Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Good chance 2015-2025 is a blip in our history and not the standard. 

I doubt it, we will continue to rise, our training facilities are one of the best in England, and our stadium expansion as well. With Top at the helm we are only going to keep on getting better and better

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

Forest have an obsession with Liverpool and class them as rivals whilst Liverpool fans are wishing Forest well and hoping they get promoted one day. As laughable as it may sound, some Forest fans see Liverpool as a bigger "rival" than Derby. Yes really.

There does seem to be this thing with some old big clubs where they carry rivalries on as if those games are still played today. Leeds are an example of that too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

There does seem to be this thing with some old big clubs where they carry rivalries on as if those games are still played today. Leeds are an example of that too.

It’s all a bit empty though, when Forest finally play Liverpool again their fans will be foaming at the mouth in hate towards them in the belief they’re reigniting this major rivalry, where as at worst Liverpool will have a handful of old boys who have a mild dislike for them mostly because of Clough and a few foreign fans who pretend it’s a thing because they read about it on Wiki, the vast majority just won’t care at all and they’ll probably wish them well for the most part. 

Even Leeds you get the feeling the games against Manchester United mean a lot more to them than Man U and that’s an actual rivalry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I doubt it, we will continue to rise, our training facilities are one of the best in England, and our stadium expansion as well. With Top at the helm we are only going to keep on getting better and better

Hope so.

But it's not going to get any easier over the next few years.

Only takes a few season of dodgy decisions on the managerial front and player recruitment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I've lived in Nottingham for 8 years. You see blue City shirts there and you see a lot of kids wearing it. I legit can't remember last time I saw a Forest shirt in Leicester. We have swooped all the young U15 kids to support our club. I've heard from parents who say their kids are asking for Leicester shirts. Cant underestimate how huge Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison etc have been to impressionable young kids. We've already surpassed Derby and we're a bigger club than them. If the club make the right moves regarding stadium, players and manager we will be the supreme leader in the region for a long time. 

I lived in derby and noticed the same there. And like you said, you never see Forest or Derby shirts in Leicester. It’s either us or one of the 6.

50 minutes ago, Yes said:

It’s all a bit empty though, when Forest finally play Liverpool again their fans will be foaming at the mouth in hate towards them in the belief they’re reigniting this major rivalry, where as at worst Liverpool will have a handful of old boys who have a mild dislike for them mostly because of Clough and a few foreign fans who pretend it’s a thing because they read about it on Wiki, the vast majority just won’t care at all and they’ll probably wish them well for the most part. 

Even Leeds you get the feeling the games against Manchester United mean a lot more to them than Man U and that’s an actual rivalry.

Does rivalry have to be two-way? S'pose it does by definition but numerous examples show a dislike (hatred?) of another club that isn't reciprocated. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Does rivalry have to be two-way? S'pose it does by definition but numerous examples show a dislike (hatred?) of another club that isn't reciprocated. 

Not necessarily but it helps, most fans have teams they dislike that obviously won’t dislike them back. 

But it’s not that, obviously not all of them but a number of Forest fans will accuse us of forcing a rivalry and then claim there’s a legitimate 2 way rivalry between them and Liverpool.

Their only reason for thinking it’s still a thing is because Liverpool sometimes sing a song that starts off with “we hate Nottingham Forest” a song many clubs have sang for years (sometimes “and Leicester” gets added in somewhere) where as if you point out the many songs they sing about hating us they’ll say it’s just because we fit the song. Bit of self awareness wouldn’t hurt. 

Edited by Yes

55 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

I lived in derby and noticed the same there. And like you said, you never see Forest or Derby shirts in Leicester. It’s either us or one of the 6.

You might be seeing even more City shirts in Derby if the EFL take away their golden share on 1st Feb as threatened. NottsF won't have any rivals then. 

5 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Foxes talk is honestly one of the best footy forums. In terms of content, layout, and active members. 

it's the best. we're incredibly lucky to have such a professionally designed and well run forum. it's as good as any top sports forum two+two (poker) sherdog (mma).

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I've lived in Nottingham for 8 years. You see blue City shirts there and you see a lot of kids wearing it. I legit can't remember last time I saw a Forest shirt in Leicester. We have swooped all the young U15 kids to support our club. I've heard from parents who say their kids are asking for Leicester shirts. Cant underestimate how huge Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison etc have been to impressionable young kids. We've already surpassed Derby and we're a bigger club than them. If the club make the right moves regarding stadium, players and manager we will be the supreme leader in the region for a long time. 

A family member teaches in Nottingham. There are several Leicester season ticket holders in the school, most without any connection to Leicester.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hope so.

But it's not going to get any easier over the next few years.

Only takes a few season of dodgy decisions on the managerial front and player recruitment.

You're right of course but if we stick to our previous model of recruitment to try and unearth cheaper uncut gems to then, when absolutely necessary, sell at a huge profit, I think we'll do ok. 

If Tielemans leaves or, any other player that refuses to renew their contract the money needs to be invested wisely. We may find ourselves in need of a small rebuild this summer and I just hope that should Rodgers stay, he has very little sway in terms of who to sign as his past record doesn't instill much confidence. I have no problem in him saying what type of player he'd like, like a centre half capable of running but, the recruitment should be up to our proven team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Away pubs-

Has anyone any idea whether this Broken Wheelbarrow pubs gonna be open on a Sunday?

The Navigation is another one mentioned 

What are peoples thoughts? 

Yeah it’s Notts county’s supporters club basically. Was open for Arsenal fans 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yes said:

Not necessarily but it helps, most fans have teams they dislike that obviously won’t dislike them back. 

But it’s not that, obviously not all of them but a number of Forest fans will accuse us of forcing a rivalry and then claim there’s a legitimate 2 way rivalry between them and Liverpool.

Their only reason for thinking it’s still a thing is because Liverpool sometimes sing a song that starts off with “we hate Nottingham Forest” a song many clubs have sang for years (sometimes “and Leicester” gets added in somewhere) where as if you point out the many songs they sing about hating us they’ll say it’s just because we fit the song. Bit of self awareness wouldn’t hurt. 

The and Leicester is sung by Chelsea (and possibly Spurs), We will follow the Chelsea, over land and sea AND LEICESTER

17 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Away pubs-

Has anyone any idea whether this Broken Wheelbarrow pubs gonna be open on a Sunday?

The Navigation is another one mentioned 

What are peoples thoughts? 

I'm going City Centre I think. I went in that Notts County supporters before and it's okay but I remember it being small.