Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

43 minutes ago, Yes said:

Don’t know much about how it works but is Friday definitely a no go because the police won’t have it or is there still a chance?

Fridays not out the question at all, we played derby on a Friday night, we also took 8k to forest on a Friday night, I know it’s not as likely as a Sunday but still a chance 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Japanfox said:

Never tried to look for a forest forum in my life, but took the op as we will play them soon.

It appears they have been hating us for a very long time even though we ant their rivals lol

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/48240-The-ascent-of-Leicester-City/page5

“We’Re nOt RiVaLs WiTh LeIcEsTeR, wE hAtE lIvErPoOl MoRe” :blink:

Mwhahaha…thanks for sharing as that’s absolutely hilarious.

Sounds like Forest don’t care about us after all 😳. I think it’s them with an inferiority complex and it’s amusing that all the ‘treeshaggers’ fall in line with constantly spouting about their party line of not caring about Leicester. All utter bullshit really and I’m sure true colours/feelings will be shown come game day.

Although I do agree with the Forest fans, I hate seeing Forest & Derby fans on our Leicestershire turf. Thankfully this has reduced an awful lot over the past couple of decades as our clubs fortunes have fared very differently.

Can’t wait for this game…

D296855B-77B6-4629-81A8-54F1098DBE42.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Mwhahaha…thanks for sharing as that’s absolutely hilarious.

Sounds like Forest don’t care about us after all 😳. I think it’s them with an inferiority complex and it’s amusing that all the ‘treeshaggers’ fall in line with constantly spouting about their party line of not caring about Leicester. All utter bullshit really and I’m sure true colours/feelings will be shown come game day.

Although I do agree with the Forest fans, I hate seeing Forest & Derby fans on our Leicestershire turf. Thankfully this has reduced an awful lot over the past couple of decades as our clubs fortunes have fared very differently.

Can’t wait for this game…

D296855B-77B6-4629-81A8-54F1098DBE42.jpeg

It has massively reduced but I always hated that as well, it’d be funny if we did the same to them and they started to see more Leicester fans cropping up in their areas but I think the only reason it happened in the first place is some places in Leicestershire are as close to them as they are us, was easy for some to justify their glory hunting 40+ years ago.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Forest and Derby are like those couple of cousins at a family do who supposedly hate each other but they have conflicting sexual tension. 

‘Better together than apart’. Neither will hear a bad word said about grandfather Brian 

DFA ( Derby Forest Alliance) 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Forest and Derby are like those couple of cousins at a family do who supposedly hate each other but they have conflicting sexual tension. 

‘Better together than apart’. Neither will hear a bad word said about grandfather Brian 

Your family sounds... interesting.

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2022 at 21:33, ForestAreMagic said:

Hi.  Forest fan here. Interesting reading all the comments.

A Tricky Tree view on a couple of things:

You’ll get about 4.3k tickets.  No chance of 8k.  4.3k is the lower Bridgford End, minus probably a few empty seats between you and the Forest fans as this is obviously a high risk fixture.  

FWIW we see you as a main rival.  Of course we do.  Albeit our second rival behind Derby.  We sing ‘we hate Derby County. We hate Leicester too’.  We sing about Stevie Cooper ‘he hates the Leicester, he hates the Derby, Forest are magic’.  Fans from Sutton Bonnington, Loughborough etc loathe Leicester.  However a few of us liked it when you won the League, whereas we couldn’t have abided Derby achieving that.  None of us would say we have any rivals other than Derby or Leicester.  

This is a big game and both sets of supporters and players know it.  We haven’t played each other for ages and I think it will have the hottest atmosphere for a Forest-Leicester game since 1994 when both clubs got promoted.  

:wes:

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

:wes:

Not certain why fans from Loughborough hate the Foxes? I lived their and went to school there, there was always a majority of leicester fans, may be different in the outlying northern villages? Loughborough roughly is midway between Leicester, Derby and Nottingham so there is always going to be a mix of supporters. What is strange, as the rivalry does not exist in the rugby. as the Tigers and Notts teams work together, to help each other along with loughborough University. 

• Like 1