Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

26 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

I'm convinced most of this "credited with an interest/rumoured to be interested/keeping an eye on" etc, is based on the journalist/twitter 14 year old just doing a Google search on the players name.

It's just a way to link players to clubs for clicks. It's the same reason when we're linked to a player there's also the same usual suspects linked to them. It's not because they're genuinely linked it's because they want as much interaction/exposure as possible. In terms of fanbases and exposure once you get outside the big players who will generate enough on their own, the likes of us aren't worth reporting on or making stories about unless they can rope in fans of a few other clubs as well.

6 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Ffs 😂 didn’t cooper have him at Swansea ?

I actually think Ayew is really underrated. If a couple of signings like this mean we can afford a decent striker and midfielder I’m all for it 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

So Alan Nixon is now reliable? Make up your minds. 

He gets some stuff right about us. The sad thing is, this rumour could well be believable. That's the sorry state of the direction of this club under Cooper.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He gets some stuff right about us. The sad thing is, this rumour could well be believable. That's the sorry state of the direction of this club under Cooper.

This. When’s the next BSLB’s podcast Ric. Need some therapy 😂

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't blame Cooper really. Do you actually think that he looks at all the players available in the world and chooses the likes of okali and ayew? 

It's where we're at as a club right now. We put the feelers out to see who might be available and want to come here and keep going down that list until we find realistic prospects to bid on. 

Depressing if we're at ayew already though...

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can't blame Cooper really. Do you actually think that he looks at all the players available in the world and chooses the likes of okali and ayew? 

It's where we're at as a club right now. We put the feelers out to see who might be available and want to come here and keep going down that list until we find realistic prospects to bid on. 

Depressing if we're at ayew already though...

The press have already reported that Cooper wants PL experience, so yes I do think it is down to him. We'll have scouted an array of players but the manager will play a massive part in the targets that are narrowed down.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hi pal you seem to have the inside track on some bits and pieces in relation to the club and from a lot of your recent posts I detect a real concern and negativity regards Cooper,, is this drawn out from just opinion or is it stuff that you are hearing from decent sources as to his methods and strategy etc. 

Thing is, there's value in the transfer market. Spending £10m+ on Okoli, when his own fans were celebrating how much they were getting for him either proves they're totally clueless or (as is the Leicester way) we've paid over the odds for a player when there's been seemingly no competition for his signing. Meanwhile, Ronnie Edwards goes for £3.5m. Forest under Cooper picked up some decent players for good prices, such as Hudson-Odoi for around £3m, whereas there's always the feeling we're seen as an easy touch for an inflated fee. Then you have the other side of it where we overprice our players to the extent we just can't shift anyone. Last season we bought well, admittedly, But this season is a huge concern. I'd rather we spent £10m on 3-4 young, promising EFL players who have fire in their belly to succeed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Hi pal you seem to have the inside track on some bits and pieces in relation to the club and from a lot of your recent posts I detect a real concern and negativity regards Cooper,, is this drawn out from just opinion or is it stuff that you are hearing from decent sources as to his methods and strategy etc. 

I'm by no means well informed but I know people that possibly are. My views are driven from what we have been told by the press and reading in to things which could be incorrect.

It is alarming though that the way we went about things last summer has shifted once again - although it's by no means the end of the transfer window or the end of pre-season so things may change.

• Like 1

It does feel a bit chaotic, you would kind of hope that during the recruitment process you would agree with the new incoming manager that the strategy and recruitment would largely align with the general direction of travel of the club so that the summer plans were largely seamless and unhindered. 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Jordan Ayew according to Alan Nixon 

This is a joke? Right?  Are we turning into Sheffield United?  Please Coops- do not consider this under any circumstances. This is not going to help you endear yourself to FT.  There are 100’s of better options out there that people on here could recommend!!!!