Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

8 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

Barnes had a strong end to the season if I recall for the Geordies.

He won't be surplus to requirements unless they view his wages as too high for a understudy to Gordon.

Remember, they signed Barnes 1st who thought he would be the 1st choice at LW. Now they have Gordon who is already better than him.

It might be that Barnesy won't play second fiddle, and he's looking for a way out.

Not very likely at all imo.

5 goals and 3 assists in 800 minutes is a decent return.

I can't see why they would want rid.

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

5 goals and 3 assists in 800 minutes is a decent return.

I can't see why they would want rid.

If there is any truth in it, it'd probably be because both he and Gordon are at their best as left wingers which makes Barnes an expensive backup for where Newcastle are currently with their financials. Added to the fact he's an injury risk.

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

If there is any truth in it, it'd probably be because both he and Gordon are at their best as left wingers which makes Barnes an expensive backup for where Newcastle are currently with their financials. Added to the fact he's an injury risk.

It sounds like it’s injuries, he’s barely kicked a ball. Plus, they’ve got Gordon who is better than him, so like you say he’s an expensive backup, which will restrict what they can do in the market. So, for them he’s one of the ones to offload so they can invest elsewhere.

Its not a reflection on Barnes as a player, its modern football now thanks to PRS and FFP, like we need to let KDH go they too need to let players go, and it seems like Barnes is an obvious choice mainly thanks for a not starter of a first season. 

49 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Local Jordanian news is supposedly linking us to Mousa Tamari i’ve seen on X, I don’t know much truth is in it but worth a mention. 

So we are apparently interested in Musa Al-Taamari from Montpellier who was signed from OH Leuven as a replacement for Mavididi who joined us 🤣

Edited by Ryy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

So we are apparently interested in Musa Al-Taamari from Montpellier who was signed from OH Leuven as a replacement for Mavididi who joined us 🤣

You spin me right round baby right round....

That's actually quite funny 

15 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

In the early part of the Ligue 1 season he was magnificent, to the point where I was quite baffled how we let this one slip by considering he was playing for Leuven. 

His form soon dropped off though. Throughout the rest of the Ligue 1 season, he had a few other good performances scattered amongst a lot of average ones. 

He’d give us some added pace to whack teams on the counter attack though. 

There would be nothing more Rudkin than having a player we could have got for free through creative accounting.... to then handing Montpellier 5-10m for him a year later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

In the early part of the Ligue 1 season he was magnificent, to the point where I was quite baffled how we let this one slip by considering he was playing for Leuven. 

His form soon dropped off though. Throughout the rest of the Ligue 1 season, he had a few other good performances scattered amongst a lot of average ones. 

He’d give us some added pace to whack teams on the counter attack though. 

Got called up for internationals with Jordan half way through season too tbf, I'm sure he scored in like the first 30 seconds against us in the ohl friendly 😅 good player though,

if we got him & sosa for rotation we'll be laughing but I got a feeling knowing us it's him or sosa

13 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Got called up for internationals with Jordan half way through season too tbf, I'm sure he scored in like the first 30 seconds against us in the ohl friendly 😅 good player though,

if we got him & sosa for rotation we'll be laughing but I got a feeling knowing us it's him or sosa

He did impress against us in that friendly against Leuven if I recall. 

But after watching him regularly for Montpellier, he is the type of player I’d take as a rotation option, but I wouldn’t be too bothered if he didn’t join. 

Ideally we need two wingers, Sosa is more a left sided player, while I’ve seen Al-Tamari play on both sides, but as Strider said, he is predominantly a right sided player 👍🏻

• Like 3

“Amir Richardson is being courted by several clubs this summer:

🇫🇷 RC Strasbourg Alsace
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Leicester City
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Everton
🇮🇹 Udinese

Stade de Reims asks for 10 M € for the Moroccan. 🤑

A price considered excessive by all its courtiers and which pushed the RCSA to withdraw.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Amir Richardson is being courted by several clubs this summer:

🇫🇷 RC Strasbourg Alsace
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Leicester City
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Everton
🇮🇹 Udinese

Stade de Reims asks for 10 M € for the Moroccan. 🤑

A price considered excessive by all its courtiers and which pushed the RCSA to withdraw.”

Yesss. Now we're talking. The Moroccan Junior Lewis!