Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Southampton broke the Premier League record on Saturday I believe with 5 double barreled surnames in one starting XI:

Walker-Peters

Bella-Kothcap

Caleta-Car

Ward-Prowse

Maitland-Niles 

lol 

Is this genuine? If so, fair play.

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

To be fair the whole league will be like that in 20 years. 

Less people getting married/more people getting divorced.

Just look at some of the names in u23 football lol 

Taking both parents’ last names is a standard practice in many countries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stu said:

Left back, I'd not heard of him either.

....so, looking to bring someone into a position we do not need!!!

Get an RW in, what is so difficult to put that on the agenda? We look at every position apart from the right. What is it that makes Rodgers so blind to fill this void?

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Get an RW in, what is so difficult to put that on the agenda? We look at every position apart from the right. What is it that makes Rodgers so blind to fill this void?

Makes you wonder if Ricky P isn’t going to recover sufficiently… Thomas seems to be in and out of favour and There were rumours Castagne wanted out last season… one or two could be on their way…  talk of us being after the German chap resurfaced recently too..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

To be fair the whole league will be like that in 20 years. 

Less people getting married/more people getting divorced.

Just look at some of the names in u23 football lol 

Just imagine when parents with double barrel surnames have children, there's going to be some huge quadruple barrel surnames. They'll probably start using nicknames on shirts like they do for South Americans. 

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I disagree - we could definitely do with a left footed full-back. Thomas needs a loan move to play regular football. 

Also, no one is getting ahead of Maddison at RW atm. 

12 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

I disagree - we could definitely do with a left footed full-back. Thomas needs a loan move to play regular football. 

Agree with the full back, though I think Justin is better on the left than on the right.

As for Madders, he plays right side but not as a winger - he's much more narrow and moves in centrally when the full back (castagne) overlaps... We still need a right sided wide forward all day long so Madders can take up a more central position and roam freely.

• Like 4

Just now, Nick said:

Agree with the full back, though I think Justin is better on the left than on the right.

As for Madders, he plays right side but not as a winger - he's much more narrow and moves in centrally when the full back (castagne) overlaps... We still need a right sided wide forward all day long so Madders can take up a more central position and roam freely.

Yeah totally agree. What I meant more was that it's not as much of an issue now we have this current midfield make up, but we definitely need one as an option at the very least. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedmcl said:

...Maddison is not playing RW, he is in the half spaces and drifting inside!!!

Put him Central in the #10 position and he would be influencing even more. That right side needs someone to stretch defences to have a threat either side and give Maddison more options.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Maddisin is not playing RW, he is in the half spaces and drifting inside!!!

Put him Central in the #10 position and he would be influencing even more. That right side needs someone to stretch defences to have a threat either side and give Maddison more options.

He's not playing as a traditional RW, but he is lining up there. 

I'm not sure who you're taking out of the midfield 3 either to put a right winger in and move Maddison central. 

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....@Nick said the same thing and you agreed with his post, just what changed between posts!!!

Nothing? Just basically think that we could bring a right winger in and that they wouldn't necessarily be a starter as Maddison is playing really well on that side, and I don't know who you'd take out of the middle 3 to accommodate, but yeah we could do with one as an option to stretch defences like you say. 

I did say that to Nick too. 

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arda Güler is an astonishing talent, he's not 18 until later this year though so any discussions would be to join in the summer at the earliest. 

I know it’s good to pickup young talent , but we need seasoned 1st graders now or we will end up in the championship sooner rather than later