Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Haha alot of this forum will get exactly what they thought we should have been doing last season with a "Plan B" when we start shelling it to Big Wout on 75mins every single week. 

If he signs I can still guarantee we don't score one header from a corner or wide free kick all b*****d season even with him in the mix. 

Honestly my favourite #justleicesterthings of the last two decades is buying prolific headed goal scorer Islam Slimani and then spending half the season subbing him on to try and win games at the exact same time as we took off Marc Albrighton, whose only elite level attribute was his crossing. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, em9999 said:

To be fair through there is a debate raging about a player that nobody even knows for sure is even joining .. 

It could be a pointless discussion 

To be fair, there is an entire thread on this forum about girls from television posters like touching themselves to yet THIS is what you take issue with? 

Yes, it may be pointless but if you start pulling at that thread, there isn't going to be much left. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Will never understand Leicester fans and the obsession for a big bastard up front. Weghorst isn’t terrible but some people are going on like he’s gonna score 20 goals for the club 😂

This, all the proper fans know he bags at least 30.

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Will never understand Leicester fans and the obsession for a big bastard up front. Weghorst isn’t terrible but some people are going on like he’s gonna score 20 goals for the club 😂

Don't try to understand them, its for the best lol

Daka and Kel looked set for 20 goals each last season as well! 

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Ticket prices going up £15 a game then signing Bobby Reid and Wout Weghorst 💀

Bit like when we got promoted last time we signed Albrighton and Ulloa.

Turned out OK in the end. 

Team game. It’s about what Cooper can get out of them as a unit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JimJams said:

When it comes to strikers, you mainly judge them on goals. Can't think of any integral strikers who were important to their side that didn't score goals.  Aside from Dugarry of France. 

Emile Heskey?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alanyoung said:

Emile Heskey?

Heskey got 11-12 a season for us. Not prolific but infinitely more than Weghorst will bag. This type of signing makes me wanna vomit.

geezer was a laughing stock. Probably still is. This pre season is irritating me already, we’ve got 4 weeks to go. Let’s sign some players that improve the starting XI now.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

After classing Cooper as the Ponty Pep yesterday, you may need to revert that to the Ponty Pulis :thumbup:

Think it would be a brilliant signing. People going on about caveman football need to realise we need different ways to win. Not a chance Cooper will want to play kick and rush when he's clearly been told the vision by Top. 

I think, unlike Maresca, he realises that you can't just play one specific way giving everyone a set of instructions how to play. 

So much negativity on here

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

Ey.. that's the year I was born. What a you trying to say? :giggle:

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

5sQ1HFU.png

Hardly prolific, but he does tend to improve the teams he plays for. Mavididi and Fatawu would likely benefit with more goals themselves with Weghorst in the team.

Let's not kid ourselves, Fotis Ioaniddis he is not, but as a player who can make an impact this season, he has value.

To put it in context, I'd much rather have Weghorst over Maupay or Brathwaite. 

He'd also be our first Dutchman.......... oh wait, Sergio Hellings!

15 minutes ago, JimJams said:

100 club Heskey?

He may have amassed over 100 goals but he was never a prolific goalscorer though. These were Emile's PL goal returns by season;

10, 10, 6, 10, 14, 9, 6, 7, 10, 4, 8, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1

Similarly Weghorst has well over 100 career goals without being prolific. I think it's a valid comparison.

45 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Bit like when we got promoted last time we signed Albrighton and Ulloa.

Turned out OK in the end. 

Team game. It’s about what Cooper can get out of them as a unit. 

They were both mid 20s. These two are 31 and coming towards the end of their careers..

Edited by South Shire Fox