Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

18 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Away pubs-

Has anyone any idea whether this Broken Wheelbarrow pubs gonna be open on a Sunday?

The Navigation is another one mentioned 

What are peoples thoughts? 

Your better off drinking in town and working your way to the ground. Only place allowing away fans will be broken wheelbarrow which I think has a capacity about 450

21 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Your better off drinking in town and working your way to the ground. Only place allowing away fans will be broken wheelbarrow which I think has a capacity about 450

I reckon the police will be rounding any obvious leicester fan up and getting them all in one location 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Away pubs-

Has anyone any idea whether this Broken Wheelbarrow pubs gonna be open on a Sunday?

The Navigation is another one mentioned 

What are peoples thoughts? 

Get yourself to Sneinton market where there’s a handful of craft/ale options. Only 15 mins walk from the ground. The King Billy, Fox & Grapes and Bunkers should all be open. Plus try the Partizan Tavern for good beers. Ran by a Notts County fan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I reckon the police will be rounding any obvious leicester fan up and getting them all in one location 

I reckon arriving by train gives you next to no chance of enjoying a pre match beer. 

Be imaginative, drive in via a circuitous route  past the normal a46 and a453 approaches  and hole up at suburban boozers. 

Anyone wearing colours must be doolally 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I reckon arriving by train gives you next to no chance of enjoying a pre match beer. 

Be imaginative, drive in via a circuitous route  past the normal a46 and a453 approaches  and hole up at suburban boozers. 

There’s a few in our group who want to get the train, but I think it’s risky in terms of being collared immediately 

A bus we sometimes go on is thinking of drinking in Leics before going straight to the ground. 

52 blokes getting off in Long Eaton won’t be made very welcome (they also need to notify the police if drinking within 10 miles of the stadium) 

We used to drink in the Beeches hotel (the other side of Trent Bridge to the City Ground) in our Championship days, which was fine, but very dull really

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

In the train station don't leave out the main entrance.

Go up the steps towards the tram stop and you can get out that way with less chance of getting rounded up and there's a bar called Hopkinsons directly opposite, plus one called Cured just over the canal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

There’s a few in our group who want to get the train, but I think it’s risky in terms of being collared immediately 

A bus we sometimes go on is thinking of drinking in Leics before going straight to the ground. 

52 blokes getting off in Long Eaton won’t be made very welcome (they also need to notify the police if drinking within 10 miles of the stadium) 

We used to drink in the Beeches hotel (the other side of Trent Bridge to the City Ground) in our Championship days, which was fine, but very dull really

Quite a few pubs and bars in West Bridgford which will let you in if you arrive early enough.

Larwood, Waterside and Red Bar are the only ones who will only be strict and let home fans in.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in donating, the chap who has befriended Bernie is doing a sponsored walk from Bernie’s care home to the forest stadium on the morning of the game. He’s going to split the money  50/50 between the Vichai foundation and Bernie’s  care home to buy something nice for the residents. He’s chosen the forest game because of Bernie’s love for forest lol

anyway, if anyone could spare anything even just a fiver, it will all help!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/walk-for-bernie?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B5102-48hr-donor-share

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. I doubt they will be singing about helicopters. One person on twitter doesn't mean there whole fan base is like that. 

2. He's on about Notts county. 

A few in for a shock I feel. 

We'll be singing about Clough and they'll be singing about Vichai.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A few in for a shock I feel. 

We'll be singing about Clough and they'll be singing about Vichai.

Reading Twitter I think a lot of our younger supporters are in for a shock if they think they’re going to get a free run of the city too

Which game was it in our Championship days, when it really went off outside after FT?

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Reading Twitter I think a lot of our younger supporters are in for a shock if they think they’re going to get a free run of the city too

Which game was it in our Championship days, when it really went off outside after FT?

I think the Clive Clarke there was some scenes outside, that was a cup tie mind.

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeh and there were quite a few objects thrown from their A block across the ambulance entrance towards our end

There was another time though which got fairly interesting outside 

Early 80's throwing the dumb fvcks off lady bay bridge into the trent. November and fvck was it cold.

• Haha 2