Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If there is any truth in this at all, then I just don't get what the people running the club are doing. Apparently we are struggling with wages to turn over, and yet we are supposed to be offering a 4 year contract worth 20 odd grand a week to a player that will never be a first team player, simply because he isn't good enough to play at this level. Even if we were relegated, it's still arguable whether he would be good enough for the championship too.

If he’s already on 15k then it’s not to dramatic a rise to the wage bill if we rate him highly, will go on loan and have 10/15k a week covered by a championship team hopefully. 

It's staggering what we are doing. £25k is massive for a player of Hirst's stature in the game and if he doesn't make it at Championship level then we will owe him a further £3m if you consider him probably earning £5-10k max a week in the lower leagues. Surely any new deal would be a tiered incentive contract, I.e he starts on £15k a week but if he excels in the Championship next season then he gets a pay rise to £25k a week for the remainder of his deal, knowing at worst case that should we sell him permanently on those wages another Championship club wouldn't necessarily baulk at that price.

• Like 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Joined March 2022, 11k followers. Good chance that there is no "David Kent" and it's a 15 year old in his bedroom. 

I wouldn't stress it. 

If this guy is right though, he does say including bonuses and achievements - so I wonder if part of that is if he breaks into the first team properly, or scoring a certain amount of goals etc., that he earns that money, rather than straight upon signing a contract. 

I only posted because it seems like such a weird and low traction rumour to make up, no idea if he is reliable or not, but it’s a very weird story to make up if you’re putting out fake transfer stories to try and be popular on twitter 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People said the same about Bassey, who just signed for Ajax for 20m.

What would you be saying if we offer 15k, Blackburn offers 25k, he goes to the Championship and carries on his form from the last 6 months, scores 20 goals and gets sold for 10m to the PL? 

Player recruitment and retention choices are all gambles.

How do we know that figure is right or is not all performance-based?

What is ludicrous is the reactions of fans to some random on the net. 

Yes I would. Hirst will never play for us in my opinion and we cannot keep every player INCASE they become valuable. It’s just nuts. One example does not prove the rule. 

• Like 1

I guess with Hirst just like Hamza, Brunt & anyone else going out on loan the club is using the business model of the Risk/Reward ratio strategy.

These players go out & have a good loan period the loaning team would probably want the player to join permanently the additional contract years push the price up & we end up with a quick profit turn around in the £m's & not £k's
Obviously comes at a risk of player flunking & no one wanting after the loan & club stuck with wages to cover but these aren't 3rd division players these are players with something about them, Hamza for example will add a few £m to his value after loan if not picked up by Watford i'd imagine his all action performances will attract other clubs within Champions or lower end Prem its a quick win for the club for a player that would walk away at the end of the season.
Good example presented by @coolhandfox & the up roar it creates when players leave for free.

In a similar fashion i'm reading that Chelsea Todd Boehly is wanting to adopt the US model of 6/7yr contracts (almost force) on any player U25, whether any player would agree would need to be seen but if it comes off the Club will future proof profits not only on any existing stars currently in starting 11 but also for those players that haven't cemented or even played in 1st 11 but will have years on contracts & the famed Top 6 'trained' tax put on them keeping max potential revenue

It's Business not Football

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes I would. Hirst will never play for us in my opinion and we cannot keep every player INCASE they become valuable. It’s just nuts. One example does not prove the rule. 

Who said he would, neither did Sowah before we sold him for 8m. 

We don't keep every player we release players every year at the end of their contracts. 

We need the academy to produce players to sell as much as producing players for the first team. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Joined March 2022, 11k followers. Good chance that there is no "David Kent" and it's a 15 year old in his bedroom. 

I wouldn't stress it. 

If this guy is right though, he does say including bonuses and achievements - so I wonder if part of that is if he breaks into the first team properly, or scoring a certain amount of goals etc., that he earns that money, rather than straight upon signing a contract. 

SOME OF THE CLAIMS WILL BE FALSE

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who said he would, neither did Sowah before we sold him for 8m. 

We don't keep every player we release players every year at the end of their contracts. 

We need the academy to produce players to sell as much as producing players for the first team. 

Yes and I can understand that model, but we are in a pickle with wages etc and £25k a week is excessive in my opinion. £1.3 million a year. 

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

No idea if he is reliable: 

Wouldn't surprise me if it is true. 

Know the jump Chilwell had and certain other youth teamers who are now first teamers have had... granted he hasn't made first team appearances for us but yeah... 

Adding to this, I know a few first teamers at championship, L1 and L2 level and the money they're on this is believable. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's staggering what we are doing. £25k is massive for a player of Hirst's stature in the game and if he doesn't make it at Championship level then we will owe him a further £3m if you consider him probably earning £5-10k max a week in the lower leagues. Surely any new deal would be a tiered incentive contract, I.e he starts on £15k a week but if he excels in the Championship next season then he gets a pay rise to £25k a week for the remainder of his deal, knowing at worst case that should we sell him permanently on those wages another Championship club wouldn't necessarily baulk at that price.

You're not getting £5k at a league one club either. 

This is like some kind of football manager strategy. Just get rid and slap a sell on clause in there.

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

You're not getting £5k at a league one club either. 

This is like some kind of football manager strategy. Just get rid and slap a sell on clause in there.

£7.5k L1.. said person is anyway. 

Had a half decent signing on fee chunk too. 

That's not to mention Salford throwing stupid money about. Even Wrexham in the National League are. 

Wrexham were offering more than L1 clubs to go and play in the National League. 

It's actually stupid money what footballers are on isn't it 

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Know the jump Chilwell had and certain other youth teamers who are now first teamers have had... granted he hasn't made first team appearances for us but yeah... 

Adding to this, I know a few first teamers at championship, L1 and L2 level and the money they're on this is believable. 

He has played for us hasnt he?

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know that players in L1 generally earn around 100k/annum max. I’m aware that the captain of a club that was recently in the championship was earning this level of money. If we’re proposing to pay Hirst more than 5k/week basic at his age and experience then we’ve lost our marbles (and we’re presumably only doing it on the expectations that someone will pay us 750k/1m for him within the next couple of seasons. 

• Like 1