Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Don't get us excited. I just fail believe he'd come to us over a Brighton, Brentford or Fulham for exmaple. 

Surely a prem team will bid for him in the summer. 

Where does he go and start though… Big nige might be giving him some good advice 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Where does he go and start though… Big nige might be giving him some good advice 

It's a fair point mate! Would be the best Maddison replacement we can get imo and he's homegrown. 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ronnie Edwards would be so good - him, Greaves and Souttar would be some Susan options. And we can start to bin golden ticket winners like Faes

I get this line of thinking, but I think we are going to end up with players that are in the Dwight Gayle category... too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League. I have a feeling Faes will be one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I get this line of thinking, but I think we are going to end up with players that are in the Dwight Gayle category... too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League. I have a feeling Faes will be one of them.

Na he's rough am afraid, the flight of the ball will be the same in the npower as it was in the Premier League and the man simply cannot read it.

Edwards i've already said we will sign, think it's nailed on.

Scott is dreamland quite frankly, Pep wanked himself into oblivion waxing lyrical about him last year, the kids next move is top 4 prem, no lower!

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do wonder if we'll be viewed as a club that should never be in the Championship, with exceptional facilities and an obvious step ladder move. I hope so. We could clear up on a handful of players that should we get promoted, have that base squad value that enables you to grow.

I get that fully, we’re an attractive option I’m just not sure about what kinda money we can spend 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Scott is dreamland quite frankly, Pep wanked himself into oblivion waxing lyrical about him last year, the kids next move is top 4 prem, no lower!

Edwards, is he any good?

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

What makes you feel so convinced? Will help the fact he won’t have to relocate! 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Few rumours on twitter saying we’ve approached Graham Potter again.

i would be very very surprised if we convince him to drop down to the champ…

That would send out a massive statement to the rest of the league. 

I think he'd attract quality players too and possibly tempt one or two that are thinking of potentially leaving into staying. His Brighton side used to play some brilliant football at times. 

They also recruited really well! 

Just now, lee7 said:

That would send out a massive statement to the rest of the league. 

I think he'd attract quality players too and possibly tempt one or two that are thinking of potentially leaving into staying. His Brighton side used to play some brilliant football at times. 

They also recruited really well! 

agree completely. It would actually give me hope for an instant return to the prem.

• Like 2

Getting Potter would signify we are still an attractive club, that we continue to have ambition and that the malaise of the incredibly poor decisions we've seen over the last 2 years may be on the wane. 

He'd attract good players and signify our intent of a leap straight back to the Premier League. 

It's difficult to see him coming but good that we have identified someone with the right credentials and that we are going for it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzell said:

Edwards, is he any good?

I think so, been very impressed with him this season and in his England youth games. Especially as he joined up straight after the play offs. The fact England allowed him extra time and then started him every game as soon as he arrived says it all really. 

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What makes you feel so convinced? Will help the fact he won’t have to relocate! 

I’d probably relocate from Peterborough to be fair lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ha that might be hyperbole, but that sort of combination should be way too good for the Championship.

What might get us this season is that most teams are going to sit back against us and try and play on the break. So creative players are going to be very important, because I see a lot of Puel esque side-to-side football regardless of the manager we have because we could have games with 70%+ possession. Players like Chair, Scott, Osorio maybe if we get him will be needed to break the deep blocks because with Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes all going, we are down to the fullbacks for creativity, and it's not enough.

I think we need a marquee centre mid / attacking mid player to replace Maddison. Alex Scott would be the obvious candidate, but who else is there? Could we bring someone who is more box-to-box in instead?

As well, not instead! We'll need a minimum of 3 ACMs this summer to cover the 8 & 10 roles...