Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

we hate forest

we hate derby

who the **** are coventry

i swear i heard a rendition of piss/shit on red side of the trent when we beat liverpool the other day

there's shit on the forest below as well

tiptoe through the trent end with a razor and a sawnoff shotgun

great tie

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Likewise I went to school in Ashby where it was 50/50 Derby/Leicester 

I could probably name you 30 derby fans

I know about 4 Forest fans

0 Cov fans 

Coalville is massively Leicester (other than the glory hunting Liverpool and Man Utd fans. I’d say our rivals are Derby. 

You go 5 miles across to Shepshed and it’s definitely Forest 

There used to be loads of Forest and Derby fans in Shepshed,about a three way split. They are very quiet nowadays , lots of plastic Liverpool fans for some reason though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FuriousFox46 said:

It is. Coventry are the club’s rivals but not particularly for myself 

Put it this way,

I was born in the city, and grew up in the burbs so equidistant from all of our rivals and Forest is by far our biggest in my view

All depends where youre from i suppose. Im from South Leicestershire (Lutterworth way) which obviously borders Warwickshire and Cov so it means much more as appose to Nottingham which is miles from me

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

There’s a few forest and derby fans in shepshed but we are mostly leicester you’ll be glad to know! 

Oh yeah.

What I meant when saying that Shepshed was definitely Forest, I meant the rivalry. There’s lots of Leicester from Shepshed. Me too really, living on Glenmore Avenue until I was 7 😅

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Absolutely gutted the official Forest account blocked me on Twitter for asking them if they had any heroin for sale, that place will be a gold mine now.

Someone reply to all comments with Notts Forest on my behalf please.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Nice draw. Can’t lose to them as they will forever tell us how they knocked us out as holders. Arsenal were shit today. Really poor. No urgency. Forest played the perfect lower league side game. 

Johnson and the RB looked decent. Their midfield looked pretty poor. Their defence was okish but will struggle with pace. 

We should win this with a professional performance. 

I'd love us to sign that Brennan Johnson before we play them & then start him!! :crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Yes the old rivalries are good for the odd cup match but they are all so beneath us now.

That could change of course. Either some of them get up to the Premier league or more likely we go down:P

There's no bragging rights if we beat a medicore forest/derby/cov but they will cream themselves if they beat us.

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Forest: It’S tHeIr BiG dAy OuT

But to be fair, this is yet another year we didn’t even qualify to play for the Brian Clough trophy. 

F47AE3EA-CDDD-464A-B32D-4AD1D903880F.jpeg

78D458DC-BA25-4491-8A40-C8C6A632D9C1.jpeg

C4AB2E6E-6D0A-40BD-96E1-CDC81D3BC223.jpeg

DE358B27-FA20-4880-861C-205060210AA9.jpeg

I’ve had bigger days out at Six Flags than forest away. 

(I’m really excited for the game :ph34r:)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

We should not write off a rivalry with Cov.  Anyone who went to their old ground in the 80's and 90's will let you know how big a rivalry it is. A great day out but you had to watch your back.  Also had a pub called the Sky Blue Tavern for away fans only right outside the ground.

It is good to have these rivals and games against them.  I would have loved them in round 4.  Perhaps we can get them in the 5th round if we both get through.

I actually don't care at all about Coventry, they can say what they want about us... the fact of the matter is they are an irrelevant club.

I'm taking this game at face value. It's another one we can win and progress. Since its forest it does make it interesting for just one day so lets just have some fun with it. That said we can't be too cocky and balls this up as knocking us out will be like getting promoted for this lot lol. They haven't had much to shout about in decades to be fair. My brother lives in Nottingham and will be rooting for forest where me and my other brother are foxes. Will be some good banter. Enjoy the short lived rivalry. :scarf:

36 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Forest: It’S tHeIr BiG dAy OuT

But to be fair, this is yet another year we didn’t even qualify to play for the Brian Clough trophy. 

78D458DC-BA25-4491-8A40-C8C6A632D9C1.jpeg

usually couldn't care less about the union jack but that flag is class

Edited by Out Foxed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Sat in my attic currently. It is huge!

Always loved the Union Jack from an aesthetic point of view.

great work

definitely works better than the st georges cross as it brings the focus to the middle rather than split around the outside. fingers crossed i can get a pick with it at some point!

@hackneyfox

When you're tired and weary

Your heart will skip a beat

You'll get your fooking head kicked in

when you walk down Filbert Street

You walk into the Spion Kop

You hear a mighty roar

fook off you Forest bastards

We are the Leicester boys.

There's a real old favourite for a starter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this who’s relevant, I’m not that fussed about them when not in our league, get them in a cup and I certainly hugely dislike derby forest and cov. Atmosphere for a local derby is different especially when it’s not a regular fixture anymore! If you ain’t up for celebrating our success whilst they’ve been stuck in the championship there’s something wrong! 

first went to the city ground aged 10, atmosphere great and remember the it like yesterday. We best win!!!!