Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Todd Cantwell

Might look at bit odd if we try to sign him when we  have one fit centre back at the club and we are postponing matches. Not sure he is better than what we have. We have been linked with him before but would be amazed if there is anything in this at the moment

Edited by Edingleyfox

Whilst Cantwell is Maddison-lite, it's been obvious that when Maddison is absent (and not on form) we are struggling for ideas. If Tielemans is going to depart this summer, then we've got build in some backup, and rotation options. For £15m it's not a bad shout given the positions he can play, but I can see why people aren't enthused too. If it's his attitude or historical behaviour, I'm sure Brendan can sort that out. If I played for Norwich I'd be frustrated too.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
10 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I think our next signing needs to be someone who would hold his own in a mass brawl. Not sure this is the guy.

Tony Sibson - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

39 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Whilst Cantwell is Maddison-lite, it's been obvious that when Maddison is absent (and not on form) we are struggling for ideas. If Tielemans is going to depart this summer, then we've got build in some backup, and rotation options. For £15m it's not a bad shout given the positions he can play, but I can see why people aren't enthused too. If it's his attitude or historical behaviour, I'm sure Brendan can sort that out. If I played for Norwich I'd be frustrated too.

I feel more euthanised than enthused 

Was the best player on the pitch when we played at Carrow Road earlier in the season, thought he was their only bright spark. Having said that, we were horrendous that day.

Can’t see where he fits in though, money best spent elsewhere methinks. 

Guest Kopfkino

He’s not yet had a good Championship season. He had 10 games at the start of 19/20 and that’s it. Turns 24 next year. Should be going to Middlesbrough for about 500k

I’ll go against the grain here... does a player like that look good in a relegation scrap? No... but for a club on the front foot in games, yes. 

I have the feeling he could go the same way as grealish, someone we all thought was rubbish when villa were struggling as well. The boy has talent and 15m is peanuts in this market

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ll go against the grain here... does a player like that look good in a relegation scrap? No... but for a club on the front foot in games, yes. 

I have the feeling he could go the same way as grealish, someone we all thought was rubbish when villa were struggling as well. The boy has talent and 15m is peanuts in this market

He’s a very good player, some stupid comments in here. 

For me though he’s probably not a priority. 

• Like 3

Possibly in the summer but not at the moment

No chance should we be spending £15m on Cantwell this month when we desperately need reinforcements in defence

Even in the summer there is likely to be a lot of other positions needing focus more than a cover player like Cantwell

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2