Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Nightmare manager for chillwell. Not sure how he would fit in with what Marescas going to want. 

Gusto and cucurella might be sweating a bit as well. you’d imagine james will ply the ricardo role so the others will have to get used to tucking inside 

Cucurella did something similar as left cb at euros didn’t he? Enzo name checked him in a press conference and didn’t mention chilwell at all. Apparently chilwell on 200k a week and got 3 years left! 

6 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Entitled to your opinion mate but couldn't agree less. Don’t understand the relevance of him being a ‘local lad’: he’s still s**t. And sorry mate but it’s laughable to say he ‘always gave his all’, have you seen him play for us, Sheffield United (who’s fans say he’s s**t) or Boro (fans have same opinion)?

His attitude stinks (and I do know this personally) and he must look in the mirror as to lack of improvement over last 4 years. 

Makes me feel nauseous that he and Danny Ward could play PL football again for us after their disgusting displays of 22-23 season…. 

Why should I be concerned about what Boro and Sheffield United fans think? I'm aware he's struggled with his form, but I've attended the games and seen him play firsthand, so I can form my own conclusions. It's simply not his fault that we were relegated; we were in freefall for a variety of reasons. It seems like you're holding onto a lot of anger. Maybe it's time to let it go.

13 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Entitled to your opinion mate but couldn't agree less. Don’t understand the relevance of him being a ‘local lad’: he’s still s**t. And sorry mate but it’s laughable to say he ‘always gave his all’, have you seen him play for us, Sheffield United (who’s fans say he’s s**t) or Boro (fans have same opinion)?

His attitude stinks (and I do know this personally) and he must look in the mirror as to lack of improvement over last 4 years. 

Makes me feel nauseous that he and Danny Ward could play PL football again for us after their disgusting displays of 22-23 season…. 

He’s not s**t really though is he?

You, or I, would be s**t playing at this level. He’s crafting a career as a professional football which less than 1% of our population make it. Not only this, he’s played at a level which is the top level of elite sport in this country. He’s even represented his country.

He may not be Philipp Lahm, Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole, but he’s not s**t.

I think a bit of perspective is needed here. 👍🏻

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Again - all a joke man. Thanks for wasting your own time replying though!

Jesus, calm down mate! Think you’re going a bit overboard

12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Why should I be concerned about what Boro and Sheffield United fans think? I'm aware he's struggled with his form, but I've attended the games and seen him play firsthand, so I can form my own conclusions. It's simply not his fault that we were relegated; we were in freefall for a variety of reasons. It seems like you're holding onto a lot of anger. Maybe it's time to let it go.

Thought you may wish to take other teams fans viewpoints into consideration; alas, not the case. Surely the more people seeing the same thing, the more likely something is to be the case? 

Thanks for your concerns mate, I’ll let it go when he leaves the club. 

My own take on Luke Thomas is that his loan to Sheff U was a huge mistake. He was always going to be under pressure as a defender in a team that were barely fit to be in the Premier League. It's likely he regressed there and lost confidence. He then goes to Boro low on confidence and appears to have under performed as well. However, let's remember, here's a player that kept Mo Salah out of the game. I feel there is a player in there, but someone needs to get this into his head, as I fear psychologically his mind is not in the right place at the moment. Perhaps a fresh start at a lower level may be the answer.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

You, or I, would be s**t playing at this level. He’s crafting a career as a professional football which less than 1% of our population make it. Not only this, he’s played at a level which is the top level of elite sport in this country. He’s even represented his country.

Agree with the perspective part. In terms of ability as a premier league footballer, he is s**t.

Some really harsh criticism of him, which is uncalled for.

he was put in the team before he was ready due to injuries, he really needed a loan spell at that point in his career.

Do I think he is a Premier League quality player, not currently.

However he has plenty of time to improve still. He needs to drop down a level or two and get regular football.

Social Media turns a player from ok to shite from one post.

