Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Todd Cantwell

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If a player say the manager helped him, I'm going to talk it at face value.  

Just think its a bet strange that you think Rodgers has a problem helping flair players find form, with little to back it up

other than the fact that we’ve been playing with the combined creative force  of an under 11s team for several months? 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

other than the fact that we’ve been playing with the combined creative force  of an under 11s team for several months? 

So if we are so devoid of flair how have we scored 55 goals in 29 games in all comps, only 3 goals under averaging 2 a game? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Well rumours were a few weeks ago was that James maddison was finished and shouldn't be playing Leicester ever again due to his performances and his attitude.

Also rumours stating that Leicester are Skint and cant afford a bag of skittles.

Also rumours that Ryan Bertrand is close to signing for Chelsea.

However they are all just rumours which all boil down to being Bullshit.

Sign the lad he is a very good player.

Under BR he could get back to his best and his best being a very effective asset for Leicester  

Well you obviously know more about him than the Norwich fans that watch him every week.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So if we are so devoid of flair how have we scored 55 goals in 29 games in all comps, only 3 goals under averaging 2 a game? lol

in fairness we’ve had some pretty dull managers over the last several years but still managed to score big. Scoring goals doesn’t  just mean you have a team full of expressive flair  players, it can also mean you have a brilliant tactician in charge.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Well you obviously know more about him than the Norwich fans that watch him every week.

Ahhhh so you personally then or don't you actually know?

Just because someone calls someone a **** doesn't actually mean they are one.

Like I said the majority of Leicester fans were calling maddison one a few weeks back now look at him. 

12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Praet had no future here and he's not that good really.

Cheers Brendan:thumbup:.    I forgot the Belgian National Team is full of duffers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Ahhhh so you personally then or don't you actually know?

Just because someone calls someone a **** doesn't actually mean they are one.

Like I said the majority of Leicester fans were calling maddison one a few weeks back now look at him. 

So when he was playing well and not injured Fark dropped him for what reason? And the rumours were circulating months before that.

Praet to be fair was a utility player that never really shone in any of the positions he played in. This kid has flair. He also seems to have some other baggage too but he’s a baller alright and he’ll still have that in him somewhere. I’d take a chance on him if the coaches think they can excise his demon baggage and find that ability again and kick on from it.

10 hours ago, MPH said:

in fairness we’ve had some pretty dull managers over the last several years but still managed to score big. Scoring goals doesn’t  just mean you have a team full of expressive flair  players, it can also mean you have a brilliant tactician in charge.

Gone on them name this dull managers we have score big with in the PL? 

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Cheers Brendan:thumbup:.    I forgot the Belgian National Team is full of duffers.

...just looking from the outside, it is clear there is an issue with his tenure here at this club!!!

Either a falling out our an inability to incorporate him into the team unless we set up in a way that is aligned to how he wishes to play.

The last time I saw him play was at the KP against Villa (pre covid) and he came across as someone who is compliant in all aspects. He was very much taking instructions from Perez and in that scenario he should have been the one dictating and pulling the players together. 

If you do not stand up for yourself and use your voice, you get taken for granted and ignored.

There is a lot of intelligent play which he brings to the team, where no other player can bring but we play a style where I feel his strength is not used and he looks like a passenger. His movements off the ball and willingness to go ahead of the forwards is a very underused ploy for us. His game just does not align with how we look to play.

He is not setting the world alight at Torino and if he came back here, he will be sent back out immediately. 

There was talk of him usurping Youri when he (Praet) first came to the club, it has not happened, they are two different types of players.  Until Praet puts himself forward to control and dictate in a midfield role, and show some aspect of leadership, he is going to be overlooked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Well, to be fair, many deride BR as a dull manager, but we were only outscored by Manchester City and Manchester United last season and only by Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool the season before that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looking from the outside, it is clear there is an issue with his tenure here at this club!!!

Either a falling out our an inability to incorporate him into the team unless we set up in a way that is aligned to how he wishes to play.

The last time I saw him play was at the KP against Villa (pre covid) and he came across as someone who is compliant in all aspects. He was very much taking instructions from Perez and in that scenario he should have been the one dictating and pulling the players together. 

If you do not stand up for yourself and use your voice, you get taken for granted and ignored.

There is a lot of intelligent play which he brings to the team, where no other player can bring but we play a style where I feel his strength is not used and he looks like a passenger. His movements off the ball and willingness to go ahead of the forwards is a very underused ploy for us. His game just does not align with how we look to play.

He is not setting the world alight at Torino and if he came back here, he will be sent back out immediately. 

There was talk of him usurping Youri when he (Praet) first came to the club, it has not happened, they are two different types of players.  Until Praet puts himself forward to control and dictate in a midfield role, and show some aspect of leadership, he is going to be overlooked. 

To be honest I agree with @Grebfromgrebland. Praet is bang average at Premier League level. 

People often quote International football as some sort of barometer to prove a point, but it's not really. For teams like England and Belgium the majority of matches are played against vastly inferior opposition and only occasionally do they come up against quality teams at major tournaments. 

Praet is an ok squad player, but if he was a regular starter then it would probably be in a team that didn't have any aspirations beyond lower to mid-table. 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest I agree with @Grebfromgrebland. Praet is bang average at Premier League level. 

People often quote International football as some sort of barometer to prove a point, but it's not really. For teams like England and Belgium the majority of matches are played against vastly inferior opposition and only occasionally do they come up against quality teams at major tournaments. 

Praet is an ok squad player, but if he was a regular starter then it would probably be in a team that didn't have any aspirations beyond lower to mid-table. 

...just take a look at the Belgium squad...best squad in the world, on paper!!!

England have been to finals recently, and Belgium has failed to get pass quarter finals.

A poor manager is Belgiums problem, not the quality of players available to them.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Pearson puel and Ranieri all had fairly conservative styles of play admittedly Pearson was better in his second stint but once Ranieri made us more his own  we were woeful. We still scored plenty 

The original point I made was - is Cantwell better than Praet?  Then it morphed into Praet is not good enough and the Belguim National Team only play minnows.  FT is fantastic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

Pearson puel and Ranieri all had fairly conservative styles of play admittedly Pearson was better in his second stint but once Ranieri made us more his own  we were woeful. We still scored plenty 

Yet Rodger teams in 19/20 and 20/21 have managed to outscore them all except the Ranieri team in 2015/16, who scored 68 goals, which he matched in 20/21. 

He has also managed us in more games where we have scored 4 or more than any other LCFC manager in our PL history. 

You have to have a little flair in your side to manage that. I think you can accuse him of many things, like being a poor coach defensively but not being able to manage flair players isn't one. 

I suppose it depend on what you see as flair.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yet Rodger teams in 19/20 and 20/21 have managed to outscore them all except the Ranieri team in 2015/16, who scored 68 goals, which he matched in 20/21. 

He has also managed us in more games where we have scored 4 or more than any other LCFC manager in our PL history. 

You have to have a little flair in your side to manage that. I think you can accuse him of many things, like being a poor coach defensively but not being able to manage flair players isn't one. 

I suppose it depend on what you see as flair.

and again just because we score goals doesn’t mean we are bringing out the flair- we could just have a brilliant tactician at the helms..

anyway, prob best to leave it there chap, difference of opinions is ok. :) Enjoy the rest of your week!