Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Trincao would be Dwight McNeil levels of underwhelming, but it's probably a good indicator of where we are as a club right now.

Well McNeil got no goals , Trincao got two Madueke got three ( against weaker opposition ) , there again Sancho got three as well. Right wingers eh, you got to love them. Harvey was very patchy but at least he scored six times. If we continue to play a lone striker ( which I don't support) they have got to do better than that.

28 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Much as I'd like Madueke, he did only recently sign a long term contract, and had a few injuries this season. Perhaps he's going to stay at PSV for another season, light it up, injury-free and make the jump to the PL? Then again, as you've mentioned, PSV do have a lot of left-footed right wingers on the books...

PSV have a lot of left footed right wingers. Van Nistelrooy will bring Bakayoko through as well from the academy team he managed last season. I think they'd sell. They've also got or are close to taking Savio on loan from Man City. That's like 4 left footed right wingers and 2 left wingers, madness.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Think Trincao would be the ideal signing really. He has done his Prem apprenticeship, would possibly get more of an attacking role her than at Wolves, and if it’s a loan with option. :dunno:.
We obviously know him well enough. Do it.

I honestly think the link is nonsense. But think his stats show we have something to work with and we clearly regarded him highly. As a club this would make sense, unless we find another hidden gem then our options are limited. 

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

The Rennes duo would be a decent coup. Not so sure about Trincao I was gutted when he went wolves last summer but I don’t think the prem is suited for him.

I don’t think that’s fair. Wolves we’re historically bad attacking and that’s due to their coach. Even their proven PL forwards struggled last year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

His defensive stats aren’t that special. 

79F7336E-3F13-440D-A2A5-B0EC135A515B.jpeg

B8A266B8-E040-4990-A80A-A4046CD735F5.jpeg

Those look pretty close to Lookmans numbers, who was impressive in that regard. I honestly would have expected them to be worse... but had they have been, we probably would have never been interested. 

After watching the video above he could have easily doubled his numbers with a little more luck. Considering Barnes went from the worst finisher weve ever seen to one of our most potent attackers is enough for me to give him a chance.  I think it would end up being a very clever piece of business. The fact that even some Barca fans would like to keep him should be testament enough to his ability. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I don’t think that’s fair. Wolves we’re historically bad attacking and that’s due to their coach. Even their proven PL forwards struggled last year.

Yeah I can agree with you there tbf I didn’t think of that actually. 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Those look pretty close to Lookmans numbers, who was impressive in that regard. I honestly would have expected them to be worse... but had they have been, we probably would have never been interested. 

After watching the video above he could have easily doubled his numbers with a little more luck. Considering Barnes went from the worst finisher weve ever seen to one of our most potent attackers is enough for me to give him a chance.  I think it would end up being a very clever piece of business. The fact that even some Barca fans would like to keep him should be testament enough to his ability. 

I have no doubt about his ability and our that scouts have been high on him for a long time for a good reason.

I watched a decent amount of his game time this season and he didn’t always look very engaged. If we can get him at a good price and get him more engaged, then this might be our best chance. 

Edited by The_77

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We were strongly after him a couple of years ago. Just three goals and one assists in a poor Wolves team last season, though only 16 starts out of 29 appearances and only finished a full 90 once. All G+As came as a sub. The highlights reel below:

I wouldn't be against this personally if it was just a loan. Another player to try out in that area but someone who's still young and has a season's experience in the PL. He's clearly got skills and would be a low risk deal IMO

I'm not sure how well it bodes that the first two "highlights" are him missing the target from about ten yards. Obviously not completely devoid of ability and you have to assume he'd fare at least a little better in a team that actually scores goals rather than Wolves but I would find the prospect of him being our new starting right winger pretty chilling.

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm not sure how well it bodes that the first two "highlights" are him missing the target from about ten yards. Obviously not completely devoid of ability and you have to assume he'd fare at least a little better in a team that actually scores goals rather than Wolves but I would find the prospect of him being our new starting right winger pretty chilling.

That highlight reel reminded me a lot of Barnes in 2019-2020 -- hitting the bar, aiming at the goalie. 

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

The Rennes duo would be a decent coup. Not so sure about Trincao I was gutted when he went wolves last summer but I don’t think the prem is suited for him.

Weird doesn’t seem like our profile of signing. Trincao maybe but not as excited as last summer, and the Rennes 2 are over 25. Really not liking the habit of signing over 25/26 yr olds atm. Vestergaard, Bertrand, these two. Not for me

16 minutes ago, Guest said:

Chilling 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

A young player moving to a new country with a different language. I think those stats from last year aren't that bad considering. Same as Daka I think you'll see more in the second year.

As an example Mahrez in his first season; 4 goals and 3 assists

Second season; 17 goals 11 assists

Just having someone with his moves on the right side would open it up a bit more for us... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Just having someone with his moves on the right side would open it up a bit more for us... 

I agree with you, might be an ideal time to get him, we scout players for a long time and he wasn't as bad as people are making out. The Premier league isn't always easy for wingers to hit the ground running. I doubt given how interested we were that we'd be too put off after last season. Might be an ideal time to get him.

A new start may be exactly what he needs.

From the players available he looks a good one to take a chance on.

• Like 2