The sheep all follow and it spreads like wildfire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rare to see sell on clauses on 50m+ fees 

infact I don’t recall ever seeing one …

And it would only be on profit, which they will not be getting over £50m for.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Cucurella did something similar as left cb at euros didn’t he? Enzo name checked him in a press conference and didn’t mention chilwell at all. Apparently chilwell on 200k a week and got 3 years left! 

Maybe we could get Chilwell back on loan?:ph34r:lol

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Nightmare manager for chillwell. Not sure how he would fit in with what Marescas going to want. 

Gusto and cucurella might be sweating a bit as well. you’d imagine james will ply the ricardo role so the others will have to get used to tucking inside 

Coincidentally, I recon that’s something Ben is well versed in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

With that opinion we can't call any player shit ever again. Danny Ward isn't shit because he has played at the "top level of elite sport in this country" and has also "represented his country". 

5 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

My own take on Luke Thomas is that his loan to Sheff U was a huge mistake. He was always going to be under pressure as a defender in a team that were barely fit to be in the Premier League. It's likely he regressed there and lost confidence. He then goes to Boro low on confidence and appears to have under performed as well. However, let's remember, here's a player that kept Mo Salah out of the game. I feel there is a player in there, but someone needs to get this into his head, as I fear psychologically his mind is not in the right place at the moment. Perhaps a fresh start at a lower level may be the answer.

Sorry but you don't judge a player on one game. Players are judged over a consistent run of games. Just because we beat Liverpool 1-0 once and Salah was quiet (other than him missing a penalty and us scoring I can't remember much more from that game it was so long ago). 

Thomas hasn't improved himself. With Chilwell, he was getting criticism but went away in the summer and worked on himself which worked and he became a better player.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but you don't judge a player on one game.

I'm not judging him on one game - all I was suggesting that he can defend well and I agree that this needs to be consistently. However, I did suggest, that a fresh start at a lower level may be the answer. The potential he showed hasn't materialised and I would suggest he has regressed over the last couple of years.

Luke Thomas someone I’ve had a large amount of interactions with is a good Footballer, If he plays for the rest of his career at championship level he will of made a good wedge of money and will be able to look back on his career as a successful one I’m sure. 

If he gets sent out on loan and couldn’t give a shït about whether that team wins or gets battered 5-0 every week then it’s probably not going to be very successful. 

I will tell you he has no intentions on leaving the midlands though and he named two teams he would like to go to if he is to leave the club again, within a 45 minute drive from his base. 

He is a genuine decent young lad living the dream of many, If he lived the perfect live style maybe he would of been better than chilwell But who knows. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxSince88 said:

Luke Thomas someone I’ve had a large amount of interactions with is a good Footballer, If he plays for the rest of his career at championship level he will of made a good wedge of money and will be able to look back on his career as a successful one I’m sure. 

If he gets sent out on loan and couldn’t give a shït about whether that team wins or gets battered 5-0 every week then it’s probably not going to be very successful. 

I will tell you he has no intentions on leaving the midlands though and he named two teams he would like to go to if he is to leave the club again, within a 45 minute drive from his base. 

He is a genuine decent young lad living the dream of many, If he lived the perfect live style maybe he would have been better than chilwell But who knows. 

Your last sentence sums it up, he doesn’t live his life correctly and therefore won’t improve. 

12 minutes ago, FoxSince88 said:

He is a genuine decent young lad living the dream of many, If he lived the perfect live style maybe he would of been better than chilwell But who knows. 

Yeah, he's an average championship/ league 1 player. Whilst he has a decent football brain, he hasn't got the physical attributes to cut it in the prem. He's not athletic or quick enough unfortunately.

• Like 1

Got to remember that he was thrown in at the deep end due to an injury crisis when he was just not really ready. He came in had a few good performances and we decided to back him in the 1st team to replace chilwell.

Before chilwells injury (real or not). Thomas hadn't played a senior game anywhere. He went from not ready for substitute appearances and not ready for a loan; to being the only fit Left Back in the team.

If he had been out on loan in a low pressure environment he might have had a better chance to develop on the promise he showed.

Not everyone can just drop into a team fighting for the Champions League places and just thrive. I feel like our policy of holding on to youth players without letting them gain experience and consistency in lower league football.