Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Todd Cantwell

2 hours ago, MPH said:

He’s a good player but has gone off the boil dramatically. Around 2019 he was playing very well. Was it form or class?

i wouldn’t trust Brendan to bring the flair back out in him. The hard work and discipline maybe, but not the flair.

Hasn't he just done that with Maddison?

• Like 1

A bit against the grain judging by most reactions, but if the coaching team felt his attitude was good and personality is a fit, then yes, at £15m I would take this guy. High energy and technically competent. Good squad player. 

With today's prices as a benchmark and the deal structured over time and performance then this strikes me as a bit of a low risk steal

Edited by Jacnah

I can't tell if he's any good or nor. He was good for a spell in 2019/20, then wanted to leave but stayed last season and eventually started playing well again but at a lower level. He's done nothing this season and it's evident he's leaving in the next 6 months. I'd prefer him to Perez but that's not saying much.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't tell if he's any good or nor. He was good for a spell in 2019/20, then wanted to leave but stayed last season and eventually started playing well again but at a lower level. He's done nothing this season and it's evident he's leaving in the next 6 months. I'd prefer him to Perez but that's not saying much.

....sometimes staying put is not the right idea or decision for your career!!!

You saw the way Mahrez form dipped because he wanted away, you are not going to be putting up great performances when you believe you are not where you should or want to be. If anything I recall about this player was that he is intelligent, not much pace but a good foil linking the midfield with the forwards.

For £15m he is worth it, gives us more depth.

We are never going to get that elite Right Winger, at least not for a few more seasons..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....sometimes staying put is not the right idea or decision for your career!!!

You saw the way Mahrez form dipped because he wanted away, you are not going to be putting up great performances when you believe you are not where you should or want to be. If anything I recall about this player was that he is intelligent, not much pace but a good foil linking the midfield with the forwards.

For £15m he is worth it, gives us more depth.

We are never going to get that elite Right Winger, at least not for a few more seasons..

Don’t necessarily disagree, but if Bergwin is available for the same price I’d prefer him.

It’s all pie in the sky though as it’s pretty likely we have no money to spend in January and if we did it will be going on a central defender.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stu said:

Don’t necessarily disagree, but if Bergwin is available for the same price I’d prefer him.

It’s all pie in the sky though as it’s pretty likely we have no money to spend in January and if we did it will be going on a central defender.

....I was looking at the summer window!!!

We have to bring a CB in this winter, you cannot rely on Fofana or JJ coming good at the back end of the season to propel us forward. I really believe there is a deal we could do in this window to reduce our problems, and it would not have to be a loan.

• Like 1

Possibly a similar signing to Lookman? Someone who's proved they can be the main man in the Premier League for a struggling club but then goes on to fade a bit.

We're now seeing glimpses of that old Lookman for us where he's capable of scoring in any game against any opponent and is turning in some impressive performances. 

Could Cantwell be the same? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

what else is he going to say?

“the managers done naff all!”

It really depends on the narrative that you are trying to project. 

If you're anti Rodgers you're probably going to underplay the manager's influence and conversely overplay it if you're pro. I remember in Pearson's days when there were a significant group who used to state that everything good was despite Pearson (because of Steve Walsh, Shakespeare etc.) and everything bad was because of him. We've had similar with John Rudkin and then Congerton. 

Really, all any of us can do, is listen to what people are quoted as saying and read between the lines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Leave the selfish spoilt brat in Norfolk.

From rumours round here he has a real attitude problem.

Well rumours were a few weeks ago was that James maddison was finished and shouldn't be playing Leicester ever again due to his performances and his attitude.

Also rumours stating that Leicester are Skint and cant afford a bag of skittles.

Also rumours that Ryan Bertrand is close to signing for Chelsea.

However they are all just rumours which all boil down to being Bullshit.

Sign the lad he is a very good player.

Under BR he could get back to his best and his best being a very effective asset for Leicester  

Edited by Fox85

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Buendia looked better at Norwich than Cantwell, and he’s looked pony at villa. 

...if you have most of the play going through you at one club and you are then ask to be a part of a  link, with another method of  playing, you are not going to be the same!!!

Grealish dictated the way Villa played and all went through him, Grealish's talent has not diminished, but he is now part of a team as opposed to running it, he now has to adapt.

I wanted to see Buendia come here, terrific player, flair, good linkup play and creative with it as well. Cantwell's drop in his productivity is more down to motivation, than an inability to come good again.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Well he could have just said its down to his own hard work, instead of mention Rodgers sitting him down and showing him video of when he was at his best. :dunno:

so all Rodgers has done then is shown him some videos? Don’t all managers do that?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

so all Rodgers has done then is shown him some videos? Don’t all managers do that?

If a player say the manager helped him, I'm going to talk it at face value.  

Just think its a bet strange that you think Rodgers has a problem helping flair players find form, with little to back it up. 

Edited by coolhandfox