Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

Not quite sure how to put this without offending anyone, but it's a bit embarrassing the way some people are looking forward to this.

There's not a rivalry, I don't think there really ever has been.

It's Forest. They've not been relevant to us for about 25 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, Notts County are at home to Grimsby on that day. Absolutely no way that the police would allow for both games to take place on the same day. I’d imagine that they view Grimsby Town as pretty high risk lol.

Can see that game being on the Saturday and then ours being given the early slot on Sunday. Or the other way round perhaps.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah, Notts County are at home to Grimsby on that day. Absolutely no way the police would allow for both games to take place on the same day as I’d imagine that they view that name as pretty risk.

Can see that game being on the Saturday and then ours being given the early slot on Sunday. Or the other way round perhaps.

It'll be Sunday or Friday fixture that's certain. Probably a midday Sunday to avoid early drinking.... like that'll stop some.

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Not quite sure how to put this without offending anyone, but it's a bit embarrassing the way some people are looking forward to this.

rival: a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity. correct they've never been a rival up until they beat arsenal today. and they will not be a rival once they get smoked in the next round

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Last time I went to Forest, I was walking on my own from the station to the ground.

Behind me were several knobs singing
 "Build a bonfire,
  Build a bonfire,
  Put the Derby on the top,
  Put the Leicester in the middle,
  And we'll burn the ****ing lot"

I had to laugh.

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

“I don’t care so they’re not relevant”

• Like 1

Just now, kristianity77 said:

You must be fun at parties. 

Regardless of where we have been in the last 10 years respectively, it is a local derby, so it is a bit more spicy.  And that's what fans want sometimes and we haven't had that since 2013/14 season.

OK, so Northampton Town could be classed as local. 

Same relevance. 

There is literally no rivalry with Forest.

Why are people making out there is?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Would you feel the same way if we were drawn to play Kettering Town?

There's not much difference. 

Get over yourself. 

Other people feel differently. 

I personally find forest utterly irrelevant as they have been below our level for so long, but I will still look forward to it and so will thousands of others. 

Can't wait for this one. Really despise these scumbags, such a deluded bunch. Would love it if we put out the kids and gave them a hiding, would really highlight the gulf between the two clubs however we do need to be careful as it is a potential banana skin and we'll never hear the end of it if they were to dump out the current holders. 

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the chants likely to be rolled out by both sides. No doubt we'll hear some cringeworthy songs from our side completely revising history, whilst I fully expect reference to Vichai and and the usual racist nonsense about Leicester from their end.