Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Forest away

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

Do Leeds forums have posters saying they shouldn’t consider Man United rivals because they hate Liverpool?

Likewise  Chelsea with Tottenham?

Ah, fair enough. We'll agree to disagree.

I'll be the minority.

Hope you all enjoy your Cup final in the first week of February, it's clearly our biggest game of the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm basing it on the fact that the 2 clubs have never been in direct competition for anything and aren't exactly local.

Their rival is Derby. 

We don't really have a local rival and I don't understand the desperation to have one.

Their fans are probably looking on here and based on some of the reactions, Forest fans will be thinking this is our biggest game of the season.

It's not. 

It's a cup tie against an average Championship team.

There is a significant rivalry because it's an East Midlands derby between the two biggest teams in the region. It isn't a "local" derby though; to me local is within walking distance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Any money Wes Morgan will be in the studio as a pundit for the match too!

Is it too much to dream that injuries and fortune might somehow conspire to stick the big lad up front? Whereupon he would summon the fading power of his legs to rise in majesty over a crowded box to nod in his third, and City's ninth?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'll be the minority.

Hope you all enjoy your Cup final in the first week of February, it's clearly our biggest game of the season.

Do you even like football??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Not quite sure how to put this without offending anyone, but it's a bit embarrassing the way some people are looking forward to this.

There's not a rivalry, I don't think there really ever has been.

It's Forest. They've not been relevant to us for about 25 years.

I half agree. Only reason I was happy we got them is because I didn't want us to play ****ing Arsenal away. I'm not really that up for this game though tbh. 

Edited by Koke

19 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

There is a significant rivalry because it's an East Midlands derby between the two biggest teams in the region. It isn't a "local" derby though; to me local is within walking distance.

To be fair that definition would almost entirely eliminate local derbies, even in multi team cities.

I work in education and used to teach in North Manchester. Last year I somehow had a lad who was about 11 who supported Forest - tbf his dad was a fan and took him to games.  His jaw dropped when he found out I was a city fan and turned up one day with my beanie hat on. 

So, yeah, this still means something

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'll be the minority.

16 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Who gave you the exclusive rights to determine what games fans should or shouldn’t look forwards to?

We are not forests main rivals, of course we aren’t, but their fans will be bang up for this one as well.

Stop telling people they shouldn’t look forward to this and if you’re not bothered, don’t invest in it. 

Yeah, Tom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Not quite sure how to put this without offending anyone, but it's a bit embarrassing the way some people are looking forward to this.

There's not a rivalry, I don't think there really ever has been.

It's Forest. They've not been relevant to us for about 25 years.

Fair enough if you want to say there’s not much there now, but that isn’t true, pre Clough it was both teams biggest rivalry and the whole we don’t care about you stuff probably didn’t even come around until the 2000s.

Each to their own, most our fans seem up for it and plenty of theirs do to, if you and some of their fans aren’t then that’s perfectly fine, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprise if they sold out for it, something they failed to do tonight for a “big 6” side.

Edited by Yes