Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, January48 said:

I watched QPR Blackpool last night. Bowler did a couple of nice things first half and took his goal well. Good technical player but not very quick. Might do better in a better team

The one who did take my eye was the Blackpool centre half, Ekpiteta. Best player on the pitch and got man of the match. I'd never heard of him so looked him up. Blackpool player of the season last year. He's nearly 27 but spent a long time in non-league....Matt Elliott anyone.

Played like he had to win every ball and threw himself to block everything as well as having pace and reasonable ability on the ball. Sometimes think these players have more desire than those coming from Academies who are millionaires before they play in the first team.

The problem is that if we bought him, we’d probably make him a millionaire before he played a game for us ……….  I was also impressed btw 

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We would pay him that salary (but the 10% annual rises are codswallop btw - in four years he would be on 75k - jeez doesn’t even cover inflation! ! 

So less than Dennis Praet's current wage?

Just now, LFox99 said:

very much so

Shame as it's clear Rodgers very much follows through when making tactical changes when we have the lead in a match.  

I just don't buy this it reeks of Brendan BS.  So you really had no idea of the situation regards players coming in whilst on holiday and making all these calls to persuade players to come here?

In that case terrible comms by the club to our manager.    

I suspect he spent the summer scribbling maniacally in a tiny note book about how he's the best at all sports and how he will soon be the king of all England.  

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Shame as it's clear Rodgers very much follows through when making tactical changes when we have the lead in a match.  

I just don't buy this it reeks of Brendan BS.  So you really had no idea of the situation regards players coming in whilst on holiday and making all these calls to persuade players to come here?

In that case terrible comms by the club to our manager.    

I suspect he spent the summer scribbling maniacally in a tiny note book about how he's the best at all sports and how he will soon be the king of all England.  

image.png.551ce20d9e1dee54a3dce4dcc1ca36d0.pngimage.png.682517df6614f35ba44a07906ea85fb8.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

If he’s speaking to players then surely means we’d got permission too/had bids accepted? 

Brendan is hardly gonna do the bidding

But he will have had permission to speak to players and convince them of our project

Its only when it actually came to putting money on the table that our board seems to have decided we can't afford any of it

Just now, taupe said:

So Rodgers has been tapping players up ;)

I'm guessing the players he talked to would've been given permission to talk to him because Brendan directly talking to players could actually get us into deep shit if protocol wasn't followed

Seems like there's something seriously amiss here - either a complete lack of trust in BR and this is a deliberate attempt to drive him away (as a cheaper option than sacking him) or there has been a sudden and dramatic change in the club's financial position.

6 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Seems like there's something seriously amiss here - either a complete lack of trust in BR and this is a deliberate attempt to drive him away (as a cheaper option than sacking him) or there has been a sudden and dramatic change in the club's financial position.

I don't read it like that. Situations change and perhaps there was an optimistic take initially, one that didn't pan out quite as hoped. BR might have operating under that initial impression. Consider it a managerial equivalent of kicking tyres.

13 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Or the club thought were naive in thinking they could get sell some of their experienced players who aren't part of BR's plans and when it became apparent it was harder than initially thought, they pivoted to the current position. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Or they are trying to run thing’s sustainably and don’t want to fall foul of the FFP limits about to come into force. Assuming also the club thought they’d be able to move a few players on. All plans now in tatters etc.  

But I guess it could be anything, your imagination is the limit but we ultimately don’t know anything and it’s all guess work.