Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Guest Col city fan
15 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

You truly believe we are going to sell Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy, Barnes, Castagne, and Fofana, as really have been linked away or had reported bids in recent weeks/days? 

I don’t think we will sell any this summer, at least not to the clubs they’ve been linked to so far. Maybe Tielemans, if we can find a buyer. The rest of them will be here the rest of this season IMO, some probably on new deals before the year is out.

No, we ARE trying to offload players and we can’t? That was what I was alluding to. 
I suspect that why even names like Fofana and Maddison have come into the frame is because other clubs know we can’t sell those players we actually want to!

Therein lies the problem.

Regarding our ‘big names’ I’d not be shocked if we sold one of them this window. I’d be very very surprised though if we sold more than one of them.

Edited by Col city fan

7 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I think you're right. But how do we feel forced to sell lil wes when his contract runs till 2027? They should come back in three years.   If we can stand firm it will send a message

...if the time is right to sell, we need to take the plunge!!!

If we are being offered £100m for  Fofana right now, we should take it. No point is taking up a stance that undermines our progression just to look tough. There is also a  possibility of a failure to adequately develope or injury, take the opportunity. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the time is right to sell, we need to take the plunge!!!

If we are being offered £100m for  Fofana right now, we should take it. No point is taking up a stance that undermines our progression just to look tough. There is also a  possibility of a failure to adequately develope or injury, take the opportunity. 

Of course you're right if offer 100mil comes in.

But meanwhile a message needs to be sent to players,  agents and clubs 

Edited by foxinsocks

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Of course you're right if offer 100mil comes in.

But meanwhile a message needs to be sent to players,  agents and clubs 

Trouble is, that message will be ‘we won’t sell, so don’t send your prospects here’

...if Tielemans does go, I winder if Rodgers would consider Benrahma to play out wide!!!

I do not class him as an out and out winger and Rodgers seems to like players who are not just a one position.

He hasn't set this league alight but was seen as a potential top player.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Tielemans does go, I winder if Rodgers would consider Benrahma to play out wide!!!

I do not class him as an out and out winger and Rodgers seems to like players who are not just a one position.

He hasn't set this league alight but was seen as a potential top player.

He's a left winger

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a left winger

...have you met Rodgers before, he would play him on the right and use as cover for Barnes!!!

Lookman was only effective on the left but we had him on the right. I would suggest he would come with a heavy price tag which would be more than Lookman would.

He is versatile as well though.

• Haha 1

Just now, happy85 said:

Betis are having issues registering players (basically the same situation as Barca but caused more by the same problem we have of wage:revenue ratio), but I could see him doing real work there playing off of Fekir and Canales.

That said, I think he'd get more play at Celta - him and Iago Aspas as a front two could be really good

On 07/08/2022 at 15:53, Always Next Year said:

After that brain fart by Rodgers today he needs to put himself on the transfer list.

There's an irony to your whole post....

Who pays for BR's transfer?! Always the smallest of minds I guess.