Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Couple of weeks ago it looked like the clouds were parting with Soulé and O'Riley. 

Now it's Ayew and Doak lol

Back to reality. 

I don't mind the Doak link so much cos I want Fatawu starting for us down the right. Doak wouldn't get in the way of that. But surely, SURELY there's no real truth in any Ayew link.

8 minutes ago, teblin said:

I personally think we won’t know much about signings until they happen and they’ll be a bit out of the blue.

Hit the nail on the head mate.  That’s how I like us operating.  From nowhere, without prior links,  a player will have agreed terms etc with us, thread is hot and bang done all in about a day or so of going to print on here.

Unless it’s John Percy or David Ornstein - forget it!

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Hit the nail on the head mate.  That’s how I like us operating.  From nowhere, without prior links,  a player will have agreed terms etc with us, thread is hot and bang done all in about a day or so of going to print on here.

Unless it’s John Percy or David Ornstein - forget it!

What about Fabrizio?

Apparently according to Nixon we are also interested in Sam Johnstone at Palace?

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/aston-villa/wolves-in-market-to-sign-former-aston-villa-and-west-brom-player-4719547

Wolves are in the ‘market’ for a new goalkeeper and are interested in Sam Johnstone at Crystal Palace along with top flight rivals Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Bournemouth, according to reporter Alan Nixon on his Patreon page. The stopper has been on the books at Selhurst Park since moving to London in 2022.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently according to Nixon we are also interested in Sam Johnstone at Palace?

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/aston-villa/wolves-in-market-to-sign-former-aston-villa-and-west-brom-player-4719547

Wolves are in the ‘market’ for a new goalkeeper and are interested in Sam Johnstone at Crystal Palace along with top flight rivals Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Bournemouth, according to reporter Alan Nixon on his Patreon page. The stopper has been on the books at Selhurst Park since moving to London in 2022.

I think Nixon just tries to drive traffic to his Patreon by naming extra clubs

• Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I think Nixon just tries to drive traffic to his Patreon by naming extra clubs

Even though it is Nixon it would make sense we are interested in another goalkeeper though if we are trying to get rid of both Iversen and Ward

Like Weghorst, I don't really mind Ayew and despite his pretty crap goalscoring record he probably doesn't entirely deserve the reputation he's got. Can play a few positions, works hard, outstanding injury record. But also like Weghorst, not at all who I'd want to see added to a squad light on goals and creativity. Can't see that we need another half-decent 30+ versatile forward and at least Decordova-Reid was free.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Even though it is Nixon it would make sense we are interested in another goalkeeper though if we are trying to get rid of both Iversen and Ward

Johnstone wouldn't be a bad no2 either

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We ain't getting rid of Ward until his contract expires unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would be really short term thinking for me, with Mads and Jakub we are pretty well set for the future. 

I can't see Ward going any where, who having him.

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Mate, was just about to say this too after I posted. The blokes an enigma...

I would be very very surprised if he makes it in to either Forest or Leicester's first team squads any time in the next two years. 

Surely a signing for the Unders, possibly even OHL. 

That said, this isn't far off the sort of player Fatawu was when Sporting picked him up. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1