Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

This farcical attempt to sign a winger just compounds the massive mistake in the summer of not making Lookman a permanent signing for just £14 million.

If we do manage to get one of these signings over the line we'll end up paying double what we could have got Lookman for. It's no wonder were struggling with financially with FFP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trooky said:

This farcical attempt to sign a winger just compounds the massive mistake in the summer of not making Lookman a permanent signing for just £14 million.

If we do manage to get one of these signings over the line we'll end up paying double what we could have got Lookman for. It's no wonder were struggling with financially with FFP.

That ‘massive mistake’ is down to the owners. Player wanted to come, Rodgers wanted him, fee & terms were agreed. Top pulled the plug. Simple.

[*awaits ban for criticising owners*]

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

That ‘massive mistake’ is down to the owners. Player wanted to come, Rodgers wanted him, fee & terms were agreed. Top pulled the plug. Simple.

Is this common knowledge and actually true or just more he said she said? 

10 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Was under the impression we couldn't afford it?

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Was under the impression we couldn't afford it?

Correct, Top said quite clearly in the summer our incoming transfers were dependent on outgoing transfers. Nobody went out in time, it’s as simple as that. Players aren’t going to wait around for ever. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Is this common knowledge and actually true or just more he said she said? 

We will never know for sure, but someone on these forums whose kid was a big Lookman fan asked the player directly at the end of the season and he said he was going to be at Leicester! So it seemed like he had agreed personal terms, but the deal fell through.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We will never know for sure, but someone on these forums whose kid was a big Lookman fan asked the player directly at the end of the season and he said he was going to be at Leicester! So it seemed like he had agreed personal terms, but the deal fell through.

so sounds like we didnt have the money, then that's fair enough. Not a lot you can do other than going into debt. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, monsell fox said:

I’d love to see him here ,very similar player to mahrez ,maybe we could do a loan deal but I’d be very surprised if he came here 

He has been strongly linked with Everton, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we could be in the mix too.

40 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

At a time when the club are trying to lower the wage bill I highly doubt signing a Chelsea player on loan will happen. What’s he on? £100k+ I’d imagine. 

Well maybe we can shift 1 or 2 players on and hope chelsea would subsidise some of the wages 

14 minutes ago, monsell fox said:

Well maybe we can shift 1 or 2 players on and hope chelsea would subsidise some of the wages 

It’s the 27th and no one has left yet so I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

No one wants the players that we don’t want because they’re crap and over paid. This club is in a state. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Correct, Top said quite clearly in the summer our incoming transfers were dependent on outgoing transfers. Nobody went out in time, it’s as simple as that. Players aren’t going to wait around for ever. 

And I don't disagree with this either. But we know Rodgers had lined up a few signings (Lookman and one of Gakpo or Madueke among them) before Top intervened and moved the goalposts

21 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

And I don't disagree with this either. But we know Rodgers had lined up a few signings (Lookman and one of Gakpo or Madueke among them) before Top intervened and moved the goalposts

its his club and his money. If he was lead to believe that players were moving on and they didnt then that would be the reason the plug had to be pulled. 

We were / still are boardline with FFP and a club our size has to care about that unlike the likes of man city, psg, chelsea etc. who jsut seem to pay the fines. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

So what you're saying is he lies to children. 

Obviously a dodgy character. 

Dodged a bullet. 

• Haha 1