Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He may have amassed over 100 goals but he was never a prolific goalscorer though. These were Emile's PL goal returns by season;

10, 10, 6, 10, 14, 9, 6, 7, 10, 4, 8, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1

Similarly Weghorst has well over 100 career goals without being prolific. I think it's a valid comparison.

In terms of Prem goals, Wout has 2 in 37 games. And when it comes to Heskey was he an integral part of all those sides tailing off the end seasons? He was shit at Villa, he wasn't particularly good for Wigan or Birmingham was he? He did ok at Liverpool because he was the foil for Owen.  Maybe he's a good example of career trajectory if we're comparing to Wout. He was an important players for Wolfsburg and been shit ever since.  He's also a frontman, Heskey and Okazaki were both second strikers really (Shinji was pretty much a cam in a lot of games).

Anyway, going a bit off topic here, but I think I'd rather have a frontman who, if he has played Premier League football as a frontman for teams at both ends of the scale, has done more than a player who is on par with "Wout Faes OG".

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

I don't even think it's necessarily "caveman football" although he offers that option. 

I would argue that Weghorst in our side last year would have been more effective than any of our current options. None of Vardy/Daka/Cannon suited how Enzo wanted us to play. The coming deep and bringing other players into the game, as well as the increased number of crosses we put into the box. Jaimie done well but it didn't suit him. It WOULD have suited Wout though so for me it shows that you don't have to resort to hit and hope tactics with a player like him. He might not have scored a ton but I think others around him would have gotten more.  

can not believe people are turning their noses up at Weghorst, he is top top quality, during his time in the Bundesliga only one player out scored him that was Lewandowski.

Give him the right service and he will score for fun and run through walls for the team.

Odd one this.

Doesn't score goals which for a striker isn't great, however he's a real handful and if he was in the opposing team, I wouldn't be sitting comfortably.

With Nacho gone, Vards another year older and Daka being, well Daka, it only leaves Cannon so we could do with some reinforcement in that area.  

Wouldn't be against this at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He may have amassed over 100 goals but he was never a prolific goalscorer though. These were Emile's PL goal returns by season;

10, 10, 6, 10, 14, 9, 6, 7, 10, 4, 8, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1

Similarly Weghorst has well over 100 career goals without being prolific. I think it's a valid comparison.

One did it the PL, there other did it in the Bundesliga and Eredivisie, like comparing chalk and cheese.

I’d be a big fan of this Weghorst deal to be honest, a proper pragmatic plan B. Scores important goals. Can see Mav and Abdul whipping balls into him. Would be cheap too with his contract almost up, loan also fine, he’s a bit younger than I thought. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Problem is that neither Mav or Fatawu are particularly good crosses, that's not their strength. 

I would despair at this signing, loan or buying outright, as it just shows how far backwards we would have gone. Plan B - whatever that means - shouldn't mean lumping it forwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Think it would be a brilliant signing. People going on about caveman football need to realise we need different ways to win. Not a chance Cooper will want to play kick and rush when he's clearly been told the vision by Top. 

I think, unlike Maresca, he realises that you can't just play one specific way giving everyone a set of instructions how to play. 

So much negativity on here

Ah, you rememeber this forum during January 24 I see. When all we did was he negative about a manager that won the league. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Weghorst works hard and it’s for that he should be a sensible signing, not the fact he is tall.

Every player should be working hard though... Absolute baseline. 

Just now, sbfox said:

Every player should be working hard though... Absolute baseline. 

I am shocked those are your expectations after the relegation season. lol

It certainly does not hurt to reiterate this as a requirement.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am shocked those are your expectations after the relegation season. lol

It certainly does not hurt to reiterate this as a requirement.

Yeah, but last year Enzo did a great job at motivating. I don't expect Cooper to be any different. 

Edited by sbfox
  • Like 1