Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Any "director of football" that signs Neal Maupay and Jordan Ayew in the same window needs to be banned for life. 

Edit: sorry, typo. I meant banned from life. 

Arrested for war crimes and set to the Hague.

2 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Maupay a massive know, disruptice character according to my Brighton mate

Seargent a massive yes from me. Great player in the making. I think hes American isnt he.

They're both absolutely shit. 

Sergeant's goal rate playing top flight football in England and Germany is diabolical. 

He found his level in the Championship. Leave him there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Arrested for war crimes and set to the Hague.

Or given a place in 2TK's cabinet as Minister of Insanity.

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're both absolutely shit. 

Sergeant's goal rate playing top flight football in England and Germany is diabolical. 

He found his level in the Championship. Leave him there. 

The only slight caveat with Sargent is that he was 21 when he played in the PL. Plenty of top strikers weren't prolific at that age. Also, Sargent's goals-per-game ratio has shot up over the past two seasons - he scored 13 in 40 Championship games in 2022/23, then 16 in 26 last season (almost an identical rate to Szmodics). So he's clearly improving.

Sargent would be a gamble, but we're in a position where we have to gamble. Maupay wouldn't even be a gamble - we'd already know he wouldn't score many goals for us.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Be brave, go for a prospect striker, Vardy is still here and Daka will be back in a few months 

The problem with this approach is that we’ve had our fingers (arguably) burnt twice. Daka was a highly rated prospect and it was seen as a coup when we pulled it off. There was genuine interest from Liverpool. Cannon for different reasons also been a bit of a let down. 

Im quite naive and still believe Patson Daka has so many qualities that if he could learn to use them could become a very valuable player - the thing is he just hasn’t shown the ability or know-how to utilise the tools many strikers would crave for. 

One thing I do know, Maupay isn’t the answer!

• Like 1

On 26/08/2024 at 20:55, Micky said:

Wait until the end of Friday.... You might see Rudkin in a different light.... ;)

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

Maupay is likely. 

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US

• Haha 2