Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Problem is that neither Mav or Fatawu are particularly good crosses, that's not their strength. 

I would despair at this signing, loan or buying outright, as it just shows how far backwards we would have gone. Plan B - whatever that means - shouldn't mean lumping it forwards. 

In fairness, maybe the crossing will improve if they have something to aim at?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Playing for free kicks and corners all season eh, exciting?

I hate to break this to you, but in the coming season we may occasionally need to shithouse draws and wins. Having a player in the squad whose skillset helps us to do that will not be a bad thing. And if that player is also very good at holding the ball up and making space for more skillful teammates, then he might just be very useful for us.

• Like 4

In a perverse sort of way I would quite like to see it because he's very funny to watch, but at some point this season we are actually going to need to score some goals and signing a striker who in his two Premier League spells averaged one every 1100 minutes would not fill me with confidence

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Problem is that neither Mav or Fatawu are particularly good crosses, that's not their strength. 

I would despair at this signing, loan or buying outright, as it just shows how far backwards we would have gone. Plan B - whatever that means - shouldn't mean lumping it forwards. 

Fatawu is an excellent crosser, IMO. He left plenty of crosses on a platter that should have been converted. 

• Like 1

Weghorst is essentially a giant Okazaki in that his greatest strength is his work rate and pressing. I wouldn't especially trust him in front of goal nor would he be particularly exciting to watch, but we could do much worse than him as an option

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tammy Abraham is the one you want if we’re going to lump it occasionally. A mobile big man. Not Wout the oaf

Think that is fishing in a rather different pond though

29 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Fatawu is superb at crossing and general creativity, his one weakness is finishing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Fatawu is superb at crossing and general creativity, his one weakness is finishing.

I hope someone has some stats, because I feel like we're all fishing in the dark, but I don't recall him being that good a crosser? Lots of overhit balls? Agree about his creativity though. 

Wout a rumour this is. 

which Wout will be good Wout? 

Weg puts himself aWout 

I like it. Pleeeeeeee——aaaaaannnnnn BEEEEEEEEARGHFHFJFJ # GERRITFORWARD

Might score from some corners too

The new Ulloa 

7 minutes ago, sbfox said:

I hope someone has some stats, because I feel like we're all fishing in the dark, but I don't recall him being that good a crosser? Lots of overhit balls? Agree about his creativity though. 

FBREF does 

https://fbref.com/en/players/bceda5ff/scout/365_m2/Abdul-Fatawu-Issahaku-Scouting-Report

IMG_5861-compressed.jpeg

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sbfox said:

According to Wyscout, Fatawu averaged 46.36% for accurate crosses in the Championship last season. 

Of right wingers, only Yaser Asprilla of Watford averaged better. 

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I don't even think it's necessarily "caveman football" although he offers that option. 

I would argue that Weghorst in our side last year would have been more effective than any of our current options. None of Vardy/Daka/Cannon suited how Enzo wanted us to play. The coming deep and bringing other players into the game, as well as the increased number of crosses we put into the box. Jaimie done well but it didn't suit him. It WOULD have suited Wout though so for me it shows that you don't have to resort to hit and hope tactics with a player like him. He might not have scored a ton but I think others around him would have gotten more.  

I'm sorry but that's tosh. It suited Daka perfectly, far more than it would have Werghost. 

When Daka came in to the team everything really clicked for a whole. He has the pace to both drop in but then also turn and punish the defenders for following and stretch the game vertically. It's exactly why it didn't work for Iheanacho and exactly why it would have been rubbish with Werghost. We wanted someone with the mobility to move the defence around and do both. 

You can throw whatever accusations you like at Daka, his finishing was wayward last season and I've said that multiple times. But his contributions to link up play were actually really good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but that's tosh. It suited Daka perfectly, far more than it would have Werghost. 

When Daka came in to the team everything really clicked for a whole. He has the pace to both drop in but then also turn and punish the defenders for following and stretch the game vertically. It's exactly why it didn't work for Iheanacho and exactly why it would have been rubbish with Werghost. We wanted someone with the mobility to move the defence around and do both. 

You can throw whatever accusations you like at Daka, his finishing was wayward last season and I've said that multiple times. But his contributions to link up play were actually really good. 

Danny Ward will be hoofin balls to Weggie and we'll all be cheering

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

According to Wyscout, Fatawu averaged 46.36% for accurate crosses in the Championship last season. 

Of right wingers, only Yaser Asprilla of Watford averaged better. 

I’d like asprilla 

• Like 2