Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, Pliskin said:

Doesn’t warrant its own thread. But the person who told me that Cooper was at Seagrave, reckons Barnes has been told he’s surplus to requirements at Newcastle, and we might be interested in taking him back on loan. 

Hard pass, I haven’t miss that donkey trying to dribble 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Doesn’t warrant its own thread. But the person who told me that Cooper was at Seagrave, reckons Barnes has been told he’s surplus to requirements at Newcastle, and we might be interested in taking him back on loan. 

I'd take him back! 

But hard to be told you're not required after one season?! I'll have doubts this is true. But if it is, then a loan would be great. 

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Would absolutely love this

31 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Would snap their hand off, better than any winger we've got currently. We'd be absolutely mad not to if it's true. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

As much as I’d like this to be true, I just can’t see it. Who have they got for wingers? Almiron and Anthony Gordon… who else?

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Sure one of you guys mentioned him

I’ve said numerous times that he should be our number 1 target for a new striker. 

This rumour has got me all hot and bothered, I’m actually sweating. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I'd love this. Was gutted he left. Felt like he was on the cusp of truly clicking, and by all accounts didn't really want to leave us in the first place.

Mavididi, Barnes, Fatawu and Alves as winger options? Yes please.

• Like 1

Not a chance Barnes leaves on loan and I reckon his book value will be circa £28m -£30m so if we did buy him back it would have to be for a similar fee as to what we sold him, therefore looking at £7m per year book value if we have him a 5 year deal, not inconceivable to make it happen but wages might be a stumbling block, would depend on how much he wants to come back home

51 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Newcastle are never loaning out a player they paid £30m+ when their currently in dire need of income from sales.

Yeah the loan fee would be something daft like £5-7m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think Barnes could be converted to play down the middle.

He hasn’t got the brains to play in a different position. As good as he can be he’s so robotic what he does in games. Can be unplayable but can can also be dreadful. You know what sort of game you’re getting from him in the first 20 mins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He hasn’t got the brains to play in a different position. As good as he can be he’s so robotic what he does in games. Can be unplayable but can can also be dreadful. You know what sort of game you’re getting from him in the first 20 mins. 

So true

Barnes had a strong end to the season if I recall for the Geordies.

He won't be surplus to requirements unless they view his wages as too high for a understudy to Gordon.

Remember, they signed Barnes 1st who thought he would be the 1st choice at LW. Now they have Gordon who is already better than him.

It might be that Barnesy won't play second fiddle, and he's looking for a way out.

Not very likely at all imo.

13 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Probably mistaken and meant Ashley Barnes :ph34r:

It'd be great to have Barnes back in a way but Mavididi deserves his chance to carry on what he's done for us. Wings aren't important right now. I'd imagine most people are happy with our current first choice wingers, so depth is needed but not someone to take the place of one of our better performers. We have more pressing areas of the pitch to look at, and we'd probably need that loan spot.