Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Hopefully an away day and hopefully somewhere I've never been such as Cambridge.

Wigan and Barnsley would be good for size of away end.

Cov obviously too, although it's not a great away day, it'd be interesting given we haven't played them in years.

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hopefully an away day and hopefully somewhere I've never been such as Cambridge.

Wigan and Barnsley would be good for size of away end.

Cov obviously too, although it's not a great away day, it'd be interesting given we haven't played them in years.

Barnsley is a great away day- good shout 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Could say the same for Forest and Derby too

They’re all irrelevant 

You could but at least there’s more history involved with those two fixtures, and neither have been absolutely brutalised by terrible ownership. 

It almost feels like bullying participating in a rivalry with Coventry after the decade they’ve had 

2 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

You could but at least there’s more history involved with those two fixtures, and neither have been absolutely brutalised by terrible ownership. 

It almost feels like bullying participating in a rivalry with Coventry after the decade they’ve had 

Derby?

But I see what you’re saying about Cov all the same 

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, FuriousFox46 said:

I know they’re a local rival but it still baffles me that people get this animated about Coventry bloody City. They might as well be Northampton Town to us these days.

This is why it’s all the better imo.

I grew up with Cov and us as basically the same identikit shit, drab, directionless football clubs and they were probably marginally better to begin with, plus they had an FA Cup on us which they wouldn’t shut up about. Like even when we were clearly more upwardly mobile and diverging from them after the takeover, they still used the FA Cup to taunt us whilst we failed to get up and spunked money down the drain.

But now that we’re on a whole different level to them, it’d be ****ing class to turn up at their rugby stadium and let them know that. If we got drawn at home I’d play it at the training ground and offer them all a tour.

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I grew up with Cov and us as basically the same identikit shit, drab, directionless football clubs and they were probably marginally better to begin with, plus they had an FA Cup on us which they wouldn’t shut up about. Like even when we were clearly more upwardly mobile and diverging from them after the takeover, they still used the FA Cup to taunt us whilst we failed to get up and spunked money down the drain.

But now that we’re on a whole different level to them, it’d be ****ing class to turn up at their rugby stadium and let them know that. If we got drawn at home I’d play it at the training ground and offer them all a tour.

We’ve always been on a completely different level?

they have one trophy, we have seven, we had four even before Vichai and Top rolled in to town.

It just feels like a pointless rivalry to me, I live in South Leics and I still just don’t get it but that’s just me

17 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Put it this way, rivalries are supposed to add to the supporter experience. Rivalries are good when you can debate which club is grander or there is something to overcome.

We don’t have that with Coventry, it’s a smaller city, they’ve won far fewer trophies, they have a smaller fan base, and they’ve spent almost as much time in League One as in the top-flight. There’s also no history of controversy, we’re not even from the same region. 

It feels like a completely soulless and pointless feud to have.

Compare that with Forest, the biggest club from the only other major city in our region, similar fanbase size, similar ‘fairytale’ stories, similar amount of time spent in the top-flight. It’s far more rewarding as a rivalry because there is something to gain from playing them.

That’s just my view anyway.

18 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Put it this way, rivalries are supposed to add to the supporter experience. Rivalries are good when you can debate which club is grander or there is something to overcome.

We don’t have that with Coventry, it’s a smaller city, they’ve won far fewer trophies, they have a smaller fan base, and they’ve spent almost as much time in League One as in the top-flight. There’s also no history of controversy, we’re not even from the same region. 

It feels like a completely soulless and pointless feud to have.

Compare that with Forest, the biggest club from the only other major city in our region, similar fanbase size, similar ‘fairytale’ stories, similar amount of time spent in the top-flight. It’s far more rewarding as a rivalry because there is something to gain from playing them.

That’s just my view anyway.

If you live in south Leicestershire, Coventry are the rivals for a lot of people, plus we haven't play them for a while