Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who said he intervened? 

Feel free to describe the moving of the goalposts however you like. Rodgers had thought that Lookman, CDK and one or two others were lined up as almost done, then told what he was told. I'm not blaming anyone, just recounting what happened

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

That sounds like Harrison then, plus souttar or the other CB just mentioned today.

Seems interesting if Leeds haven’t rejected our £20m offer yet. Would fit the bill and if he is attainable at that price wouldn’t be against him as a rotation option across all those forward positions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Seems interesting if Leeds haven’t rejected our £20m offer yet. Would fit the bill and if he is attainable at that price wouldn’t be against him as a rotation option across all those forward positions 

I agree with that and I think he'd slot into that area of the pitch really well.

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Jeez, I hope not otherwise we'd be buying another KDH from what I've heard about him which imo would be pointless.

Yeah, agree that he wouldn't be my first choice but I just can't see us splashing out the sort of fee that's been mentioned for Harrison given that after the Souttar deal we'll have spent quite a bit this window by our standards. Also assuming Tete and Barnes are pretty much nailed on starters it looks like any other winger will be cover rather than a starter so I think Kent probably fits the bill. Hope I'm wrong, but having said that if it is just as a backup and the fee is reasonable I won't be too disappointed as we've had a decent window. 

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I remember the thing on Teletext where they had a phone number for each club with transfer gossip. Think it was call ClubCall or something like that. When I was a kid I got a massive bollocking from my parents when the phone bill arrived, as I was calling every day at £1 a minute to find out the latest news lol

Ha that ClubCall thing was a right old rip off. Spent expensive minutes on introductions before snippets of blah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Remember the days of Teletext where it was the only way of finding out about anything Leicester related?

You'd refresh page 301, or whatever it was, and find out we'd signed someone on the day completely out of the blue. 

All the weeks/months/years of groundwork  that we get ridiculous amounts of detail and sometimes false hope with now just happened in the background in the 90s not bothering anyone.

Now it seems with Twitter, ITKs, agents, flight tracking etc a transfer well and truly puts you through the ringer doesn't it? 

I'm old enough to remember sitting at Filbert Street and watching us get knocked out of the FA Cup by a player SIGNED via Teletext.

Imagine explaining that one to your grandkids.