Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 minutes ago, sdb said:

I think the main issue really is that they're all bang average, at best. None improve our starting 11! And yes, Ndidi is mediocre before anyone pipes up re Skipp!!

A shit show

and so are we. And so is the majority of the premier league. 

The Premier league quality is the biggest myth in football. Take out 5-6 teams and everyone else is roughly the same. 

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

That's why I used centre midfield specifically. I think Skipp's a decent player but is he better than KDH, or at least the role KDH did for us? Definitely not on the latter part. Think Bilal and Buonanotte and good signings but both very inexperienced at this level and although KDH was more of a CM then an AM (unlike these lads), he brought a lot of goal contributions and importantly somebody to carry the ball up the pitch at pace. We haven't been able to replace that.

Squad is overall a bit better with more depth but I don't think we've adequately strengthened in the key areas we needed

Agreed, a really poor window for us.  Our relegation team would smash this crop.  We have gone so far backwards.  Our recruitment, which under Puel was great is as an effective as the poonjabi drunks in my local.  Top needs to really show something, were gonna be a yo yo honey Singh club.

10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

See my above reply to Strider. Squad is definitely better in that area, but we no longer have anyone in that profile who can play as a conventional centre mid (or a number 8 as the kids now call it :thumbdown:), and get us up the pitch, then chip in with goals

If we're going with what the kids say these days

Last season we played with 2 No8's and without a No10

This season it's looking likely we'll play 2 No6's and a No10

So KDH has been replaced by 2 players if you like, 1 in Skipp to do the defensive work and look to link play between defence and attack and the other in Buonanotte and El Khannouss (hopefully) to provide the spark up top 

Having 1 No8 only works in a 442, which is a system almost dead in the game. In the system we look likely to be playing KDH would have been found wanting on so many occasions because he'd be constantly caught out of position, he can't play as a 10 and he can't play as a 6

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Agreed, a really poor window for us.  Our relegation team would smash this crop.  We have gone so far backwards.  Our recruitment, which under Puel was great is as an effective as the poonjabi drunks in my local.  Top needs to really show something, were gonna be a yo yo honey Singh club.

I don’t think you can compare Puel’s recruitment to our current recruitment. When Puel was manager, we were an established Premiership team, which inevitably attracted better players/wages. 

1 minute ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t think you can compare Puel’s recruitment to our current recruitment. When Puel was manager, we were an established Premiership team, which inevitably attracted better players/wages. 

We were a attractive prem club only 2 years ago.  Its about picking gems, gambling and having a strategy.  Nige's time we got Mahrez, and Knockhaert, we expanded under puel amd got Tielemens.  Where are these gems now...,....where is the strategy today.  Top is the boss, sort it.

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

We were a attractive prem club only 2 years ago.  Its about picking gems, gambling and having a strategy.  Nige's time we got Mahrez, and Knockhaert, we expanded under puel amd got Tielemens.  Where are these gems now...,....where is the strategy today.  Top is the boss, sort it.

That was two years ago. We are currently a promoted club that will most probably be face a significant points deduction. 

This situation isn’t unique to us. The majority of promoted clubs find it hard to attract good players, hence most relegated. Occasionally you’ll find a couple of gems, but it’s not the norm. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

and so are we. And so is the majority of the premier league. 

The Premier league quality is the biggest myth in football. Take out 5-6 teams and everyone else is roughly the same. 

Here's hoping we finish 7th then!! 

4 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

That was two years ago. We are currently a promoted club that will most probably be face a significant points deduction. 

This situation isn’t unique to us. The majority of promoted clubs find it hard to attract good players, hence most relegated. Occasionally you’ll find a couple of gems, but it’s the norm. 

Some peeps have low standards, i get it, each to there own.  I expect better, no striker ☢️ ng says it all.

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If we're going with what the kids say these days

Last season we played with 2 No8's and without a No10

This season it's looking likely we'll play 2 No6's and a No10

So KDH has been replaced by 2 players if you like, 1 in Skipp to do the defensive work and look to link play between defence and attack and the other in Buonanotte and El Khannouss (hopefully) to provide the spark up top 

Having 1 No8 only works in a 442, which is a system almost dead in the game. In the system we look likely to be playing KDH would have been found wanting on so many occasions because he'd be constantly caught out of position, he can't play as a 10 and he can't play as a 6

Thank god I'm ok with numbers or you'd have fried my brain lol.

I think the issue is that we're going to come under pressure a lot and have less of the ball, so having somebody who can carry the ball is vital, because it gets you up the pitch. Then you've got a separate issue of the numbers B&B (as they shall now be known) have produced are not great at all.

As you say, different system in play so it's just about whether some of these incomings can really up their attacking output.

This is actual insanity if the window closes and we haven't signed a striker. 

At his age, Vardy should be our 3rd choice/super sub this season. 

To rely on him as our No.1 striker at this stage in his career is crazy. 

I am clinging onto the hope a) we pull off a last minute loan deal for someone half decent OR b) Tom Cannon is so pissed off how little faith the club have in him, he will turn into our star striker over night out of pure anger... 

• Like 1