Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s always hard to tell with so much guff around, but I  think

• Wes will go soon for close to 75m
  • Maddison will sign a new contract 
  • Youri on deadline day to Arsenal or Man Utd for about 25m
  • Perez, Vestergaard, Choudury and Praet will also be sold/loaned

I think you're right. But how do we feel forced to sell lil wes when his contract runs till 2027? They should come back in three years.   If we can stand firm it will send a message

• Like 1

I think you're right. But how do we feel forced to sell lil wes when his contract runs till 2027? They should come back in three years.   If we can stand firm it will send a message

Just now, foxinsocks said:

No chance…..player power will influence any deals too and he wants to go - this will get done for around £90m I would expect …..Sunday will be a tell tale sign how close it is if he plays……

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The message is as it has always been, our price or no sale. Not selling means you don`t buy the next Wes, the next Kante, the next Maddison, these are the harsh realities  I think, so to some degree we operate on a tightrope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I just can't see Wes going for less than 85 at this stage. Losing him means mid-table mediocrity while eyeing a true rebuild next summer. That costs extra.

Personally, I think we won't let him go this summer, and will let Chelsea spend this window setting the starting bid for 2023.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

No chance…..player power will influence any deals too and he wants to go - this will get done for around £90m I would expect …..Sunday will be a tell tale sign how close it is if he plays……

And you know he wants to go because? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I just can't see Wes going for less than 85 at this stage. Losing him means mid-table mediocrity while eyeing a true rebuild next summer. That costs extra.

Personally, I think we won't let him go this summer, and will let Chelsea spend this window setting the starting bid for 2023.

Obviously I have no clue, but I could see it either way. It would have to be a big offer, but those suggesting a world record fee for a defender are wide of the mark I feel, there is not enough evidence of that yet, his injury would reduce price some, and he does not have the big club inflation either, so  :dunno:

Would rather he stay anyway the cheeky young man

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The message is as it has always been, our price or no sale. Not selling means you don`t buy the next Wes, the next Kante, the next Maddison, these are the harsh realities  I think, so to some degree we operate on a tightrope.

Think back to when he came to us.  Are you thinking that our repute as a selling or a nonselling club made any difference to him wanting to come... or kante or maheez?

I just think it sends a good message to say no.

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Think back to when he came to us.  Are you thinking that our repute as a selling or a nonselling club made any difference to him wanting to come... or kante or maheez?

I just think it sends a good message to say no.

I absolutely believe our willingness to act as a stepping stone club (As that is clearly the level we are at) helps to get young talent.

And who does saying 'no' send a good message too exactly?

• Like 1

On 03/08/2022 at 11:03, Mike Oxlong said:

There should be a thread for links and sourced news ONLY without having to scroll through everyone’s carefully crafted opinions about what is being reported 

Catch 22? What are the links and sources if not opinion? 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I absolutely believe our willingness to act as a stepping stone club (As that is clearly the level we are at) helps to get young talent.

There is a difference being a place where young players can come, flourish and then make their big move - to a place that people just take the piss out of. We need to have boundaries and get the value we feel is required from players before they move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

There is a difference being a place where young players can come, flourish and then make their big move - to a place that people just take the piss out of. We need to have boundaries and get the value we feel is required from players before they move on. 

Yeah but that is just fan perception and not a real world 'thing', and if clubs take the piss we will just fleece them when they come knocking   :dunno:

But players taking the piss is a thing the media portray, I see nothing Wes has done as anything other than a mischieveous young man with too much time on his hands. The media sets these rhetorics and we need to be careful to take it for what it is, click generation.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mate if we sell Wes for £75 million this close to the window I'll have a heart attack lol

Quick scan of fbref and if we replace him with Maxence Lacroix and Obite N'Dick then i'll be happy :D

The more young french lads we can pack into the team, the quicker we'll win the prem again

• Like 2

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The French press said that we need a replacement before allowing kasper to leave 

that narrative changed. (If it was true)

was it because we needed the cashflow in our wage bill more urgently ref madders and others rather than spending some on a new keeper or perhaps that ward recovered from his injury more quickly than expected. Or perhaps ward demanded he must be allowed to compete to be no 1 

I suspect we knew we we're going to use Iversen / Ward long ago. The press won't know what are plans are, they simply got told Kasper was off. Be very weird to announce we needed a replacement given clubs would then rinse us for the fee.

Players who think they can agitate.

And clubs who think everything is for sale.

I am realistic that sometimes a deal is in our best interest... but in those rare occasions then that's for us to decide.   Its tricky isnt it. But we will not make further progress if our squad is picked off in every window. 

Btw the lask of interest in those we might sell (eg ayoze, somare, praet and soy... let alone vesty) mean we should put a program together to sort them out.

Btw2: i cant believe we turned down an offer to get vesty off our books.

It make me wonder about who makes these calls.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 minute ago, richard123 said:

I suspect we knew we we're going to use Iversen / Ward long ago. The press won't know what are plans are, they simply got told Kasper was off. Be very weird to announce we needed a replacement given clubs would then rinse us for the fee.

I hope you're right.  

But it's no more odd than openly talking about rebuilds and then doing jack shit.  

The whole narrative coming out of the club has been pretty shambolic this year.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, I hope we will stand firm on this one - it has to be more than we sold Maguire for. That funds the purchase of 3-4 new players. I'm sure Fofana wants to go to Chelsea, but I'd just pull him aside and say "Look, if they pay up, you're more than welcome to go. We're not going to accept any lowball offers for you, because we rate you and we value you that highly. Surely you think you're worth more than Harry ****ing Maguire?"

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mate if we sell Wes for £75 million this close to the window I'll have a heart attack lol

Quick scan of fbref and if we replace him with Maxence Lacroix and Obite N'Dick then i'll be happy :D

The more young french lads we can pack into the team, the quicker we'll win the prem again

We won't get him, too expensive for us, think straight 

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oumar Solet too - these Frenchies have some sort of factory

• Like 1

When dinosaurs roamed the Earth and there were only ever 8 colours, life was good

#nowthatswhaticallatransferwindow

Why did they ever get rid of this? Before apps became a big thing and I had paper bets, this is how I checked the scores. Good times.

I don't know how everyone feels but I'm now happy for Wes to go.....but he goes on our terms, that benefits the club and that's all that should matter, and that means maximum fee, when we've located a replacement that we think won't harm the teams strength, and nothing else should be contemplated, and I'm sure the club think this way otherwise someone needs to be fired.