Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

Entitled to your opinion mate but couldn't agree less. Don’t understand the relevance of him being a ‘local lad’: he’s still s**t. And sorry mate but it’s laughable to say he ‘always gave his all’, have you seen him play for us, Sheffield United (who’s fans say he’s s**t) or Boro (fans have same opinion)?

His attitude stinks (and I do know this personally) and he must look in the mirror as to lack of improvement over last 4 years. 

Makes me feel nauseous that he and Danny Ward could play PL football again for us after their disgusting displays of 22-23 season…. 

Agree completely. The difference with Barnes and KDH in the championship on loan was you could see the improvement when they came back. Thomas could spend another 5 years+ in the championship and still imo wouldn’t look any better. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When Thomas first came in he had a very good delivery on him, as well as being proficient on the ball. Both things deteriorated the longer he established himself with us. I don't buy he needed a loan move first or shortly after breaking through with us, he was playing a very good amount of football in the PL and I don't see how that's hampered him.

Let’s not forget that when we sold chilwell, it was thought in the academy that Thomas would be a more than capable replacement.  Chilwell had a tough year when he first came into the mix but he really went for it in the summer and made himself an absolute animal re his fitness. That helps hide a lot of issues.  Thomas never kicked on.  My view is that fitness is something that all players can improve and the desire comes from within. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's a worse player than he was when he broke through four years ago. Get rid.

Hate we’re talking about the same hangers on year after year. If we can exit this transfer window with a squad of players on low wages and at least a price tag that someone’s willing to pay down the line, then it has been a success 

A lot of Marseille accounts reporting they’re in for Soumaré. Would put it in the Soumaré transfer thread but it has been locked… (note amazing photoshop job 😅)

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

A lot of Marseille accounts reporting they’re in for Soumaré. Would put it in the Soumaré transfer thread but it has been locked… (note amazing photoshop job 😅)

Not sure if the link is real or not, but it does make you wonder why he finds it easy so get loans to some prestigious clubs. What is he showing them, that we seem not to be able to squeeze out of him? or is it just the pace of the Prem?

21 followers, ignore!

22 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not sure if the link is real or not, but it does make you wonder why he finds it easy so get loans to some prestigious clubs. What is he showing them, that we seem not to be able to squeeze out of him? or is it just the pace of the Prem?

• Like 1

I'm in the minority who likes Soumaré, but he doesn't do enough to warrant being one of the highest wage earners. If we can get rid of his wages and bring in £11.8 million - then I'm all for this. Our midfield options are very defensive currently, if we can make room for Sara/Hamer/O'Riley to add an attacking impetus and a different option

He's got a book value of about 6.8m. 

14m euros is about 11.8m gbp. 

That gives us 5m profit in this year's balance (as well as 3.4m off next year's) 

Should easily be enough to sign another ~20m player this window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

I can see the logic on this one.

Replacing a nothing midfielder in Jordan Veretout with a nothing midfielder in Boubakary Soumare. 

Excellent scouting work 👏🏻

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

21 followers, ignore!

The original source has 70-80k and caters exclusively to Marseille fans, I tried to edit my post but can’t remove that twitter link for some reason. The one in my original post is just a copycat account it seems. But here is the original source from what I can tell:

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

The original source has 70-80k and caters exclusively to Marseille fans, I tried to edit my post but can’t remove that twitter link for some reason. The one in my original post is just a copycat account it seems. But here is the original source from what I can tell:

Ah ok, fair enough then mate! Hopefully not another dodgy loan that never materialises into a buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

I can see the logic on this one.

Replacing a nothing midfielder in Jordan Veretout with a nothing midfielder in Boubakary Soumare. 

Excellent scouting work 👏🏻

They appointed Roberto De Zerbi and have signed some interesting players like Hojberg and Greenwood (yuck). Will be interesting to see how he does there, PSG are dominant but after that anyone can surge up the league. It might also be like Italy where players that are OK here end up being amazing over there, see Pulisic, Tomori, Abraham, etc.