Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

51 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That would be an interesting move given that he's been the best of those three players this season.

I wouldn’t necessarily go that far, Mendy has only started 4 league games this season after all so had to badge him as “the best” with that little football. Mendys had years here to prove he’s good enough and we can’t be handing him expensive contract extensions on the basis of a handful of a few good appearances. I don’t dislike him, but it’s never really worked out. That being said I would love soumare on too, he’s just not a player that has a position in our team. I love Ndidi but it could be time to let him go too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

That would be an interesting move given that he's been the best of those three players this season.

So all the top work Ndidi has done over the years gets forgotten about over a soon-to-be 31 year old who has had a few good games over a longer stint at the club? Given how some of our fans spew if we're ever linked to anybody over the age of 26 with no re-sale value, im astounded by how many people suddenly want us to tie him down to a longer deal. Probably the same ones that moan now that Rodgers was handed a long term extension 4 years ago lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stinky said:

So all the top work Ndidi has done over the years gets forgotten about over a soon-to-be 31 year old who has had a few good games over a longer stint at the club? Given how some of our fans spew if we're ever linked to anybody over the age of 26 with no re-sale value, im astounded by how many people suddenly want us to tie him down to a longer deal. Probably the same ones that moan now that Rodgers was handed a long term extension 4 years ago lol

Ndidi has been wank since 2020 mate, its time to cut loose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ndidi has been wank since 2020 mate, its time to cut loose

Yes I'm aware he's not been great while being told to play a way that doesn't suit him, and while most of our fans want a manager change which might actually benefit the guy (remember we used to the call him the best defensive midfielder in the WORLD?), suddenly we'd prefer to keep the guy who's had one great game in 7 years. I don't get it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Yes I'm aware he's not been great while being told to play a way that doesn't suit him, and while most of our fans want a manager change which might actually benefit the guy (remember we used to the call him the best defensive midfielder in the WORLD?), suddenly we'd prefer to keep the guy who's had one great game in 7 years. I don't get it. 

This is something that I really don’t agree with. I cannot see how his role has changed at all, he’s just got worse at it. And even if he had been asked to play differently (I’m assuming you mean Rodger’s has asked him to play more progressively) then that still wouldn’t affect his ability to tackle, intercept or track runners, he’s just been far less effective at those things. When Ndidis in the side he’s asked to win the ball back and play it off to the better passers.

17 hours ago, Dusty said:

I wouldn’t necessarily go that far, Mendy has only started 4 league games this season after all so had to badge him as “the best” with that little football. Mendys had years here to prove he’s good enough and we can’t be handing him expensive contract extensions on the basis of a handful of a few good appearances. I don’t dislike him, but it’s never really worked out. That being said I would love soumare on too, he’s just not a player that has a position in our team. I love Ndidi but it could be time to let him go too. 

You're forgetting the Rodgers factor in your musings. Had we a manager with the attributes necessary to fine tune his team, to make objective decisions as to who to select and to make effective substitutions, you might see the players respond positively.

Rodgers can certainly talk the talk, but he's missing when it comes to walking the walk.

28 minutes ago, gerblod said:

You're forgetting the Rodgers factor in your musings. Had we a manager with the attributes necessary to fine tune his team, to make objective decisions as to who to select and to make effective substitutions, you might see the players respond positively.

Rodgers can certainly talk the talk, but he's missing when it comes to walking the walk.

It’s probably my misunderstanding but I don’t see how this relates to my post? 

13 hours ago, Sly said:

nico isn’t always the most reliable but at least with italian transfers he clearly gets a bit of info.

Either he’s smart enough to know that we nabbed southamptons scout or there’s a good chance there’s legs in this. It’s quite common place to continue working off of the people your previous scout looked into a few windows after they’ve left as the rest of the team would have been monitoring his targets for a long while. 

I wonder why southampton didn’t want to go above €11m, not exactly much. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He said before he wants to back to Sheffield United to end his career, although that could be a couple years from now as he's only 32.

Perfect timing surely - back in prem but not sure how it would work in terms of signing him… maybe a loan?