Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Let me guess….another request for a charitable loan and then a joke offer next season. Turn this off Rudders now. Do not do any business with any Italian or Turkish Club, they take the p*ss.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Imagine selling amartey when he's ahead of vesty and soyunchu in the pecking order.

Again though, only 12 months left on the contract. We either agree a new deal, or ship him out. 

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Let me guess….another request for a charitable loan and then a joke offer next season. Turn this off Rudders now. Do not do any business with any Italian or Turkish Club, they take the p*ss.

If they're paying the wages we sometimes can't say no tbh. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Thanks for your service but time to go, Dan.

I don't see him going to Turkey, and think he would be a very good CB for a lower half Premier League team. Somebody mentioned there were rumors of him heading to Forest. It is hard to believe he is a member of the Premier League winning squad (one of only four left), and I feel for him: Never being cemented into a position -- CM, RB, and finally CB -- and his time here plagued by injuries. He stepped up last year when needed, but, yeah, I think he will be dropping down the pecking order if we recruit correctly. However, if it is between keeping him and having Vesty as our #3...I'd keep Big Dan every day of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Imagine selling amartey when he's ahead of vesty and soyunchu in the pecking order.

As much as I like Dan, he not going to get better, a good squad player.

Soyuncu will leave anyway, and I think we would move Vesty on if we could.

We are going to bring in another young CB in my view, and I think the club will have one eye on developing Nelson and Brunt who played CB a lot for the U23.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As much as I like Dan, he not going to get better, a good squad player.

Soyuncu will leave anyway, and I think we would move Vesty on if we could.

We are going to bring in another young CB in my view, and I think the club will have one eye on developing Nelson and Brunt who played CB a lot for the U23.

If Cags goes and we bring in a new CB, we will still need 1 of Big Dan or Vesty as 4th choice even with someone like Nelson coming into the squad - we really need 5 CBs in the squad.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, turlo said:

If Cags goes and we bring in a new CB, we will still need 1 of Big Dan or Vesty as 4th choice even with someone like Nelson coming into the squad - we really need 5 CBs in the squad.

I’d agree although can’t see us shifting both big Dan and Vestergaard so shouldn’t be an issue.

Whoever comes in (hopefully Colwill) will effectively replace Cags as third choice, with Vestergaard potentially 4th choice as I can’t see anyone coming in for him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, turlo said:

Chance are we are going to struggle to move Vesty on, Dan is going to be much easier to shift.

We need to make some none sentimental decisions to move this squad forward, which for me means moving on the likes of Amartey and Mendy this summer.

Not because they are bad players, but because it gives us more wiggle room on the finance front wages-wise. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Thing is though, we've seen this season, over a prolonged run of games in the side, that he's just not at the level required. He's had some good games, don't get me wrong, but he's wildly inconsistent. I understand what you're saying about Vestergaard, and I'd rather keep Amartey over him, too, but the issue is that Amartey only has one year left, whereas Vestergaard has 2, and chances are Big Dan will be easier to shift. Hopefully, with Fofana and Evans back, a new centre-half coming in and no European football, whoever is 4th choice won't really have to play very often, anyway. 

I realize he would be easier to shift, but Vesty is literally a liability when he plays.

I hope we could shift both, and bring in a solid #3 and a hungry younger player that doesn't cost much.