Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Exactly. Wouldn’t consider offers below £75m. I think most of football thinks we are desperate to sell

Think that's the crux of it.  People will test the waters with ridiculous bids because they think we're desperate for cash. 

We're in a sell to buy situation not a sell to stay afloat one. Obviously they're unaware. 

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Think that's the crux of it.  People will test the waters with ridiculous bids because they think we're desperate for cash. 

We're in a sell to buy situation not a sell to stay afloat one. Obviously they're unaware. 

Will be interesting to see if this generates interest from elsewhere. Collomosse now suggesting we would have a decision to make at £50m - er still no thanks.

40 minutes ago, cstott_lcfc said:

Trending on twitter gallese to leicester as a schmeichel replacement.Never heard of him

A bunch of Peruvian football fans created a trend and kept posting about him coming to Leicester… It’s weird, and not an actual rumour 

42 minutes ago, cstott_lcfc said:

Trending on twitter gallese to leicester as a schmeichel replacement.Never heard of him

Saw a lot of him through 2019 when I was living in Lima (used to go to Alianza games). He's decent enough but I'm not convinced he's of the standard we'll be wanting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Will be interesting to see if this generates interest from elsewhere. Collomosse now suggesting we would have a decision to make at £50m - er still no thanks.

Quite, fvck the fvck off.  He's one of the most exciting players in the league and was by some distance our best player last season.  If we sold for anything less than ridiculous money then we really are up the creek financially without a doubt.  However, I don't think for a second we will sell or if we do it'll be for a huge sum.

Of course this sort of depends on this mysterious option clause in his contract being a thing.  

• Like 2

No way do we sell Schmeichel, Fofana, Maddison, Soyuncu this window. Then lose Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Vardy, Evans, Bertrand, Mendy and Choudhury in June. 

The concern, if we struggle or sell too players this season, the players expiring won’t resign on to a sinking ship of a failing project. 

King Power won’t let that happen, or they’d be better selling the club as our value would plummet. 

We’ll be okay. Even if nothing happens transfer wise. We just need to keep the squad together. 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

No way do we sell Schmeichel, Fofana, Maddison, Soyuncu this window. Then lose Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Vardy, Evans, Bertrand, Mendy and Choudhury in June. 

The concern, if we struggle or sell too players this season, the players expiring won’t resign on to a sinking ship of a failing project. 

King Power won’t let that happen, or they’d be better selling the club as our value would plummet. 

We’ll be okay. Even if nothing happens transfer wise. We just need to keep the squad together. 

Apart from Youri and Vardy, I’m not sure I would want any of the players whose contracts expire in 2023 to sign extensions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

the absolute galls on that guy to walk in and take the armband! 

That picture was the reply to absolutely everything Leicester on Twitter last night! 

Nah, I don't buy it. Losing Schmeichel guves us an opportunity to go back to our previous model of signing an up-and-coming star on less wages or promoting one of our own talented keepers, and would allow us to sign another player or two through Kasper's saved wages. Signing Kepa or Leno wouldn't allow us to do that.

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Nah, I don't buy it. Losing Schmeichel guves us an opportunity to go back to our previous model of signing an up-and-coming star on less wages or promoting one of our own talented keepers, and would allow us to sign another player or two through Kasper's saved wages. Signing Kepa or Leno wouldn't allow us to do that.

Looks like Kepa is going on loan to Napoli

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tbh, would suit him to not have to play every week and to get a CL swan song. he wouldn’t cost that much with a year left and no resale value. 
selling him and kasper knocks 270k of the wages 

what have I missed ???

Relegation for Leicester