't sign Gabigol after we won the league. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You b*stard dropping in Fierro 😍😍😍😍 #FM

Edited by OriginalRobboFOX

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Annoying thing is there's enough data and coverage available that you could initially get away without even having a scout over there to start with. If I have enough time on my hands to suggest as many as I have from South America (and more often then not outside of the big 2) as well as others doing so on here, then I'm sure a professional club with dedicated resource should be able to do it with ease......

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love this myth of the super scary mean rough tough Championship like everyone in it is an absolute cage fighting animal. 

People should go and watch some South American league football. 

It's fvcking savage. James Maddison made his name in the Championship ffs. If Madders tried to play in some Chilean or Argentine league match he'd be snapped in half inside three minutes. 

I mean Neymar became world class in Brazil despite being built like a twig. I think physicality in modern day football is overstated as a whole, players are well protected nowadays compared to in the past.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love this myth of the super scary mean rough tough Championship like everyone in it is an absolute cage fighting animal. 

It's fvcking savage. James Maddison made his name in the Championship ffs. If Madders tried to play in some Chilean or Argentine league match he'd be snapped in half inside three minutes. 

I'd post the challenge by Marcelo in the Libertadores but it's awful 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Gabriel Sara is beginning to click for Norwich as well 

Yeah speaking to a Norwich supporting friend he said he was good last season but has gone up another level this season. Seems to have strengthened up and upped his pace.

Wants the transfer window to shut sharpish (unlike us) as petrified that someone will grab him and Rowe, who he says is an absolute beast of a player. 

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh, right! So was your point to enlighten us all about your deep South American football knowledge? Or are you suggesting the Championship isn't physical because players like Madders thrived? I do recall Maddison chopped in half and tackled quite hard in the Championship aswell pretty sure his first major knee injury was sustained there aswell. 

Edited by les-tah

12 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Oh, right! So was your point to enlighten us all about your deep South American football knowledge? Or are you suggesting the Championship isn't physical because players like Madders thrived? I do recall Maddison chopped in half and tackled quite hard in the Championship aswell pretty sure his first major knee injury was sustained there aswell. 

I think he was suggesting that South American players are used to playing in physical leagues, not that the Championship isn’t physical 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, les-tah said:

So was your point to enlighten us all about your deep South American football knowledge?

Why are so many people on this forum intimidated by the fact that some people are interested in watching football from other countries? 

Shit, you don't even need to pay for a cable package to watch the Copa Libertadores, the BBC show a bunch of games. 

You can go and watch highlights from just about every league in the world on YouTube on your phone these days. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He might learn how to roll like neymar though.  New skill, leveling up lol