Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 hours ago, murphy said:

Surely we all saw this coming?  Finances in a perilous state, still got plenty of failed signings on big wages and likely points deduction.  That's why this was the least exciting promotion ever for me and Ive seen a few.  Relegation is assured. 

I think this season is about balancing the books with that injection of pl cash to get back on an even keel.  

Thing is, it needn’t be an issue. 

There are plenty of young players out there for absolute steals, they’re a risk, but then any player is? This is where your scouting needs to be good, I don’t mind signing like BDR but then you complement that with a young player who needs work. It’s been the done thing in Germany for years, especially at some of the more modest clubs, Germany have been benefitting from signing Japanese and Korean players for some times, Portugal tend to invest in Brazilians whereas Italy will attract a lot of Argentinian players. 

These are the types of markets we should be exploiting, we spent in excess of £20m on the likes of Patson Daka, when we could have spend far less on a younger Marcos Leonardo…. We tried to sign Soule for in excess of £20m yet we could take a risk on Pablo Solari for again, a much smaller fee… Cooper strikes me as a manager who has the ability to work with young players so this is something we should be using to our advantage. 

At the moment, it feels a bit like Cooper has come in, and the transfer activity has stalled, if we were prepared to chase Soule for £20 odd million it’s clear we plan on spending some money, so then why not go and look for some younger players where we could get two for that price? 

We were happy to spaff again, in excess of £20m on Soumare, who would never, ever be suited to the premier league, who scouted him? When we could spend probably about £5m on Soto Kawasaki, who I’d absolutely guarantee would be better now than Soumare has ever been for us……

The point of my ramble is, yes PRS is going to change the way clubs like us do business, but you can still put together decent sides able to compete on a skilled budget…. You need to be prepared to take some risks, but if they work the rewards are huge, bigger sell on fees, and smaller outgoings on players. 

But we’re owned and ran by clueless idiots who couldn’t run a bath. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is, it needn’t be an issue. 

There are plenty of young players out there for absolute steals, they’re a risk, but then any player is? This is where your scouting needs to be good, I don’t mind signing like BDR but then you complement that with a young player who needs work. It’s been the done thing in Germany for years, especially at some of the more modest clubs, Germany have been benefitting from signing Japanese and Korean players for some times, Portugal tend to invest in Brazilians whereas Italy will attract a lot of Argentinian players. 

These are the types of markets we should be exploiting, we spent in excess of £20m on the likes of Patson Daka, when we could have spend far less on a younger Marcos Leonardo…. We tried to sign Soule for in excess of £20m yet we could take a risk on Pablo Solari for again, a much smaller fee… Cooper strikes me as a manager who has the ability to work with young players so this is something we should be using to our advantage. 

At the moment, it feels a bit like Cooper has come in, and the transfer activity has stalled, if we were prepared to chase Soule for £20 odd million it’s clear we plan on spending some money, so then why not go and look for some younger players where we could get two for that price? 

We were happy to spaff again, in excess of £20m on Soumare, who would never, ever be suited to the premier league, who scouted him? When we could spend probably about £5m on Soto Kawasaki, who I’d absolutely guarantee would be better now than Soumare has ever been for us……

The point of my ramble is, yes PRS is going to change the way clubs like us do business, but you can still put together decent sides able to compete on a skilled budget…. You need to be prepared to take some risks, but if they work the rewards are huge, bigger sell on fees, and smaller outgoings on players. 

But we’re owned and ran by clueless idiots who couldn’t run a bath. 

I agree as there are players available who would of helped out our squad. For less than 20 million in fees we could of signed. I'm not saying they would have joined, or are who I wanted as transfers. But as examples of players who have already moved in this window without really have to scout too far away.

Ronnie Edwards £3.5 million

Jesper Lindstrøm £1.5 million (loan)

Ben Brereton Díaz £6 million

Donny van de Beek 500K

Sergio Gómez £7 Million

This would of covered most of what we are needing players wise. Allowing us to move on the players who we need to.

Edited by slymunn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I agree as there are players available who would of helped out our squad. For less than 20 million in fees we could of signed. I'm not saying they would have joined, or are who I wanted as transfers. But as examples of players who have already moved in this window without really have to scout too far away.

Donny van de Beek 500K

Sergio Gómez £7 Million

This would of covered most of what we are needing players wise. Allowing us to move on the players who we need to.

How may of those improve are starting 11? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Donny van de Beek 500K

Sergio Gómez £7 Million

This would have covered most of what we are needing players wise. Allowing us to move on the players who we need to.

I agree with you here. We had a good window last year, but this year it’s been slow. 

But we have to remember that we’ve offered new deals to Yannick and Wilf, signed Fatawu before anyone else, so it may appear like we’ve done less than we have. 

But I do agree, what I don’t get is chasing player like Soule, when one reasonable bid could land a player like Solari…….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

How may of those improve are starting 11? 

