Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Maybe a small thing, but he’s not long spent a fortune doing his house up in Widnes. That was part of his desire to be at Everton. Can’t see him wanting to commute - not that it’s a big deal on their salaries, aside from the inconvenience. 🤷

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Coady was an England squad member not that long ago. He’s more than good enough for the Championship and a promotion push. Hopefully the fact we are local to his West Midlands home and we are seen externally as a favourite to get straight back up should swing it. 

I think he would be a good signing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Coady and Cairney would be good for the Championship. Then you’ve got experience and leadership in defence and midfield, our 4 cbs would be Faes, Souttar, Evans and Coady. 

But after two signings like that I’d only want us to sign 20-24 year olds with resale value to develop. 

But we 100% need leaders. Our best leader was Schmeichel. The team looked lost without him. 

Those two mentioned would hopefully go a long way to a more balanced squad.

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

I would like Ronnie Edwards in. 

If Evans is not renewing, then Coady is a sensible signing.

Due to absence of genuine wingers, we may end up playing 3 centre backs; I suppose. Depends on new manager and who we sign.

Not sure if Coady has been captain at previous clubs or has much leadership, but we definitely need a near on ever-present who has some leadership about them. Maybe he's the man.

Captain at Wolves wasn't he? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Isnt he only good in a 3 at the back formation? So wouldn't this depend on the style the new manager will be playing?

We lack numbers and quality out wide, so I can see a change of formation in our reset as being an option and will save us money

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

Snap hand off!

100% correct. A leader at the back who can take over from Jonny 'Ouch my heel' Evans, and plug the gap left by Soyuncu. A big character too. Exactly the sort of player we are going to need. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?
  • Like 1

I think my final question would be - how hungry is he? Has he kept himself in tip-top condition? Does he want a run at forcing himself back in to the England side? If he really wants it, then this could suit both parties. 

I conclude that if he's fit and motivated and wants it, then I'm all in on this. Its not taken me long to come to settle on that as my position. Let's do it.

• Like 1