Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

34 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'm a moroccan i can tell you all about him. He's a very good player on his day. Sampaoli limited him last year but he played both as a cutting in right winger and left winger. Given his limited role he didn't do bad at all. However, he has had some issues with attitude problems in the past. It's a French born thing. Just like fofana and rabiot. I reckon he'd do well here. But I'd be concerned if he's expected to be the "madueke type". He was naturally a cam. He's best at cutting inside. In 12 starts he had 4 goals and assists at Marseille. I'd take him for the right deal, but he isn't going to be our savior alone. Our issues are really with the fact we can't offload bad contracts and Rodgers' incompetence. A very good squad player though. Under a good manager he could do wonders. A bargain as well. 

Cheers for the insight mate, like you say if the deal was right then yeah bring him in, we are so limited out wide it’s laughable. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

really worried that this is where we’re at. 

He’s a player who averaged a goal contribution once every 4 games from attacking mid… which isn’t good enough imo.

but there could be some truth, why? 1, because he can also play on either wing. 2, he’s tall which we’ve said we’d look for. 3 he went on loan to marseille which means he’d probably be available for a loan to buy bargain basement option.  Which we have lapped up in the last few seasons. 

I’m not impressed but this could have legs 

How is a goal contribution once in four games not good enough? That’s better than most of our current team! 

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The club will be making enquiries about players available in preparation encase a player leaves.

They will be doing lots of footwork now, in the event of Youri leaving.

It's called being proactive rather then reactive.

oh yeah, the lasttime we were proactive and prepared we bought bertrand and vertergaard. (sarcasm)

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

And people think Newcastle weren’t anywhere near our level still. They’ll finish miles above us. 

How many of their team gets into our team?

They absolutely should be finishing beneath us but they won't because they're well run, have the backing of their supporters, have a manager that is focussed and knows what it's doing and a squad full of confidence.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

And people think Newcastle weren’t anywhere near our level still. They’ll finish miles above us. 

Didn't people say that about Villa last season?

You may well be right, but 3 games is a very small sample size to make a real judgement. 

Everton were 6th after 3 games and Arsenal was 20th last season 

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't people say that about Villa last season?

You may well be right, but 3 games is a very small sample size to make a real judgement. 

Everton were 6th after 3 games and Arsenal was 20th last season 

I don’t see any trajectory but upwards given the amount of backing and unilateral support they have. Isak is a game changer. 

38 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I don’t see any trajectory but upwards given the amount of backing and unilateral support they have. Isak is a game changer. 

There is a good chance they are, but as Everton have shown with 500m spent in recent times it's not that easy. 

Not convinced by Isak as yet, he had a very average season last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattTheOldFox said:

How is a goal contribution once in four games not good enough? That’s better than most of our current team! 

For starters, when translating from certain leagues you’ve got to downgrade that. Ghezzal would have had similar numbers in france

Would you genuinely be happy with barnes only getting an assist or goal every 4 games? That’s the amount he got in his first season for us where he was heavily criticized. 

since then he’s been getting a contribution every 2 games on average.  That’s the standard we want competition for. 

In ayoze perez’s first season, one where we felt he wasn’t good enough, even he still had a better goal contribution than 1 in 3. so 1 in 4 is not good. 

Now i’m not saying that tells the full story on a player but it’s not great reading. 

Edited by Lambert09

31 minutes ago, Simoken said:

so much jealousy over Newcastle lol. im afraid PL is slow by surely only good for the mega rich clubs, LCFC need to get bigdick attitude if we wanna remain fighting in good spots..

Just go back to the Championship and have some actual fun.