As I mentioned on the post, they are examples of players who have moved already this window for reasonable fees.  I'm pretty sure most of these players have being mentioned on the forum as players people would of liked at the club.

Maybe not the first 11 straight away, but we are 2/3 injuries away from players Hamza, Soumare, Thomas, Ward playing next season. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree with you here. We had a good window last year, but this year it’s been slow. 

But we have to remember that we’ve offered new deals to Yannick and Wilf, signed Fatawu before anyone else, so it may appear like we’ve done less than we have. 

But I do agree, what I don’t get is chasing player like Soule, when one reasonable bid could land a player like Solari…….

That's is :) That was just a quick look of completed transfers with prem teams. I didn't go into other leagues and look at possible signings where most of the value would be.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I assume we got we got encouragement from his agent or 3rd party.

We were probably used by his agent to get Roma to get a move on. 

26 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Donny van de Beek 500K

Sergio Gómez £7 Million

You assume these players would come, and as we are in a precarious position and such players may not have the clout to insist on clauses etc, we may not be as appealing as the alternatives.

...and Donny van de Beek? Really? His wages would be murderous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You assume these players would come, and as we are in a precarious position and such players may not have the clout to insist on clauses etc, we may not be as appealing as the alternatives.

...and Donny van de Beek? Really? His wages would be murderous.

I think my post is not going the way it was intended, it was only examples.

'Im not saying they would have joined, or are who I wanted as transfers. But as examples of players who have already moved in this window without really have to scout too far away'

But for Donny van de Beek - Salary Profile
Donny van de Beek (Central Midfield) has 4 years and €12,520,000 gross salary remaining on his contract with Girona (La Liga), expiring on Jun 30, 2028. Donny van de Beek, who is 27 years old, will earn a gross base salary of €3,130,000 for the 2024-2025 Season, or €60,192 per week, not including bonuses. If this is correct then hes on a fair bit less than Soumare. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Donny van de Beek 500K

Sergio Gómez £7 Million

bare in mind that are all base fees,

the edwards one is and will be alot alot higher(add ons and sell on fee)

wouldnt shock me if all of them became alot higher than the base ones you say here

while its a decent example it all depends on the player we are looking at, 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slymunn said:

As I mentioned on the post, they are examples of players who have moved already this window for reasonable fees.  I'm pretty sure most of these players have being mentioned on the forum as players people would of liked at the club.

Maybe not the first 11 straight away, but we are 2/3 injuries away from players Hamza, Soumare, Thomas, Ward playing next season. 

Easy throw names around.

No body makes a bad buy, when they don't actually have to buy anyone. 

How may people suggest a player, and the come on to tell every they did when the player goes on to do well elsewhere compared mentioning a player they suggested who turned out shit.

I think it best to judge a window after 6-12 months, go back to the summer we signed Daka, Soumare et al, people were saying what a great window it was, now with hindsight they are saying its was a terrible window. 

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Last season’s transfer embargo was placed  on us before we received around £40m for Maresca and KDH. We won’t know for certain until the accounts for 2023/24 are published, but the widely-accepted view in the media is that the money we received from Chelsea meant we avoided a PSR breach last season. This view likely came from off-the-record briefings from the club, so we can assume the club believes it complied with PSR for last year. This BBC article covers it. 

At the very least, even if didn’t quite stay within PSR limits last season, the breach will have been marginal. The EFL would struggle to justify a transfer ban on a marginal breach, no matter how vindictive they might feel. 

Either way, I’d say  the chances of us being slapped with a transfer ban next season if we get relegated hover just above zero. We have plenty of other things to worry about, but that isn’t one of them. 

Fair re the sales, it’s still a gamble IMO.

10 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I think my post is not going the way it was intended, it was only examples.

'Im not saying they would have joined, or are who I wanted as transfers. But as examples of players who have already moved in this window without really have to scout too far away'

But for Donny van de Beek - Salary Profile
Donny van de Beek (Central Midfield) has 4 years and €12,520,000 gross salary remaining on his contract with Girona (La Liga), expiring on Jun 30, 2028. Donny van de Beek, who is 27 years old, will earn a gross base salary of €3,130,000 for the 2024-2025 Season, or €60,192 per week, not including bonuses. If this is correct then hes on a fair bit less than Soumare. 

That's like swapping gonorrhoea for chlamydia because the prescription is cheaper.

They are both crap. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Easy throw names around.

No body makes a bad buy, when they don't actually have to buy anyone. 

How may people suggest a player, and the come on to tell every they did when the player goes on to do well elsewhere compared mentioning a player they suggested who turned out shit.

I think it best to judge a window after 6-12 months, go back to the summer we signed Daka, Soumare et al, people were saying what a great window it was, now with hindsight they are saying its was a terrible window. 

Agreed, but that's why there's a forum to chat about this kind of thing. Most people are saying its a bad window for us so far, but we won't know till the season goes on.

Those names are just there as examples and I can honestly say I'll not be telling people how well one of these have done, if they do go on to be the signing of the season.

• Like 1