Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

9 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Not sure if he will get 15-20 goals a season but can't deny that he is horrible player to play against. Gets under people's skin and is also a big physical and aerial presence 

So is a giraffe with diarrhea. 

What's your point?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Thanks! But at less than one cross per game (and at a completion rate of 46% of those crosses per game, as per the post below), I'm not sure how many goals we're going to scoring, Wout or otherwise, from less than half a cross per game.

What is it about Weghorst I don’t see that has stopped FT from going nuts about paying a potential £5-6m fee for a 32yr old (2 weeks tomorrow) who will probably want a 3yr contract playing no more than 10 games worth as a back up option in that entire period, what’s happened to you guys?

26 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Thanks! But at less than one cross per game (and at a completion rate of 46% of those crosses per game, as per the post below), I'm not sure how many goals we're going to scoring, Wout or otherwise, from less than half a cross per game.

I think Fatawu can deliver a good ball as can Mavididi.

The problem last year was that there was no aerial threat in the box so every good cross looked poor. Also we didn't put in many lofted crosses as this clearly wasn't part of Enzo's game plan

• Like 2

The thing is, when players leave the club, you think about the skillsets that will be gone that no one in the squad can currently replicate and try to fill that gap again in the transfer window.

Now I know Iheanacho’s time at the club eventually fizzled out into nothing, but he was very good at times with holding the ball up and playing other attackers into space - and during THAT half season, was a great asset when a second striker was on the pitch.

On the face of it, Kelechi and Wout don’t appear to be similar players but when you break them down and compare the two’s games, it becomes apparent why we’re looking at this guy.

I’m all on board with this. Also added to the fact that we’re on the verge of signing a third winger this window - so it’s apparent what the game plan is going to be, or at least majorly.

3 hours ago, sbfox said:

Of his 13 assists last season, there was a good few from crosses were there not? Also remember some absolute sitters missed by certain players too.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Of his 13 assists last season, there was a good few from crosses were there not? Also remember some absolute sitters missed by certain players too.

I think there was quite a few times where his cross was to the back post and then headed back across goal by Mav which would lead to a goal / chance

• Like 3

Signing Weghorst doesn't mean you've started playing caveman football. If it does that's a coaching fault. He'd be a genuinely different option. He can press, link play, he's not prolific (well his goal record in England is pretty dire in truth) but he'd have uses. A Dutch international. People are acting like we'd be signing Akinfenwa. I'd be fine with him on loan for a year.

• Like 1

Wout Weghorst makes sense if we are led to believe Steve Cooper is this pragmatic coach that uses a variety of tactics and formations.

Weghorst could offer us something different with his height and physicality than those run-in-behind strikers we currently have.

Edited by Iran
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but that's tosh. It suited Daka perfectly, far more than it would have Werghost. 

When Daka came in to the team everything really clicked for a whole. He has the pace to both drop in but then also turn and punish the defenders for following and stretch the game vertically. It's exactly why it didn't work for Iheanacho and exactly why it would have been rubbish with Werghost. We wanted someone with the mobility to move the defence around and do both. 

You can throw whatever accusations you like at Daka, his finishing was wayward last season and I've said that multiple times. But his contributions to link up play were actually really good. 

He’s the inverse Yakubu!