Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

36 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Is there any links to Doughty or is it just a personal wish? What sort of fee would it take for Luton to sell do you reckon?

No links but I think he would be perfect for us if Cooper wants us to have a very attacking left back

Apparently he only has 1 year left on his contract so I don’t think he would be too expensive

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

We've resembling the Forest team that got promoted day by day. Everybody was blaming the owner, but was it really Cooper pressuring him for more and more signings?

I get your point but really we've only signed two players that improve our best 11. One was on loan here and I think the jury will be out as to whether Okoli actually does improve us.

Golding, BDCR and Buonanotte are all probably bench options.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

No links but I think he would be perfect for us if Cooper wants us to have a very attacking left back

Apparently he only has 1 year left on his contract so I don’t think he would be too expensive

Doughty is great but i’m not convinced he would be for us. 

He’s too defensively suspect and we’re not strong enough to get away with it.  The reality is that he probably cost luton more goals than he helped them score… but obviously he catches the eye. 

If we had 3 rock solid defenders next to him it would be hard to argue but he’s far better suited to someone like west ham. You also have to bare in mind that most of his chance creation were whipped crosses into the box, we don’t have a suitable striker for that type of approach, luton we’re designed for that ball into the box. 

I don’t like dismissing it because i love him as a player but thats just my opinion anyway. 

Edited by Lambert09

39 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Bring slab head home

Great idea. Him and Vesty to be the slowest  CB pairing in the history of the EPL.

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great idea. Him and Vesty to be the slowest  CB pairing in the history of the EPL.

Vesty would not get a sniff if we got Maguire in- and yes he did better than we all thought possible last season BUT this step up will show just how bad a Prem level defender he is - especially if we actually are not going to do the things he is actually pretty decent at anymore putting his foot on the ball and playing sliding passes into cm like he was last year under Enzo

58 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Could we afford Maguires wages for 1 season - maybe - I dont care if I get grief he would be absolutely quality- huge upgrade on everything we have defensively

Agree with this. I don't think Maguire's lack of especially was exposed too much when he was with us before.  He's v solid and reliable defensively, and would add a much-needed attacking threat at our set pieces. Admittedly, wages could be a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Possible left back incoming.

Who wants to take a punt on the next name to come out of the rumour mill?

Mentioned a few last week, but of those, I have a sneaky feeling for Nicola Zalewski of Roma. 

One year left on his contract and there’s been rumours of him potentially leaving. 

• Like 1

Targetting a left back makes me wonder what the actual plan is there, currently. Cover for Thomas as he's not considered good enough? I am still convinced there is a really good player in Kristiansen. 

Assuming Zaha is almost done, I'd be much more inclined to target another CM in the 6/8 role, a more attacking midfielder and a striker than a left back.