Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, sdb said:

Ben Foster. Wtf are we thinking of that's true. I reckon our recruitment team fill their baguettes with a slice of Hovis, if you get my brilliant analogy. 

You've got an hour to find us a better option for 3rd choice keeper on low wages who was still making top class saves in the Premier League last season...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You've got an hour to find us a better option for 3rd choice keeper on low wages who was still making top class saves in the Premier League last season...

Done. We use what we've got. They can bring their dad's in if they need to talk to an old bloke at training. We can hire a homeless bloke to pick the cones and bibs up and do our bit for society. Hell, we hire tim flowers or ian walker for 100k a year to talk to them if they need a top flight keeper to talk to to.

Saved the club millions on position that doesn't need to exist, at all, ever.

• Haha 3

Considering Ward gets injured enough without playing, it probably is a wise move for us to have an established third choice.

It would be so Leicester to start the season with just 2 senior keepers and both get injured within 3 games.

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

His agent will have offered him to us, we said no.

I’d have taken him. Solid goal keeper and great lad by all accounts. Would have been good for the young players to have a top pro in the side having just lost one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

I’d have taken him. Solid goal keeper and great lad by all accounts. Would have been good for the young players to have a top pro in the side having just lost one. 

I agree, but he does have a mistake in him nowadays. He would also have commanded a big wage, I'd have thought. And we don't want to be bringing in a fringe player on big wages.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

It's not about being better it's about reducing the wage bill. Foster was on 50% higher wages than jakupovic at Watford, we need to be going for a low key player instead who is willing to go for 15-20k a week.

2 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Who is lcfc foxxy? First time I’ve heard of them, are they reliable?

They have been pretty good when it comes to youth players

Not really sure when it comes to anything regarding the first team though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of you don't understand the nature of backup goalkeepers. They aren't given games at the expense of the #1 and challenging for #1 isn't something that really happens either. So the backup keeper is going to be a guy like Hamer who came from League One so no one expected him to magically be Premier League standard knowing he needed Kasper to go down to get an opportunity that had him jump 2 leagues. Or a Schwarzer who is infinite years old and understands he's there if he's needed.

So really this is Iverson's chance or he should go out on loan. It's a ceiling to his career here if he sits. Or this is Ward's Hamer-esque opportunity the he's good enough when the better guy is now gone.

As for buying a #3, Ben Foster isn't actually that far off. The guy is 39 without a club with a more than adequate career. The question is is would he be coming to sit behind our non-established #1s or actually be competing with them? If the guy wants to play why would be come to our circus?

It doesn't end well when the keepers nor the club violate the pecking order.

Well it’s time for Brendan to back up his claims that we had “two number 1’s”. 

Would be happy to have Ben Foster around the club. He mentioned on his podcast he’d like something close to the midlands and isn’t fussed about being a number 1. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Well it’s time for Brendan to back up his claims that we had “two number 1’s”. 

Would be happy to have Ben Foster around the club. He mentioned on his podcast he’d like something close to the midlands and isn’t fussed about being a number 1. 

A podcast too? I was only aware of his cycling GK youtube channel. Because if he comes I guess I"m going to be subscribing to them...

One of the tabloids the other week said it was a distraction at Watford.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

So people like the idea of giving Iverson a chance, but not the idea of buying a backup keeper. 

We've got Ward and Iversen. Then pick your lot from a million goalkeepers in the 23s/18s.

Signing a keeper, 1st or 2nd choice  now would be dumb unless we're planning to sell one this summer as well.

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

A podcast too? I was only aware of his cycling GK youtube channel. Because if he comes I guess I"m going to be subscribing to them...

One of the tabloids the other week said it was a distraction at Watford.

Apparently their CEO had asked him to stop doing his Vlogs and other stuff as it looked unprofessional especially during the middle of a relegation battle. 

Look for “fozcast” on Spotify. 

Edited by Bert

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We've got Ward and Iversen. Then pick your lot from a million goalkeepers in the 23s/18s.

Signing a keeper, 1st or 2nd choice  now would be dumb unless we're planning to sell one this summer as well.

Three basically totally untried keepers at this level. One of which has already been crocked and another who has made a few cockups preseason. Wonderful.