Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

He can't hit a barndoor, and when he finally got one goal for Man Utd, he celebrated like he was as surprised as everyone else. Like a competition winner.

Would rather still see what Cannon has if it meant he was to go on loan. Surely there are other big men about?

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was brilliant at Wolfsburg a few years ago before Burnley bought him, haven’t really paid attention to him since lol

5sQ1HFU.png

Hardly prolific, but he does tend to improve the teams he plays for. Mavididi and Fatawu would likely benefit with more goals themselves with Weghorst in the team.

Let's not kid ourselves, Fotis Ioaniddis he is not, but as a player who can make an impact this season, he has value.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was brilliant at Wolfsburg a few years ago before Burnley bought him, haven’t really paid attention to him since lol

I'll let you in on a secret.

He's been shit.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think it's a bit of a misnomer about him that he's an old fashioned target man. Yes he his physically strong, but he's a fantastic presser of the ball, that's his real strength. I went to the Carabao Cup final two seasons ago which Man United won, and when he played, and he was a pressing machine. I posted his stats above, he's actually a great link man with his feet, not just in the air. The fact that Ten Hag used him a lot I think is a good testamanet to his work ethic and what he offers.

For Holland when they brought him on, it was when they embraced chaos and were happy to be vulnerable on the break so they could chase the game. But they started with Memphis Depay as their Plan A.

Other than one window in time where he lit it up at Wolfsburg in a much different league, he scores about one goal every nine months. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's 31 so personally I wouldn't be too keen on him being for a long time.

But he's a decent player. He presses hard from the front, can hold up / link the play and is a physical threat. His finishing isn't the best and I'm not sure he's a starter, but in the modern game with 5 subs, someone like him 100% has value. If you are in a relegation dogfight, he's got a lot of characteristics that are to be admired.

He got 7 goals and 3 assists from 28 games (4 sub appearances) last season. Needless to say he ranks very highly in duels won, but his "team play" statistics are very good:

ZibomWf.png

I agree with that. If you can have him and Vardy splitting games next season so they are not run into the ground for 90 minutes,  it gives a couple of good options up top.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Other than one window in time where he lit it up at Wolfsburg in a much different league, he scores about one goal every nine months. 

Yep he had that problem at Man United too! But the thing is that often times the team scores more goals because of him. The Dutch Okazaki?

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

Wait til they all realise he's actually shit in the air. Back to the days when McCarthy would smash it 50 yards up to Dublin and de Vries 

3 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I think some might mistake judging a player only by his goals , as a previous poster said I think weghorst offers more than just goals 

When it comes to strikers, you mainly judge them on goals. Can't think of any integral strikers who were important to their side that didn't score goals.  Aside from Dugarry of France. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep he had that problem at Man United too! But the thing is that often times the team scores more goals because of him. The Dutch Okazaki?

Show me a montage of him scoring goals that have bounced accidentally off his face or him winning a free kick without anyone within eight feet of him and I'm sold. Otherwise that's a massive reach. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Dutch Okazaki is brilliant. Isn't prolific or technically easy on the eye but he's going to graft and offer you something (might even be a Plan B that so many on here bemoaned we didn't have last season..?)

If it's a loan deal I don't see an issue, I'd be very reluctant to pay a fee + hefty wages though. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

When it comes to strikers, you mainly judge them on goals. Can't think of any integral strikers who were important to their side that didn't score goals.  Aside from Dugarry of France. 

Morata is another one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Show me a montage of him scoring goals that have bounced accidentally off his face or him winning a free kick without anyone within eight feet of him and I'm sold. Otherwise that's a massive reach. 

First goal is exactly what I'm talking about!

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

Haha alot of this forum will get exactly what they thought we should have been doing last season with a "Plan B" when we start shelling it to Big Wout on 75mins every single week. 

If he signs I can still guarantee we don't score one header from a corner or wide free kick all b*****d season even with him in the mix. 

• Haha 1

There's more than one way to play football, not every tactic has to be so painfully technically outstanding that they can't score without passing the ball between themselves 20+ times before shooting! 

With the current trend of playing 4 traditional central defenders, it's not such a crazy idea to get it down the wings and cross it into a big man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Haha alot of this forum will get exactly what they thought we should have been doing last season with a "Plan B" when we start shelling it to Big Wout on 75mins every single week. 

If he signs I can still guarantee we don't score one header from a corner or wide free kick all b*****d season even with him in the mix. 

I’m so bricked up for this if this comes off. Cooper’s shit p.e tactics with a 7ft monster up top. It’s so bad it’s actually good