Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

On 28/07/2024 at 20:50, Edingleyfox said:

Jordan James at Birmingham being looked at by Ipswich. I thought Leicester were keeping an eye on him at one time 

Rudkin had it jotted down on some toilet paper but he used it when he heard Ayew was available...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Under 3 weeks til the season starts and are current squad easily gets relegated that’s without a point deduction, class

I don’t think many teams start in the premier league with a weaker team than the one they had in the championship.  :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think many teams start in the premier league with a weaker team than the one they had in the championship.  :facepalm:

It’s horrendous! The relief of getting back up is going to be so short lived, I can’t understand why Top said about last season being a season we shouldn’t of had to even experience and then we decide to build are new premier league squad with the likes of Bobby Reid and Ayew

43 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

It’s horrendous! The relief of getting back up is going to be so short lived, I can’t understand why Top said about last season being a season we shouldn’t of had to even experience and then we decide to build are new premier league squad with the likes of Bobby Reid and Ayew

Surely we all saw this coming?  Finances in a perilous state, still got plenty of failed signings on big wages and likely points deduction.  That's why this was the least exciting promotion ever for me and Ive seen a few.  Relegation is assured. 

I think this season is about balancing the books with that injection of pl cash to get back on an even keel.  

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

Surely we all saw this coming?  Finances in a perilous state, still got plenty of failed signings on big wages and likely points deduction.  That's why this was the least exciting promotion ever for me and Ive seen a few.  Relegation is assured. 

I think this season is about balancing the books with that injection of pl cash to get back on an even keel.  

Yeah kind of but a bit of me had hope that some how we’d be able to be more competitive, I just find the comments from top weird about shouldn’t of had to experience relegation/ championship as it’s likely going to have to again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s becoming more common under the current PSR madness. Sheff United had to sell their best players before the start of last season.

For us though it’s an even bigger gamble. In inevitable scenario where we go down, we probably won’t be able to sign anyone next season so we should be doing what Ric said now, act like an ambitious Champ club and set up a very good squad for next season.

If this goes on for much longer, we are so ****ed.

Edited by VLC86
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

It’s becoming more common under the current PSR madness. Sheff United had to sell their best players before the start of last season.

For us though it’s an even bigger gamble. In inevitable scenario where we go down, we probably won’t be able to sign anyone next season so we should be doing what Ric said now, act like an ambitious Champ club and set up a very good squad for next season.

yeah, i agree with this. I regret snubbing o’hare right now lol

The idea for the Okoli signing must be for Nelson to go out on loan and sell/loan out Scouttar and quite possibly sell Faes, if a big enough offer came in. Agree with the need for a creative midfielder and a different striker option. Could yet happen but we all know it won’t 😡

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

yeah, i agree with this. I regret snubbing o’hare right now lol

Not sure he was the right option to be fair. Would want a decent wage, didn’t have the best of season's and probably hasn’t got a great resale value.

Just now, Lad1966 said:

The idea for the Okoli signing must be for Nelson to go out on loan and sell/loan out Scouttar and quite possibly sell Faes, if a big enough offer came in. Agree with the need for a creative midfielder and a different striker option. Could yet happen but we all know it won’t 😡

The problem with that logic, which all seems reasonable, is that Rudkin is incapable of pulling off multiple transfer deals simultaneously. It seems all so haphazard still. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Okoli for £15m seemed a bizarre signing, Souttar, Coady, Nelson, Faes and Vestegaard whilst not the most amazing defenders can do a job. The money and energy should have gone on a creative midfielder, and nasty box to box midfielder, and a striker who will score goals.

He's wasn't £15m.

It was 15m euro which is around 12m and that includes add on which he will have to achieve so the initial fee is a lot cheap.

He's has pace which none of the group you mentioned have.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's wasn't £15m.

It was 15m euro which is around 12m and that includes add on which he will have to achieve so the initial fee is a lot cheap.

He's has pace which none of the group you mentioned have.

It's great, as long as we have plenty of funds for what I mentioned, otherwise I'd have been looking at using Justin to cover in that role if we're playing with a high line, or just don't play that way. 

This is beginning to feel like the summer of 2022.

44 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Why wouldn’t we be able to sign anybody next season if we went down?

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why wouldn’t we be able to sign anybody next season if we went down?

The EFL are gunning for us for breaching their rules last season, we have majorly pissed them off so I can’t imagine next season will be pretty if we need to rebuild down there.

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

The EFL are gunning for us for breaching their rules last season, we have majorly pissed them off so I can’t imagine next season will be pretty if we need to rebuild down there.

But it looks very much like we didn’t breach any EFL rules last season. They can’t punish us just because they don’t like us. 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

But it looks very much like we didn’t breach any EFL rules last season. They can’t punish us just because they don’t like us. 

If we breached Prem rules the prior season, I’m pretty sure we breached EFL rules last season.

The EFL places an embargo on us as they believed we were going to breach. We will see., either way I wouldn’t be gambling on being able to do the rebuild we need in the EFL next season.

5 hours ago, VLC86 said:

If we breached Prem rules the prior season, I’m pretty sure we breached EFL rules last season.

The EFL places an embargo on us as they believed we were going to breach. We will see., either way I wouldn’t be gambling on being able to do the rebuild we need in the EFL next season.

Last season’s transfer embargo was placed  on us before we received around £40m for Maresca and KDH. We won’t know for certain until the accounts for 2023/24 are published, but the widely-accepted view in the media is that the money we received from Chelsea meant we avoided a PSR breach last season. This view likely came from off-the-record briefings from the club, so we can assume the club believes it complied with PSR for last year. This BBC article covers it. 

At the very least, even if didn’t quite stay within PSR limits last season, the breach will have been marginal. The EFL would struggle to justify a transfer ban on a marginal breach, no matter how vindictive they might feel. 

Either way, I’d say  the chances of us being slapped with a transfer ban next season if we get relegated hover just above zero. We have plenty of other things to worry about, but that isn’t one of them. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, VLC86 said:

And then we sold £40m worth of players/staff to Chelsea which as reported by numerous journalists, removed any worries of a FFP failure for last season. 

Just don't get how a punishment can be decided and dished out based on something that might happen. How did they decide to put us under a transfer ban when selling players and manager comp meant no breach of rules. 

21 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Just don't get how a punishment can be decided and dished out based on something that might happen. How did they decide to put us under a transfer ban when selling players and manager comp meant no breach of rules. 

It’s in the rules - can’t  account for might be scenarios. The numbers say that you’re likely to breach. 

Nearly every club can say that they have assets that can be sold pre end June to meet obligations. So the efl would then struggle to police their own rules.