Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unlikely a 30m fee would put him in the top 10 expensive goalkeeper of all time.

Whilst true we're now in a position where we don't need to sell for PSR reasons and we're also not in a position to be able to afford to lose our number 1 keeper.  He's also on a long contract.  I think £40mill+ would be quoted.  Massive fees are often quoted for keepers, just that nobody comes through. Oblak being a good example. He's had plenty of suitors but he's always priced out of a move.  With Chelsea you'd be quoting a figure that you'd hope they'd walk away from.

But being Chelsea...

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Whilst true we're now in a position where we don't need to sell for PSR reasons and we're also not in a position to be able to afford to lose our number 1 keeper.  He's also on a long contract.  I think £40mill+ would be quoted.  Massive fees are often quoted for keepers, just that nobody comes through. Oblak being a good example. He's had plenty of suitors but he's always priced out of a move.  With Chelsea you'd be quoting a figure that you'd hope they'd walk away from.

But being Chelsea...

thats true on the figures, i think given Mads is still young in GK terms too helps with the price, i suspect if one club bids for him, a few more maybe interested too

but atm i cant see us even thinking of letting/entertaining bids; unless it was a stupid one

24 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

That’s the market though, I can’t remember who it was but someone recently went for a fee that put them in this bracket.

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

But being Chelsea...

I just think it's highly unlikely a club spends that amount on a keeper with no real top flight pedigree.

A think it would be more likely in the next summer if he has a good season.

I also suspect we will be in a position where we may have to sale a asset next summer.

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I just think it's highly unlikely a club spends that amount on a keeper with no real top flight pedigree.

I agree. But I think that's what we'll ask and what it'll take.  If we even entertain the idea.

Edited by JimJams

If Enzo feels a keeper who is very comfortable in possession and is integral to his style of play then Chelsea will not shy away from spending £30m + which means I think Hermansen will be very much on the radar. He has had 12 months of playing his style and is a talented keeper, he is the ideal candidate and with age and development on his side even if he did cost £30-40m including add ons, it is highly likely to be a deal of good value to both clubs. Also highly likely his wages with us will be good but also would be relatively cheap in comparison to the high earners at Chelsea. 

if we bank £30-35m of pure profit that is massive for us under PSR. 

• Like 1

Cooper and the GK coach may well have a soft spot for Danny Ward. If Stolarczyk has a bad injury and Hermansen is sold then we face the very real possibility of Ward being our number one again. Absolutely astonishing.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cooper and the GK coach may well have a soft spot for Danny Ward. If Stolarczyk has a bad injury and Hermansen is sold then we face the very real possibility of Ward being our number one again. Absolutely astonishing.

What makes you think they have soft spot for him? 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

A think it would be more likely in the next summer if he has a good season.

I also suspect we will be in a position where we may have to sale a asset next summer.

We will, but the bit we have to weigh up is if we get a decent offer this summer and we turn it down, he has a bad season and we get relegated we won’t get offered that again. And then where is the next sale coming from? 

It’s a tough one as one good season in the Prem and he’s worth a fortune.

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can’t see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Based on what? 

Cooper being Welsh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hermansen and Fatawu are our two best assets imo. Would be gutted if either went at this point.

The distribution from Hermansen was a known plus but he also scored very highly on save % and goals conceded vs xG faced. He's a top top keeper.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think Stolarczyk is a very capable shot stopper and a very able number 2, but I personally think Hermansen is in a different league.

Ok. I don’t think there’s that much between them if Stolarczyk got more game time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is bad and you should feel bad. 

• Haha 1