Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

23 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Sorry to go all boring, but they don’t. Living in Nottingham, most Forest fans I chat to are decent people who actually like that we are doing well. They’d like to be doing as well as us, and I’d like them to, too! Imagine having two games against Forest instead of two games against Burnley? Has to be a good thing? But having a few morons in their fan base isn’t unique to Forest …. 

I think ‘like that you are doing well’ is stretching it a bit but the title win was quite a nice novelty, and it’s encouraging to see that a club that are a similar size to Forest can be up there.  We’d all like Forest, Leicester and Derby to be in the Prem.  

The vast majority of us are charming, intelligent and handsome too - I agree with you there 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm guessing that nowadays fans are a bit more family orientated, but in my day Forest fans to us Leicester supporters always felt like they were superior to us.  Of course they had history of winning things and they looked down on Leicester as some sort of little neighbour...

Anyways, us Leicester fans were always up for this football match and when we occasionally beat them, it was one hell of a party.

LTID. :scarf:

Edited by Japanfox

On 13/01/2022 at 23:04, TrentFox said:

Sorry to go all boring, but they don’t. Living in Nottingham, most Forest fans I chat to are decent people who actually like that we are doing well. They’d like to be doing as well as us, and I’d like them to, too! Imagine having two games against Forest instead of two games against Burnley? Has to be a good thing? But having a few morons in their fan base isn’t unique to Forest …. 

I know this kind of thing is important to some people, but personally? I genuinely and honestly couldn't give a sh1t! 

• Like 3

I know I've commented on bizarre rivalry between Forest Derby that seems to stemmed around the dual focus of bigging each other up in a joint effort to make it relevant while ensuring they tell us they dont care about us, but they are overdue a Premier League stint for their size.

When I say this, I mean it akin to Sheffield Wednesday. Lets not pretend they are any bigger than that.

As much as the good intentions have been on certain comments, we really arent a similar size club to Forest any more. 10 years ago it would be true but football has moved on and we are light years ahead of the club we were size wise from the year we won the league let alone the championship side, bit like saying Chelsea are a similar size of club to Everton right now just because they once were not too long ago.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Foxes talk is honestly one of the best footy forums. In terms of content, layout, and active members. 

It's utter shite actually................................:ph34r:

Forest have an obsession with Liverpool and class them as rivals whilst Liverpool fans are wishing Forest well and hoping they get promoted one day. As laughable as it may sound, some Forest fans see Liverpool as a bigger "rival" than Derby. Yes really.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Forest have an obsession with Liverpool and class them as rivals whilst Liverpool fans are wishing Forest well and hoping they get promoted one day. As laughable as it may sound, some Forest fans see Liverpool as a bigger "rival" than Derby. Yes really.

It baffles me that they don’t realise that the 70s and 80s were a blip in their story and not the standard.

that’s why this superiority complex they have is so funny. They think they’re too big to be rivals with us, despite being smaller clubs but predicate it on being ‘rivals’ with Liverpool and Leeds :unsure:

Edited by FuriousFox46
  • Like 2