Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

30 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

13m for Okoli

25m for Skipp

5m for Golding 

Pretty wild we've left no funds for a priority position

Also disappointed we have not signed a 9, but we haven't really seen Okali play, Skipp was £20 mill and good - and Golding (£4mill?) who knows?

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Given recent developments, I understand we are looking at bringing Andrew Tate in on loan from Romania.

At least he will bring good youth players for the women's team with him!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

The risk of not signing a striker is akin to the decision to just play Danny Ward in the relegation season. Rolling the dice on what we have being good enough is a big mistake imo. 

I agree with you, but looking at the window in general, who have we missed out on? The club made an offer for Fotis Ioannidis but it was rejected. Would it be worth us paying 35M for a new stiker? To be fair, maybe it would be, but as it stands I don't see a stand-out player that I think we missed out on. Liam Delap, Cameron Archer, Bereton-Diaz? Maybe Sammie Szmodics depending on how he gets on.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

13m for Okoli

25m for Skipp

5m for Golding 

Okoli was €8m initially

Skipp was £20m initially

Golding £4m initially

These fees will be spread out over 5 years, making it a net spend of about £6m this year + wages. Add ons will only take effect if we are successful, and if we are, then the add ons will be worth it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with you, but looking at the window in general, who have we missed out on? The club made an offer for Fotis Ioannidis but it was rejected. Would it be worth us paying 35M for a new stiker? To be fair, maybe it would be, but as it stands I don't see a stand-out player that I think we missed out on. Liam Delap, Cameron Archer, Bereton-Diaz? Maybe Sammie Szmodics depending on how he gets on.

The problem is that we're probably weaker in 2 key areas than we were last season; Striker and centre midfield. Whatever else has happened, it's unacceptable to have barely strengthened the squad when you get promoted. If Ioannidis costs £30m then that's just the type of stupid risk we've forced ourselves into taking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Okoli was €8m initially

Skipp was £20m initially

Golding £4m initially

These fees will be spread out over 5 years, making it a net spend of about £6m this year + wages. Add ons will only take effect if we are successful, and if we are, then the add ons will be worth it.

And importantly on Golding, we had to do that to get KDH gone and minimise other potential deductions.

• Haha 1

When was the last time we came out of a deadline day thinking "we got exactly what we needed" or for that matter. When was the last time we went into a deadline day happy with what we have? 

At this point I'd settle with feeling disapointed but usually the overwhelming emotion is anger. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

When was the last time we came out of a deadline day thinking "we got exactly what we needed" or for that matter. When was the last time we went into a deadline day happy with what we have? 

At this point I'd settle with feeling disapointed but usually the overwhelming emotion is anger. 

People were pretty happy the year we brought Daka and Soumare. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought midfield was our big weakness last season so think we are stronger there.

Definitely weak at CF but who isn't, there are barely any good strikers in European football for the biggest sides let alone those in the next tiers down. I agree that there just aren't many options worth spending money on. Fees for strikers are insane because there aren't many good ones anymore. It's depressing.

Edited by mancunianfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The window when we signed Soyuncu and Benkovic on deadline day for me.

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Skipp and BEK, we are stronger in midfield now. We also have Buonanotte on loan who has been pretty good so far too.

I can't disagree with Striker though. Iheanacho right now would start for sure given our injury problems.

I think this is what frustrates me the most, sometimes we do some really smart things, but then other glaringly obvious things we just consciously ignore and think ahhh it will be fine.

I get not every club and their recruitment is spot on perfect, but not finding a potential scoring striker is just madness.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Skipp and BEK, we are stronger in midfield now. We also have Buonanotte on loan who has been pretty good so far too.

I can't disagree with Striker though. Iheanacho right now would start for sure given our injury problems.

Iheanacho would not be starting over a fit Vardy, who - even at his age - will be one of the best strikers in the PL this year. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

The problem is that we're probably weaker in 2 key areas than we were last season; Striker and centre midfield. Whatever else has happened, it's unacceptable to have barely strengthened the squad when you get promoted. If Ioannidis costs £30m then that's just the type of stupid risk we've forced ourselves into taking.

I'd argue we've more than replaced KDH. 

KDH got the usual supporter hype for being a local lad. Don't get me wrong, he is a decent player, but with Skipp signed and hopefully the Moroccan lad will come good, add in Buonanotte then I'd say we're ok in centre mid. 

We are most certainly weaker up front though, the only No9 we have is Vardy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Iheanacho would not be starting over a fit Vardy, who - even at his age - will be one of the best strikers in the PL this year. 

I'm not convinced Vardy will ne one of the best strikers in the division this year. He probably wouldn't start for most sides in the league.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Okoli was €8m initially

Skipp was £20m initially

Golding £4m initially

I think the main issue really is that they're all bang average, at best. None improve our starting 11! And yes, Ndidi is mediocre before anyone pipes up re Skipp!!

A shit show

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

that is stretching it a bit after how he played the last time in the PL (vardy)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's why I used centre midfield specifically. I think Skipp's a decent player but is he better than KDH, or at least the role KDH did for us? Definitely not on the latter part. Think Bilal and Buonanotte and good signings but both very inexperienced at this level and although KDH was more of a CM then an AM (unlike these lads), he brought a lot of goal contributions and importantly somebody to carry the ball up the pitch at pace. We haven't been able to replace that.

Squad is overall a bit better with more depth but I don't think we've adequately strengthened in the key areas we needed

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'd argue we've more than replaced KDH. 

KDH got the usual supporter hype for being a local lad. Don't get me wrong, he is a decent player, but with Skipp signed and hopefully the Moroccan lad will come good, add in Buonanotte then I'd say we're ok in centre mid. 

We are most certainly weaker up front though, the only No9 we have is Vardy

See my above reply to Strider. Squad is definitely better in that area, but we no longer have anyone in that profile who can play as a conventional centre mid (or a number 8 as the kids now call it :thumbdown:), and get us up the pitch, then chip in with goals