Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

57 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if Ederson leaves Man City for 50/60mil(euros) we should be asking for around that ball park too for Hermansen imo

In what world are we comparing one of the best keepers in the world to our keeper who has had a decent first season in England in the championship. Some of our fans are seriously deluded. Sure if Mads has about 3;or 4 very good seasons in the top flight he will probably be considered a 50m keeper.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surely we could have put a clause in the deal with Chelsea for Maresca that they can't sign any of our players for atleast a year, or they could only sign one of KDH/Hermansen/their choice.

Maybe I'm not realistic but i'm sure i've heard of such deals in the past with other clubs/managers, it's certainly common practice when DOF/Scouts move.

For the record from what i've seen of Stolarczyk (Which isn't much), I like the lad, felt very comfortable with him in goal whenever he's played, anyone know why he wasn't involved yesterday? Has he even travelled to Evian?

I'd be keeping Stolarczyk over Iversen and it goes without saying, Ward.

Because we are in position were we are probably happy to sell and will need to sell.

45m for Mads would be a no brainer!

Absolutely no chance we get 45 - that’s just ridiculous- somebody is having a giggle at this one - he is decent enough but not even Chelsea pay that kind of money - if we got 30 and had stol as number 1 and iverson as number 2 it would make very little difference if any to our season 

Just now, jv1 said:

Absolutely no chance we get 45 - that’s just ridiculous- somebody is having a giggle at this one - he is decent enough but not even Chelsea pay that kind of money - if we got 30 and had stol as number 1 and iverson as number 2 it would make very little difference if any to our season 

Paid about £75m for Kepa didn't they?

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

You think Stolarcyk is ready for top flight football? Not sure on that. To be a number two sure, regular starter I'm not convinced. If we were to sell Mads we'd need to be straight in the market.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Chelsea are ridiculous to be honest.

Chelsea are ridiculous and I highly suspect they are going the way of man city but they will probably get a lighter sentence cuz even through they have took the absolute piss .. the have had no success under the American nut job 

They'd probably stretch to 50. We're always going to sell Mads and 50 is roughly peak for keepers, it's be 45 profit in a year and we could replace him with a like for like shot stopper for ~15 and then fund some more outfield purchases. 

I feel like we should tell Enzo to fvck right off. He's got all he's going to get out of us now.

He got his boost to his CV, which, beforehand contained just a short ill-fated stint in Serie B as the main man, he's taken his staff with him, and he's taken one of our homegrown players who fits his system.

Yeah, it's really helped with FFP but he's taking the p!ss now. £45m is a lot of money and one hell of a profit after one season, but I'd be telling him no, that's your lot for this year. We'll speak again in 12 months if you're still there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

I feel like we should tell Enzo to fvck right off. He's got all he's going to get out of us now.

He got his boost to his CV, which, beforehand contained just a short ill-fated stint in Serie B as the main man, he's taken his staff with him, and he's taken one of our homegrown players who fits his system.

Yeah, it's really helped with FFP but he's taking the p!ss now. £45m is a lot of money and one hell of a profit after one season, but I'd be telling him no, that's your lot for this year. We'll speak again in 12 months if you're still there.

Disagree, if he wants to be complicit in pumping Chelsea of as much as they can spend, then I am here for it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Disagree, if he wants to be complicit in pumping Chelsea of as much as they can spend, then I am here for it.

It's a fair point.

The money is always going to be attractive.

I just feel a bit annoyed by a) Chelsea taking our players and b) Enzo raiding us after only 12 months here.

From a pragmatic point of view, I do understand that if Stolarczyk is good enough or we can bring in a decent replacement then it would be a no-brainer to make such a profit on Hermansen after 12 months.

It's just that, for me, Hermansen was really emblematic of the shift in approach and in moving on from the GK being a problem position after Kasper left. He just settled things down and was magnificent last season. It would be a shame to lose him but if we did, hopefully our next #1 will have a similar effect.

Edited by ALC Fox

46 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

In what world are we comparing one of the best keepers in the world to our keeper who has had a decent first season in England in the championship. Some of our fans are seriously deluded. Sure if Mads has about 3;or 4 very good seasons in the top flight he will probably be considered a 50m keeper.

im purely going on footwork, how well he did for us last season age etc and potentially how good he could be, and anyway any deal could easily reach that mark, with add ons and sell on clauses, 

yeah some of our fans are deluded, they think danny ward was good, they thought Rodgers should have stayed, and thinking KDH was going to Brighton

I don't know why people get so precious about the idea of Enzo coming in for our players. We don't have to sell so we can make a killing if we decide to now we're ok for PSR.  Mads is one of a few players we've brought in with a high ceiling that we all expected to be sold down the line for a massive fee. If they offer £45mill we're already getting that before he's proven at Prem level. At worst we can play Stol in his place. At best we can make a few key signings, probably replace Mads effectively and we look at this as great business.

We're either going to be keeping a good keeper or making a small fortune which can be used to improve the side overall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

You know how valuable keepers like Mads are to possession based teams and how few of them there are with his quality? 

I don’t think we should sell this summer, btw unless it’s a ridiculous offer.