Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know that players in L1 generally earn around 100k/annum max. I’m aware that the captain of a club that was recently in the championship was earning this level of money. If we’re proposing to pay Hirst more than 5k/week basic at his age and experience then we’ve lost our marbles (and we’re presumably only doing it on the expectations that someone will pay us 750k/1m for him within the next couple of seasons. 

My friend who played in the championship had two contracts at different teams around the 10k mark. 10 to 15 years ago.

Most teams give young players decent contracts to keep them in the hope of selling for a fee down the line.

35 minutes ago, slymunn said:

My friend who played in the championship had two contracts at different teams around the 10k mark. 10 to 15 years ago.

Most teams give young players decent contracts to keep them in the hope of selling for a fee down the line.

That would surely have been at a decent sized club (or one that had been in the champ for a number of seasons) 

not many of those in league 1 once you’ve taken out sheff wed, derby, Portsmouth, Ipswich and perhaps charlton 

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

No idea if he is reliable: 

It's most likely BS like all transfer rumours are on Twitter, but I have to take my hat off to Hirst if he's managed that, especially given his record at Championship level.

32 matches for Rotherham in 2020/21, zero goals :whistle:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

£7.5k L1.. said person is anyway. 

Had a half decent signing on fee chunk too. 

That's not to mention Salford throwing stupid money about. Even Wrexham in the National League are. 

Wrexham were offering more than L1 clubs to go and play in the National League. 

It's actually stupid money what footballers are on isn't it 

I was going to qualify that and say the majority of players, being signed at that level (which is key) are probs £2-4k. But then you have so many bigger clubs at that level who can afford £5k on squad players and still pay first team players over £10k.

Wrexham is crazy, especially the type of player they get too.

Lots of my family are Gillingham fans so I follow them pretty closely and the difference between their wage budget and the top teams in league 1 last year was mental. People think it's bad in the Prem for being a closed shop. There's no way Sunderland shouldn't have got promoted first season with a record points total when they had a wage budget probably 10-15 times that of the bottom team.

Your guy must be pretty pleased with that lol

If only wed spent more time kicking a bag of air around as kids, life would be pretty cushy now.

• Like 1

Some extremely dubious twitter accounts linking us with Jacob Greaves, Young English cb who recently rejected a new contract at Hull: 

“URGENT: Leicester City are interested in Hull City centre-back Jacob Greaves as they anticipate Fofna's departure. He could move for £15 million. Previously wanted by West Ham in January. #LCFC #HCAFC #WHUFC”

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Some extremely dubious twitter accounts linking us with Jacob Greaves, Young English cb who recently rejected a new contract at Hull: 

“URGENT: Leicester City are interested in Hull City centre-back Jacob Greaves as they anticipate Fofna's departure. He could move for £15 million. Previously wanted by West Ham in January. #LCFC #HCAFC #WHUFC”

Any good? Not really heard of him 

15 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

That’s more like it

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s more like it

He looks to be a front foot defender, most clips I see are of the ball on the deck so not not sure about him in the air… looks comfortable on the ball too and surprisingly quick.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Nobody going to say anything about the fact that the twitter user who posted this looks to be approximately 7 years old? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He looks to be a front foot defender, most clips I see are of the ball on the deck so not not sure about him in the air… looks comfortable on the ball too and surprisingly quick.

Won 68.6% of aerials duels last season

Evans won 74.6% (which was 9th highest in the league)

So looks to be pretty decent

48 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

the hull fans thought he was leaving for boro earlier in the window. They were disappointed but not distraught… they seemed to think 8m would have been fair … seems unlikely that he’d be good enough if that’s the feeling in his own camp. 

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'd be all in favour of recruiting from the Championship tbh. Don't know much about Greaves but as Ric says, Cabango is a good player and I'm still hoping we're in for Josh Bowler. 

Definitely. The likes of thos fella, Bowler and say Garner are exactly the profile of player that's served us well in the past. 

• Like 1