Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

11 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Betis want Perez for 10m, big loss on what we paid but if it means we can reinvest I'm for it.

If someone offered us 10 mill for Perez and we don’t have to pay any of his wages that would be a dream. Personally don’t think that will ever happen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Betis want Perez for 10m, big loss on what we paid but if it means we can reinvest I'm for it.

The €10m is his valuation on transfermarkt, not how much they are going to offer unfortunately

19 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

If we ever thought he was going to make a profit, we would have extended his deal. Right now it is about trimming the squad, getting rid of high wage-earners on the bench, and anything extra is a bonus. We need to lose a lot of players this window, and those 5 million and 10 million sales will add up.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If we ever thought he was going to make a profit, we would have extended his deal. Right now it is about trimming the squad, getting rid of high wage-earners on the bench, and anything extra is a bonus. We need to lose a lot of players this window, and those 5 million and 10 million sales will add up.

We were never making a profit on 30m, the point is another expensive flop. He isn't terrible and 10m isn't changing our summer plan but I agree they all add up.

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We were never making a profit on 30m, the point is another expensive flop. He isn't terrible and 10m isn't changing our summer plan but I agree they all add up.

Although it is amazing they we made more money off of Sowah than we will off some really expensive first team players. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get more for Wright and Hirst than we do for Perez. Which goes to show how important the Academy can become: Those ones, fives and tens do add up, and if you have enough quality coming through the ranks, then you can be making okay money off players who never put on the shirt in a first team game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

And just before anyone complains about what we paid for him, we did NOT pay £30m. That was the fee  touted about by Mike Ashley  for damage limitation fall out so Toon fans didn’t go crazy.

We've been through this.  We did indeed get royally screwed out of £30m.  Just go back through his his thread for all of the sources if you're unsure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

We've been through this.  We did indeed get royally screwed out of £30m.  Just go back through his his thread for all of the sources if you're unsure.

There’s also sources that shared we didn’t pay that amount

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Sure it was actually closer to £16m if memory serves me right

it was. But Ashley couldn’t declare that he sold their best player at the time for that amount.  They desperately needed the money at the time.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

There’s also sources that shared we didn’t pay that amount

Yeah, I remember discussing it at the time.  A couple of Mickey Mouse sources versus broadsheet sources.  I mean it even says he was sold for £30m on his wikipedia page.

I would rather you were right than me, but I remember looking into it quite exhaustively and I really can't be bothered to do it again and the consensus from every decent source was £30m.  Rodgers even said that he was the £30-£50m player that he had alluded to a few days earlier that had got us all excited.

I wonder if there is a way of proving this conclusively?  There are lots of amateur accountants on these pages at this time of year, perhaps it is in the clubs accoubts or something?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

£16m release clause, Villareal and Valencia apparently both activated it so we went higher to get priority (around £20m), like Chelsea did to us with Kante, and then there were supposedly a few add-ons that could've made it close to £30m (might explain why he didn't play as much this season:dunno:). 

No sources other than what I saw on social media at the time of the deal, and from a Newcastle supporting mate saying this was the case and Ashley was using £30m as a PR front. 

It was also 30 million euros quoted, which at the time was more like 26m quid.

Every transfer going always has a fee that the buying club quote and a different one by the sellers club.....otherwise known as undisclosed.

Just now, murphy said:

Yeah, I remember discussing it at the time.  A couple of Mickey Mouse sources versus broadsheet sources.  I mean it even says he was sold for £30m on his wikipedia page.

I would rather you were right than me, but I remember looking into it quite exhaustively and I really can't be bothered to do it again and the consensus from every decent source was £30m.  Rodgers even said that he was the £30-£50m player that he had alluded to a few days earlier that had got us all excited.

I wonder if there is a way of proving this conclusively?  There are lots of amateur accountants on these pages at this time of year, perhaps it is in the clubs accoubts or something?

well of course all the broadsheets will  report the £30m as that was the figure Ashley released to them. That was the whole point of giving them that figure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

well of course all the broadsheets will  report the £30m as that was the figure Ashley released to them. That was the whole point of giving them that figure.

OK, well not to get into this again, but if Ashley quoted £30m as a PR job to assuage the baying geordie mob that acrually seemed quite happy with the sale at the time and came on here to tell us so, then how come we didn't counter that by releasing a £16m figure or whatever?   £30m for Perez is terrible PR for us.  Unless of course it is  true as reported...

Anyway, I've been down this road before, so I will leave it there.

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

You believe everything the broadsheets and wiki print?

I could change wiki tomorrow to say we paid £225m for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

OK, well not to get into this again, but if Ashley quoted £30m as a PR job to assuage the baying geordie mob that acrually seemed quite happy with the sale at the time and came on here to tell us so, then how come we didn't counter that by releasing a £16m figure or whatever?   £30m for Perez is terrible PR for us.  Unless of course it is  true as reported...

We don't generally give people transfer amounts are counter false reports in the press, do we? It was in everyone's interest to keep the £30 million in the press: Newcastle, so the fans didn't set the stadium on fire; Perez, so people think he was worth that much; LCFC, because it was Brendan's first signing and it showed we meant business.

But because everyone assumes it was £30m -- and I have no idea if it was or it wasn't -- then it is okay for the fan to treat him like a £30m player, for good or ill.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

as long as we get a player for the money we want to pay for him, we’re likely to play  any game we  have to..

and if probably works in our favor anyway… it serves our purpose  for other  clubs to think we are strapped for cash now going into another transfer deal- hopefully won’t try and fleece us for every penny we ( don’t) have. ;)

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You believe everything the broadsheets and wiki print?

I could change wiki tomorrow to say we paid £225m for him.

No, but if you have a better source than the broadsheets and respected sports writers then I'm all ears....

Thought not.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

No, but if you have a better source than the broadsheets and respected sports writers then I'm all ears....

Thought not.

Respected sports writers?

How many of those have we seen crash and bun recently.  The Italian itk has been rubbish recently.

When it comes to sport there seems to be as much bs in te broadsheets ass the red tops.

Notice you didn't query my point about wiki.

And don't take things so personally. Nobody ever seems to know the actual fees paid for players or the salaries they are on. Just today I've seen two claims for what our average salary is, £60k and £93k. That's enough for me to realise that nobody has a clue.

With respect to player’s salaries, the only people who really know are those directly involved. What we do know for certain is that it is a lot. It is generally thought that our basic starting squad pay is around £25k pw or £1.25m pa.

i suspect the majority are on far more

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

With respect to player’s salaries, the only people who really know are those directly involved. What we do know for certain is that it is a lot. It is generally thought that our basic starting squad pay is around £25k pw or £1.25m pa.

i suspect the majority are on far more

Our average wage is something sick like £70k a week I think, if not more.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Our average wage is something sick like £70k a week I think, if not more.

Maybe so, and the biggest earners raise that average considerably. when you factor in that we will have a lot of fringe and academy types who will be given first or extended contracts on the “basic” then it is easy to see why our wage to turnover percentage could be nearing critical point. Those, such as for eg, Thomas, who get thrust into the team and take their chance will soon be looking for a pay rise too. For this to happen, which it needs to for us to be able to keep bringing new players through, we have to shed at the other end. Either through retirement or moving them on.