Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

21 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

A few years ago Winks was instrumental in getting spurs to Champs League final and he bossed Real Madrid midfield both home and away.

However, more recently he seems to have lost his way and his confidence seems to be at an all time low. He's now getting outplayed against unheard of conference league teams. 

Think he needs a fresh start at a new club as he seems to be scapegoated by their fans. Pair him with the right defensive midfielder and he may be a decent option.

Our club has been built on finding or picking up players that have lost their way at other clubs that people have written off. Yet we are all so fast to write them off before he's even actually what we are after, signed or kicked a ball.

Having said that and with the 'summer rebuild' not exactly going well I like many would be worried if this is our tielemans replacement.

He comes across as an Everton signing so in my opinion I'd stay clear.

So was Deli Alli look whats happened to him 

image.gif.bf9a130d1a9080124e09a6cf1652d240.gif

3 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

young, English, and obviously talented - been messed about at Spurs with all the different managers over the last few year.

Worth the risk I think - not dissimilar to where Tielemans was when we took him from Monaco 

Not dissimilar? 

When we signed youri he was 22, so 4 years younger than winks currently is and yet had already played more senior games than winks has at 26, not to mention played champions league football at 16...

28 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

young, English, and obviously talented - been messed about at Spurs with all the different managers over the last few year.

Worth the risk I think - not dissimilar to where Tielemans was when we took him from Monaco 

He's 27 in February lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It does make me laugh how people rave about Mendy but Winks, who is essentially a better version of him, isn't good enough as a potential replacement lol 

At best, I'd say its debatable that Winks is a better version of Mendy. 

Winks when he first broke through was very highly regarded. He's lost his way. I'm not completely against this signing like some others but I cant see how someone can immediately class him as a better player than Mendy. It seems like its easy to discard what we have sometimes for the shiny new signing. 

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It does make me laugh how people rave about Mendy but Winks, who is essentially a better version of him, isn't good enough as a potential replacement lol 

I don't think anyone has ever raved about mendy, cant argue that he puts in a good shift when needed though.

I also think if winks was brought in as a direct replacement for mendy, no one would be annoyed by it.

However, if Tielemans leaves and winks is our replacement, we will riot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

At best, I'd say its debatable that Winks is a better version of Mendy. 

Winks when he first broke through was very highly regarded. He's lost his way. I'm not completely against this signing like some others but I cant see how someone can immediately class him as a better player than Mendy. It seems like its easy to discard what we have sometimes for the shiny new signing. 

Winks is better than Mendy. 

Screenshot-2022-07-07-at-10-02-30.pngScreenshot-2022-07-07-at-10-02-48.png

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, all personal opinions. I just think I see someone who's much better at progressing the ball in Winks, but plays in a similar way to Mendy. Obviously, I agree that he's no Tielemans replacement. 

Furthermore, I'm not saying that we should sign him and discard Mendy, it's just comparing the two players - that's all. 

I'd be more than happy to move Mendy on and replace him with Winks. Mendy is a decent player, Winks is a good player with a quite a few years left in comparison to Mendy, for me that would be a great bit of business, especially if we can shift Mendy and bring Winks in for a relatively low net spend and on similar wages, I am not sure how well he is paid at spurs in comparison to Mendy though.

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't quite get why we are comparing him with Mendy. I would see Winks as more of a Tielemans replacement, in which case it would be a downgrade unfortunately.

.......:shutup:

Edited by Simoken

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Those progressive passes stats are intriguing.. especially when so many fans have complained about the football being "sideways" or "backwards".

He's not played that many minutes, 900 or so but I think that's Conte's influence - his other season's stats don't look like that 

Is there a Samaritans thread on FT? If not, there should be if this diabolical rumour comes to fruition.   The Transfer Forum should carry a health warning. 

30 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I get he’s not the most exciting signing. But some of the comments on here are bordering on unhinged. He’s a good premier league player in his position. 

Spot on. we have a very stuck up, highly judgemental fanbase dont we just :D ..think as a replacement for mendy, soumare & hamza he is very much an upgrade on them, Underrated Quality passer, good tackling, nimble & press-resistant (like mendy) & good at dribbling and breaking through the lines and adds more bite, i'm sure kokcu will be Youri's replacement so chill ya ass's but we need depth aswell. think he'd do fine here 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Spot on. we have a very stuck up, highly judgemental fanbase dont we just :D ..think as a replacement for mendy, soumare & hamza he is very much an upgrade on them, Underrated Quality passer, good tackling, nimble & press-resistant (like mendy) & good at dribbling and breaking through the lines and adds more bite, i'm sure kokcu will be Youri's replacement so chill ya ass's but we need depth aswell. think he'd do fine here 

Sorry but his highlights reel is not 8-9 minutes long. That's a very, very bad sign for me.  

You always get the immediate "OMG why are we signing him, he's useless", then some try to convince themselves he might not be that bad and has some redeeming qualities, followed by the realisation that everyone was right first time lol 

For me, he would be an upgrade on Hamza and Mendy if its them he would replace, I'd be happy with that. If its Tielemans replacement I would be concerned. 

• Like 2